1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Hurricane Matthews thread

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by wonderfly, Oct 7, 2016.

1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Apparently it's time the USA had another monster hurricane.

Hurricane Matthews is battering Florida right now, and the worst affects are still to come.

Meanwhile, there are over 800 dead in Haiti due to this hurricane. We get one of these monster storms every few years, it seems like. Last one I recall was Hurricane Sandy in 2012 (strangely enough, that was right before a Presidential election as well)...

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

The last I checked Matthew was going to make a Boomerang return to Florida after North Carolina, I really hope that isn't the case.

3. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

At the beginning of the week, Matthew was supposed to make all the way up to my area (I actually posted a status about it). It wasn't going to directly hit, but it was still forecasted to have 90 MPH winds by the time it reached New England. Thankfully, that won't be happening now. Unfortunately, it's still a problem down south. I have a friend on DeviantArt that lives in Florida, and a couple days ago, she wrote a journal about the coming storm. I hope her and her family are doing alright. I also know there are members on here from Florida (@Gatordragon and @Zeether come to mind, not sure if there's anyone else). I know they were both on today, but I hope they're doing alright.
    I think it will be a lot weaker by that point at least.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Even so Florida would still be in a weak state to handle a Tropical storm after getting hit by a major hurricane like Matthew.

5. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

6. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

7. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

Oh hey, thanks for mentioning me, @PinkiePie97 ! I didn't know this thread existed.

Yep, I'm currently enduring Hurricane Matthew right now. Living inland, I still have power and running water, so I'm doing alright. The news is really showing the impact the hurricane did on the coast. Reminds me of when Hurricane Jeanne ravaged my hometown years ago.

• Like Like x 2
  8. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

No problem! Glad to know you're doing alright!

9. SparkleMan

SparkleMan One Step Closer To The Edge

If it did, it would just be a tropical storm.

10. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

I'm alright, but my power was out for a day (I had to use 4G, that was probably why you saw me online). Ended up going to my folks' house because they had power, for some reason my county was taking the longest out of all of greater Orlando to get fixed.