The Hey Arnold Movie Discussion [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by zarius, Jun 27, 2002.

1. zarius

zarius New Member

Who here is syched up for the Hey Arnold! Movie?

Finally!

After Five-Six years, one of Nick's most popular shows finally gets a feature-length outing.

What makes Arnold a great Nicktoon was that it came to our screens at a time where a truckolad of zany, out of control, controversial, off-the wall toons like "Ren and stimpy".."Rocko's Modern Life", "2 stupid dogs", and...er..."Ren and Stimpy" , were running rampant. It was nice to see a show that was a little more closer to Reality and still contain that same kind of Nicktoon humour.

The film will be the culimination of evey H.A fan's dreams and anticipations. This film's gonna have it all..

And the minuet Arnold and Helga finallyl do what I KNOW there gonna do, I swear to god I will scream "yes" at the top of my voice Inside that damn multiplex!

[If you hav'nt seen the trailer, you won't know that Helga CONFESSES her love for Arnold near the trailer's end. I also heard that the two KISS at the end of the film.]

Who else can't wait for this film to be released?

2. Elven Moon

Elven Moon hiya, toonsters

I've seen the trailor, and they put the kissing scene in (maybe there's more than one, but that's what I saw). Arnold looks downright terrified, because it's kind of a forced kiss. The expression on his face... but I wonder what he says afterwards. I want to know :cool:

Yes, although it looks a bit corny, I will see the movie eventually, probably not in the theaters.

3. zarius

zarius New Member

re: Hey Arnold Movie Discussion [SPOILERS]

Hmm..Maybye Helga gives him the kiss just as he's about to embark on a mission he may not return from..

[save a life, maybye? come, on, the film WILL have him saving someone's hide from a dangerous predicament, what kind of Nicktoon would it be without THAT factor?]

Man This is gonna be sooooooooooo cute :dot:

GO ARNOLD

4. Elven Moon

Elven Moon hiya, toonsters

I thought Helga's crush on Arnold would not be revealed at all during the course of the show (sort of a thing that would take another few years, more than a few years, or not at all), and I was really surprised to learn that she would be confessing in the movie. Really surprised.

But, it's just as well. I'm sort of a Helga-Arnold fan myself, and want to see it ;)

5. Rei

Rei Playing BG&E

I'm a pretty big Hey Arnold fan. I've been watching since it's beginning and although I like that it's finally getting a movie I'm not crazy about the plot to it. Not so much Arnold saving the neighborhood but from what I've seen in commercials it looks like they trying to make it more action oriented. Arnold and Gerald going in as agents, a bus jumping over a bridge, and other things that I can't remember right now. HA has never really been about action but focused mainly on characters and their problems. I'm just hoping these commercials are just to bring in viewers looking for action when there won't be much.

I just hope we get "The Journal" where Arnold finds out the identity of his parents after because that sounds much more interesting to long time fans.

6. Sora Takenouchi

Sora Takenouchi Star Stealer!

Yeah, the plot to this movie sounds like the plot to a normal episode that could be wrapped up in 14 minutes. :p

And who wants to bet that by the end of the movie Arnold or Helga gets hit on the head and forget the entire "love confession" or something. :rolleyes:

7. J.C.

J.C. Citizen of Cobra-La

That's what I've been thinking. So I'm looking at it more as a chance to see a really long episode of Hey Arnold! on the big screen. After I see Mr. Deeds, of course. :D

8. Ren

Ren Look! A cute little hobbit!

I loved the movie

I personally adored the movie. But then, I'm a Hey Arnold (obsessed) fan, who wore a shirt that said "Hey Arnold!" and brought my Arnold and Gerald keychains and considered taking the Arnold beanie I found in some discount store. :D
    But my friends, who came with me liked it, too. I suppose it does have more action than the normal HA episode, but it doesn't seem out of place.

And as my spoiler for the day: Arnold actually gives Helga a "way out" of her confession. It's sweet. "You actually hate me, don't you?" :cool:

Anyway, I liked the movie. :wakko:

9. Nickdisk

Nickdisk New Member

the Hey Arnold! movie sounds really cool :) i cant wait until its released over here in the UK :)

its a shame that most of the reviews i've seen so far having been putting the movie down :(

10. mbaker

mbaker New Member

What's wrong with "zany, out of control, off-the wall, controversial" cartoons anyway? You can never have too many of those. (It helps the industry grow.) I'm not saying it's wrong to use A little reality, but don't exclude the other side. I know I'm in the wrong movie, but I just thought I'd weigh in on this.

11. zarius

zarius New Member

A Way OUT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god, I'm having a heart attack, can't we just close ONE chapter on arnold's life happily?

I LIED on tv.tome.com thinking what I suspected in the film was going to happen! I'm gonna look like an idiot

Ah, what the heck, I'll see it in 2 days anyway, sounds great all the same.

Rumours that the 2nd movie will focus on the quest for Arnold's Parents.

12. zarius

zarius New Member

wait..wait..calm down Zarius..

I may have exaggerated there a bit. :yakko:

13. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist New Member

2 Stupid Dogs wasn't on Nickelodeon. It's a Cartoon Network show.

14. Rei

Rei Playing BG&E

A really good cartoon too.

15. Andy Mancini

Andy Mancini New Member

That kicked ass. It's a nice capper to the show. I liked the "little things" they put in for fans to pick up on, like Eugene wearing an Abdacator costume and Monkeyman running through the crowd, as well as the movies references ("Shawshank Redemption", "Blazing Saddles", "All the President's Men", etc). I'd like to see it again. As for the fans who can't wait to see what happens with Arnold and Helga, here's a spoiler:

16. zarius

zarius New Member

re: Hey Arnold Movie Discussion [Spoilers]

Thanks for the spoiler, I actually managed to get a pirate copy of the movie last night, and saw the outcome just a few hours ago.

Arnold trying to CONVINCE himself he did'nt happen?

Helga still saying she hates him? My Butt!

Do you know what that spoiler spells out in big bold capitol letters?

DENIAL! DENIAL! DENIAL! DENIAL!

Denial=PROGRESS!

Finally, Arnodl and Helga know the truth, but they can't accept it just yet! Fianlly, the fans can go home happy.

Arnold-Finally the football's been kicked in love's right direction!

==========================

I AM A FAN OF YESTERDAYLAND.COM MEMBER TRIPLE H :wakko:

17. Curt

Curt Brawler

As Sid might put it...

This movie was so wicked-awesome! :D

18. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake! Moderator

First of all, I wanted to see this film in its initial release (same as PPG Movie, but more on that in the proper thread), but when the opening numbers turned up...not good, (for both films, funnily enough), it was all but a forgone conclusion that I'd end up seeing them in a second-run theater...which I did this afternoon.

Now, on to the review.

Sure, it felt like an extended version of an episode, but so what? It was still entertaining. For me, such details like animation and voice acting (both good, BTW) were secondary to the plot. Arnold and Gerald's attempts to save the neighborhood were fairly entertaning, but the film really picked up when they got into the spy game. There were the expected bits of humor, particularly in Grandma's escape(s) from prison and the plan to stop the bulldozers with dynamite (long story). The pop-culture references were pretty hit (Speed) or miss (The Incredible Hulk). A minor quibble: Helga's confession to Arnold. For reasons why I am against the whole prospect of those two ending up together, go here. All told, a great film for fans, a moderately good one for everyone else.

**** (out of 5)