1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

The "Hulk: Gamma Corps" Animated Series News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Nov 5, 2007.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Via press release, Marvel today released its numbers for the 3rd quarter of 2007 and for the nine months ending September 30th, 2007 (Newsarama coverage). In it, Marvel revealed a new Hulk animated series is in development.

Stay tuned for further updates and an official announcement on the new Hulk animated series.

Until then, comments?

2. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Active Member

ah..
    Well, I guess there’s any number of interesting directions this could go. And some not-so-interesting directions.

What I would want to see:
    Lots of Banner on the run, in different locales, worldwide.
    Many feats of strength.
    Lots of fights.
    I was probably among the few people who dug the Bruce Jones-era conspiracy arcs.
    Special episodes should spotlight the Gray Hulk.

Supporting characters: Betty, General Ross, Talbot, Doc Samson.
    Recurring characters: Rick Jones, Jim Wilson,
    Villains- Leader, Madman, Rhino, Glob, Absorbing Man, Zzaxx, Troyjans, and all others.

What I don’t want to see:
    Hulk & Son.

3. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

The only things I ask for are quality, 2D animation and good writing.

4. Caswin

Caswin Active Member

I don't see Jack McGee in there. ;)

5. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Just as long as they don't have She-Hulk take over the series . . .

6. KuwabaraTheMan

KuwabaraTheMan Active Member

Ideally, I'd like to see this draw a lot of inspiration from Peter David's work on the Hulk. Not exclusively, but it'd be cool to see a lot of his trademark concepts get used for the animated series.

7. creativerealms

creativerealms Active Member

I wonder if Hulk Smash (The DTV) is going to be a pilot of sorts for the show or if the DTV and the show are going to go two different directions.

8. Tempest

Tempest Member

Marvel REALLY has their heads up their beHINDS if they think there's any clamouring for another HULK animated series when they've severely neglected dozens upon dozens of more interesting properties and concepts.

I can probably speak for a bunch of poster when I say have ZERO interest in a Hulk cartoon at this point, it's tediumpalooza, theres nothing you can do with it anymore. The character works best as an anti-hero guest star and nothing more, ZERO charisma. This animated at-bat BY FAR deserves to go to Captain America and Daredevil for a series. THEY have charisma and a massive following and nor criminally have ever been done by Marvel. Hulk has jumped the shark more than Namor in the Pacific and for the life of me I don't understand how greenlit (no pun intended) another motion picture when the first one underachieved and under performed financially???? Hulk and Bruce Banner must have Ari Gold as their agent.

Hulk had a series in the late 90's that had a nice first season and a dreadful second season, and who in blazes asked for a follow up???? NAY to the Hulk (same can be said for Fantastic Four as well), get to the back of the line overrated Hulk and FF and make way for Cap and Daredevil I say!!!

9. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Anyway back on topic, it'd be cool if they did something like Ultimate Destruction what with the Devil Hulk( probably would have to change his name to Demon or something ). I wouldn't mind if they have that game's version of Emil Blonsky as well.

10. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

I hope Bruce alter ego is secret like his 1982 animated series. This show is in 2D animation and not CGI, right?

11. LUNARWOLF22

LUNARWOLF22 Member

that is so cooool i wonder if it will be as good as th 90s version

12. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Through their Fourth Quarter 2007 Numbers press release, Marvel has provided updated information on the upcoming Hulk: The Animated Series animated television series. According to the update, the series is slated for a spring 2009 release.

13. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Same time as X Men. Now if they would only say where they'd air, maybe I could get more excited for it.

14. Miyamoto Musashi

The Incredible Hulk 3rd true animated series, I hope it's full of Rick and has the black kid (I don't know his name). And it'll be good to see the professor version of the Hulk animated in this show instead of Joe Fixit

15. Master Toon

Master Toon Active Member

I just hope they don't try to be "kewl" with the kids. I don't even know what I just said. I'm all for it as long as they don't do something silly and make Hulk slender yet musclebound. :D

16. thedanmachine

thedanmachine gomu gomu no custom title

Personally, unless he is done really well, I dont think Hulk can hold his own tv series. His rogues gallery isnt well known, his character can get really old really fast, and I think he fits better as a supporting character then as the star of his own show.

But, Ill just have to wait and see what this series is all about before I pass judgement.

17. Master Toon

Master Toon Active Member

But didn't Hulk have 2 past series already?

18. thedanmachine

thedanmachine gomu gomu no custom title

yea, he did. In my opinion they werent very good though.

But as I said, maybe this one can change my opinions.

19. Miyamoto Musashi

As cheesy and ridiculous as it is to some Hulk fans; I loved the 1982 animated series, a beautifully portrayed Hulk with a secret and a great way to preserve his secret.

20. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

I partially agree with you.

IMO, the ONLY way the Hulk can have a successful animated tv series is to get rid of the played out and boring as hell dim witted "Hulk smash" version of the character and instead use the ORIGINAL (and current) cunning (but mean) version of the Hulk who can actually talk in complete sentences. Add some humor and lot's of action to the show, and you got a hit on your hand.