1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

The "For Portlanders Only" Update Thread

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, great. I haven't seen many of those in so long. Evening Shade especially; it was popular but didn't have enough episodes for syndication.

2. Chris

Chris I am a DuMont production.

BUMPITY!
    [video=youtube;RP3KtLFBH-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP3KtLFBH-o[/video]

3. Chris

I was looking through old home movies and found this drive through Keizer from 1988. A lot of things have changed. Actually, most of the things have changed. If you like old-time home movies that show people driving down old roads, this is a good one. The only things that remain are the Fred Meyer, the Bi-Mart and Albertson's. And I'm not even sure about the Bi-Mart.
    [video=youtube_share;yZulRVDvqAo]http://youtu.be/yZulRVDvqAo [/video]

4. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

Im currently using firefox and almost all of the videos keep saying "a plugin is needed to display this content". Is this just a problem with my computer or is there an error with the videos?

5. Chris

I'm using Firefox and I can see the videos just fine.

6. Chris

KWVT is now on Comcast channel 318...at least in Salem.

7. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

A new subchannel appeared this weekend.....on either 16 or 47 depending on where you are. "GRIT," full of action movies. It's after two Spanish channels, so I don't know if anyone will find it.

8. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

Does every subchannel out there have to have old movies and TV shows? Not to mention there's so much of them.

The Grit schedule reminds me of the Ion channel schedule a bit. It's odd.

9. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

As opposed to what? You used to have to pay for cable to see all this. Now cable's thrown it away in favor of reality programs. I sure don't want twenty subchannels full of reality shows, even for free. The old stuff, I'll watch.

10. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

I stand corrected then...

11. TheMisterFree

TheMisterFree Member

There's another dignet on the way... Buzzr TV, from FremantleMedia (owners of a crapton of shows, including The Price is Right, Family Feud, American Idol, and much of the Thames TV library), and Debmar-Mercury, a syndication firm owned by Lionsgate (they help co-distribute Family Feud in syndication now alongside 20th TV), set to be launched on Fox O&O stations in the near-future; this article gives more details; I dunno who'll carry it in Portland, maybe KPTV? Or perhaps KOIN?

12. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

KPTV has no subchannels at all right now, so there's definitely room. Getting vintage reruns of Price is Right would be great....problem is, Bob Barker's marked a large section of the library as forbidden. Any episode that gave away a fur, for example. Then there's a model that he hates so he banned any episode she appeared in which is a timespan covering decades. We'll see what we get.

13. TheMisterFree

TheMisterFree Member

Yeah, but not just that. All sorts of game shows they could use include Press Your Luck, Password, Match Game, To Tell the Truth, Tattletales, Card Sharks, Let's Make a Deal, Sale of the Century- hell, they could easily use the game shows from the Thames and Reg Grundy libraries- ie, the UK versions of Name that Tune and Supermarket Sweep, some of Grundy's Australian adaptations, Grundy's Scrabble series- yeah, Fremantle owns a lot of game shows.

14. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

15. TheMisterFree

TheMisterFree Member

Thanks to my contacts over at TVNewsTalk, KPTV and KPDX will start carrying diginets; KPTV will have NBC's CoziTV (which evolved out of their "Nonstop" diginet for their O&Os), and a comedy network called Laff; KPDX will carry Escape, which carries movies aimed at women. They are part of a larger deal that Meredith, the owners of the duopoly, have cut with NBC and Katz Broadcasting, here are the reports: http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/83934/cozi-tv-diginet-adds-eight-stations, Meredith To Carry Grit, Escape, LAFF Networks | Broadcasting & Cable If Buzzr gets to Portland, then it'll probably be on PDX, or another station.

16. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Good detective work. Cozi was the one remaining diginet Portland didn't have yet, and I guess it's getting these new ones from launch day. Once these show up, every local station will have at least one diginet.

17. TheMisterFree

TheMisterFree Member

Yeah, I'm a regular poster over at TVNewsTalk.net, which has threads about the broadcast nets, cable nets, local stations, etc. as well as things like the crapton of diginets we've gotten lately. Hence, alongside regular Wikipedia cruising, I know a lot about the Portland media market; when I first saw the thread about Meredith's new deals, I immediately knew to report here as well. Consider me your "Portland Media-National Media Relations Correspondent".

18. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Cozi-TV started officially airing in Portland today. Channel 12.2.

19. TheMisterFree

TheMisterFree Member

I just informed TVNT though the shoutbox. Not sure if any of the other Meredith stations have started diginet broadcasting yet. If they have, it's been lowkey. Also, why are you moving, Peter?

20. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

It's kind of rude to keep asking me this when I clearly don't want to share why.