1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Future Of "Rule The World"

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by The Huntsman, Aug 14, 2010.

1. VP VP

VP VP Great Ice Dragon

Well I'm going to need some more commitment than that.........I don't like how Superhumans only has three or four definite players. It gets boring easily. I guess I will post sign ups in the near future and see how many people want to play......

2. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I'll be fine with your idea, but the past two games with rookie hosts have not gone well in my opinion. As long as you stick to the core Rule The World mechanics and don't go crazy with the stories, everything should be fine. I also hope that roundly events are handled like they have been in previous Rule The Worlds, as the superhero system of constant roleplay is not something that I think works.

3. VP VP

VP VP Great Ice Dragon

Yeah, the several update a night for the sake of RPG elements is not in the schematics.

4. Jacob

Jacob Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd like to play a game with a traditional map again. Like with a world map or a North America map. Play, though, not host.

5. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

I'll play whatever the next game is, of course.

6. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Yup, I'll be in, rain or shine (because this is in the internet and weather isn't really all that relevant).

7. VP VP

VP VP Great Ice Dragon

Sounds like this is going to go somewhat smoothly. Anyone have an general time frame in which they want to start?

8. The Huntsman

I've been out of the game for months. As soon as possible is what I'd recommend. As you've said, the superhero game had a small number of players, so most people aren't tired of the game and I don't believe a large break is necessary.

9. Superpan

Superpan Member

Just tell me when you're ready to go and I can have an ending typed up lickety-split...provided you and the other players are satisfied of course.

10. The Huntsman

I expected the next game to start by now. Do you have an estimate on when it'll start, VP?

11. VP VP

VP VP Great Ice Dragon

I've been waiting for Superpan to finish.....

12. The Huntsman

You don't have to. It's close enough to the end that you can begin at any time.

13. Superpan

Superpan Member

Yeah, I have two more paragraphs to type up. Start the sign-up whenever you want.

14. VP VP

VP VP Great Ice Dragon

I shall hopefully post it tomorrow then!

15. VP VP

VP VP Great Ice Dragon

As a heads up, I just submitted the game thread, and it is waiting for moderator review now. Let's hope it works!

16. The Huntsman

There is a system in place that prevents users from posting links if they have less than ten posts. You have zero. Each time you update the game, if you post a link, it will have to be approved as well. I'd recommend you go start posting in some other forum sections, but don't spam. Surely you have some opinions on topics. Once you get enough posts to pass the spam check, you can stop.

Posts in this forum section don't count as posts, if you were wondering.

17. VP VP

VP VP Great Ice Dragon

Whoops..... I mostly just read the other forums......This is really the only one I post in....

18. The Huntsman

It would seem that the planned game didn't begin as planned. I'm not sure if it's still going to happen, but I'm tempted to try to start up a game myself, although I know it never ends well when I host.

19. VP VP

VP VP Great Ice Dragon

So a little info: My computer has been having internet problems....again. The next person should probably go, seeing as how I don't want to have month long intermissions. Sorry all!

20. The Huntsman

Man, in just over a month we'll reach the anniversary of Rule New York's start date. It's hard to believe it's been that long, yet unfortunately, that's also the last one that I've played. If you read this, Johnny, do you still plan on hosting the next game? When do you expect your Disney thread to end?