1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

The Idea of a Toonami channel

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Cartoon Ruler, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler The Ruler of the Watchdogs

A Toonami channel could work fine if the block on AS does pretty well. It could simply replace Boomerang as a 24/7 ad-supported action channel. While Boomerang could just go back to being a block on either Cartoon Network or TCM. I know it doesn't happening anytime soon, but anything's possible.

Do you think a Toonami channel would work? Share you're opinions. :)

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think that they would need to get a lot more new shows to be an ad-supported channel. Not to mention a huge budget just to become a channel. While it sounds nice, I'm okay with just having a Toonami block. Getting a channel would probably be way too difficult for them to do. Maybe if the block does really well, they could try to get it a run their weekday lineup, like maybe an hour or two, but I'm fine with just having the block.

3. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

Yeah let's just see if Toonami can start an hour earlier before we jump to a full channel.

4. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

The difference between a Toonami channel and Boomerang is that Boomerang is easier to maintain.

CN owns the entire Hanna-Barbera library and their own original shows, so they save themselves a lot of money on programming.

Toonami won't be so easy. They'd have to purchase the rights to a lot of anime and action programming from third-parties, and continually pay for the rights to those shows.

As of right now, Toonami is fine at 6 hours, one night a week. A 24/7 network would be strenuous on its already limited budget.