1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Future Of "Rule The World"

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by The Huntsman, Aug 14, 2010.

1. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I guess the game wasn't meant to be. I wonder if there are any similar types of forum games that we could play, one that involves less demands to be placed on the host. I've never been able to live up to those demands, usually ending my games in a haphazard fashion.

2. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I'm still working on it but frankly it's pretty far on the backburner right now. I'm sure when I start finding the time won't be too bad - I'm the sort of person that can finagle his schedule pretty easily - but if anyone's noticed, my free time has been a premium lately. Summer/late spring remains a possibility, though, so... don't lose hope!

3. Jacob

Jacob Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

You finagler!

4. The Huntsman

I could start a game in the interim, but I'm not the most reliable host. Not sure if players want to commit to a game that has a 50/50 chance of ending badly.

5. JAG

JAG Active Member

^ Go for it, I guess. Just make it something simple, and if it doesn't work out we can treat it as a practice round or something. I'd kind of prefer that, actually. I haven't played this game in almost a year, and I'd like to ease back into it with an easy 'low-stakes' game before doing a more 'serious', complex game like Cold War.

6. Superpan

Superpan Member

Please do. It seems to me like this forum's kind've dead. I'm going to try to bring back Greatest Actor tonight and maybe this can help bring some life back.

That said, may I suggest we just go back to the rules of the first and second games for this one? We've been heading into that direction for awhile and I think that a lot of the stress that we sometimes attach to the game may disappear and it may attract more newbies if we make the rules ultra-simple plus an easier burden on you.

I might also take the opportunity to add that I've recently finished re-reading all the RTWs so that may inform my plea....though even I'm too scared to look back at Rise of the Superhumans. I'll get around to it, but even I'll admit I went a bit out of control on that one.

7. The Huntsman

Very well. I'll put together my old Rule the Caribbean game where players play as pirate captains. No investments to speak of, and a smaller map for a smaller game, but I will come up with a few background bonuses to offer different player strategies. It'll take me a few hours, but I should have the thread up sometime tomorrow. Despite playing as captains, you'll still have "governments". Nothing will be changed in that regard.

8. JAG

JAG Active Member

*starts skipping in circles* "We're gonna be pirates! We're gonna be pirates!"

This should be fun...

9. Superpan

Superpan Member

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

10. The Huntsman

Any update, Johnny? I'm not sure if my horrible, no-good, very bad attempt at a game has quelled the desires of other players, but I'd still like to play your next game whenever it's ready.

11. jph139

jph139 Immortal

At this point it's a matter of timing and dedication - I still, unfortunately, don't have a free hour nightly to give RTW the attention it needs. Soonish - I promise it'll be here at some point before August, at the very, very least, but hopefully not more than a few weeks if that.

12. The Huntsman

If the plan was for the Cold War game, we could always give that oft-discussed "two hosts" a try. I'm horrible at hosting these games, as is evident by my track record, but two people can bear the burden a lot easier than one. We'd just have to figure out how it would work. Of course, it could always be too complicated.

13. Toon Master

Toon Master Active Member

I like Rule the World and I would be happy to be a host. I just need to learn how to operate the game.

14. The Huntsman

Any update? Also, this is the first post in Fun & Games in nearly a month. Ghost town.

Edit: Oh, Johnny's been offline for about a month as well. Hmm...

15. The Huntsman

I don't think Johnny's going to start his game anytime soon. Does anybody else want to host or is this the end of Rule the World?

16. Jacob

Jacob Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

17. JAG

JAG Active Member

I'd still be up for another game if it ever happens. Assuming my internet lets me keep up with it this time, anyway.