1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The General "Computer Issues" Thread

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Hanshotfirst1138, Mar 11, 2009.

1. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

A program by the name of Virtual Audio Cable should cover this particular need. It isn't a free solution though.

This answer may be a solution (and it is free), but it involves some messing with settings each time you want to do this likely.

2. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

This question is in regards to a key on my laptop's keypad. The letter "s" which I have on my clipboard to paste doesn't function properly. I usually have to hold it down a full second. Sometimes it gives me the one "s" I need, but a lot of times, a second or more appear. Underneath the key is clean and all, no dirt of any sort, but it wont function right.

I believe the warranty has since expired, and I dislike the idea of using an external keyboard.

3. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Anyone knows how to let Norton Internet Security allow to log in to internet accounts? Any help would be great.

4. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Have you tried wiping the rubber part of the key with some alcohol on a q tip? Remove the battery first, don't want a shock.

You mean it won't let you log in at all, or you want to give the program access to your account?

5. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

Not necessarily computer-related, but technical all the same, I have a new region-free Blu-Ray player, it is a fun toy, although I haven't necessarily worked of all of its idiosyncrasies yet, but I have a question as regards Hulu. When I queue up the Hulu steaming, it wants me to sign in through he website, which is fine, but it's all about a Hulu-Plus account. Can I only access the regular Hulu (with the blasted commercials) though their central website, do they not stream that?

6. MDawg

Normal Hulu is website-only. You need Plus if you plan on accessing it anywhere else.

7. Hanshotfirst1138

Figures. What would I look under to see if it could access my iTunes account?

My iPhone no longer opens iTunes when I connect it. Which settings do I have to change?

Also, I have a full CD with joined tracks saved into my iTunes as an audiobook. I have it set to remember the position of it. This works fine when I want to switch to another track and then come back to it, but what's peculiar is that when I sync the iPod Classic with iTunes and then eject it and click on the same audiobook track, it doesn't pick up where I left off. Why not?

#967 Hanshotfirst1138, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013
  8. Hanshotfirst1138

Why will digital copies loaded off of actual discs load onto my iPod Classic, but it won't take the ones loaded into iTunes via Ultraviolet, etc.?

9. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

Because ultraviolet isn't actually a digital copy, it's an internet stream from their servers. AKA a wasted effort.

10. Hanshotfirst1138

I know, but it also had a code to download it to iTunes. It's in my iTunes account, and I can put it on my iPhone, but for some reason, it says the format is different and won't let me put it on my iPod classic.

11. MDawg

12. Hanshotfirst1138

Figures, especially since my classic has the most space. Can't make it a format I can actually use, can you, noooooooo......

Also, Firefox is being annoying again. I've done alt.config, but it's still not doing "I'm Feeling Lucky" search for some reason.

Bought a used movie from FYE, the digital copy has already been redeemed. Not a blasted thing I can do about it, is there? Should've stinking known why it was so cheap.

#972 Hanshotfirst1138, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Ugh, download progress isn't working anymore with Firefox 23.0.1. Anyone having the same problem?

And I was recently used a program to convert a mpeg4 to an mpeg so I can burn it to a DV-R with Windows DVD Maker, and the mpeg version is all messed up. Anyone think of why this is happening?

14. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

I have to use status-4-evar to track my download progress. Then you have to set under the s4e options the specific way you want your downloads to appear.

For the other problem, what program?

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

status-4-evar is an add-on?

Quick Media Converter.

16. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

Yes. I've used it ever since ff4 came out and changed everything around.

For my converting I use either 3gp or handbrake. Handbrake can do a lot and has never let me down, so give it a try. It is free.

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool. I will. Thanks for the advice, defunctzombie.

18. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

I'm trying to install Outlook 2013 and I chose to link it to an online email account but there's one problem.

[​IMG]

What is the "password your Internet service provider has given you"!? It's not the password I use to login because it doesn't work here.

[​IMG]

My internet service provider didn't give me any other password! How do I find out the right password!?

EDIT: Oh wait no! I'm so sorry! Iit ​was​ just the normal password to login and I was typing it wrong...:sweat:

19. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I have an odd situation. Perhaps someone can shed some light on it. Back in May, my computer overheated and crashed. After a day of rest it came back normal except for one thing: Norton is acting kind of funny. All the icons are still there, but whenever I click on them, nothing happens for about 10 minutes, then a little window saying something like "An internal error has occurred" pops up. Does anybody have any theories?

20. Hanshotfirst1138

Apparently, in my father's quest for free antivirus software (none of my doing), he acquired something called Delta Search. What it is, I have no idea, but it's hijacked Firefox and pops open every time I open a new tab, and even uninstalling it doesn't seem to have gotten rid of it. It seems to have locked its tentacles onto IE as well, and "Rapid Gator" seems to be randomly popping open in tabs for no reason I can discern. Any advice?