1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The "For Portlanders Only" Update Thread

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris I am a DuMont production.

While we're bumping this topic, I have a suggestion. Instead of having all the videos on one page, how about dividing them into decades, have a seperate page for 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's. That way, the page won't get too long.

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

I've thought about it before, but haven't felt it was long enough to separate just yet. With another update, it should reach that point.

I don't really know when that is because ever since my VCR/DVD dubber machine broke I've lost my motivation to dig through old tapes recently.

3. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

4. Chris

Just wondering if Martianinvader ever got my DVD I sent him. I thought the AM Northwest ad was funny.

5. Chris

It's been since June, and I want more of some stuff from 1981 you might have lying around. :) And if you can't think of a Scary News topic, may I suggest something about Sam Adams?

6. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Given that the 150th anniversary of the State of Oregon is February 14, I'm going to try to get something up next week.

7. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

8. Chris

Yay! I loved "The Joy of Text", along with the other stuff.
    By the way, I tried to send a package to you, but it got back return to sender with "no such number" stamped on it. Did you move or something?

9. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]
    Every building around here that loses its lease becomes a mom-and-pop operation selling food directed at one ethnicity. This happens almost every time. The concept of the melting pot is nice and all, but I'm starting to feel like a minority myself.

10. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

^Wow... considering its been almost a year and a half since I got out of PDX, the thought of Powell's becoming the world's largest "Muchos Gracias" is a bit disturbing.

11. Chris

The reason I wanted Clyde Drexler's Smith's ad up is because I was watching it and I thought he said "Schmidt's." I said "Huh?" and rewound it and listened to it again, and sure enough, it sounded like "Schmidt's" again. I played it to my mom and she agreed it sounded like he was saying "Schmidt's." What do you people think?

12. Chris

There hasn't been an update in a while. I think I've been good and deserve some more old Portland videos, especially stuff from the '70s-early '80s. I love the "Bugs Bunny and Friends" theme song.

13. Chris

This is for Portland-area people only: The high in Salem, Oregon today was 107! Maybe you should put something about this heatwave in the FPO site, I heard you guys up there tied your all time highest low last night.

14. Sparticus

Sparticus Should be drawing right now...

It's 104 in the city itself according to KATU. http://www.katu.com/weather
    Wait, seriously? It's only 21% humidity? I coulda swore it was more than that. >.< Oh well. At least it means epic peaches. :p

15. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

This is insane; it's never been this hot for so long. I'm rather miserable right now. It is 87 degrees in this room. No fooling.

16. Chris

17. Chris

KOIN 6 is going to have a new show at 4pm called "Keep It Local." I'm going to tape an episode in case it comes and goes, like "Faces & Places" or something. Does anyone know if it's going to be one hour or just 1/2 an hour? It starts next Monday.

18. Chris

Am I seeing things, or is that Dave Salesky on KATU? Why did KGW fire him? It makes me wonder if anyone has ever goofed and said their old channel when they were on their new one.

19. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

They fired him because.....they did. No one really knows. In addition, guess where the recently fired Rod Hill is going? KGW.

Local network heads expect the people they let go to be hired by a rival station, so much so that they put a clause into their contracts that says they can't look for work for six months after being fired. 'Cause they know it'll happen, and they want it later rather than sooner.

20. Chris

Any chance of an update to the videos soon? If you don't have anything, I can send you some stuff from the '90s.