1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Flash tv show...

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by DR.MID-NITE, May 11, 2001.

1. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

I have all the episodes of this show. About 6 of them are direct copies of the originals from Pet Fly Productions. But, I would love for this show to come to dvd. It was cancelled way to early. Even the president of CBS said by him moving the show around, killed it.

2. killercroc

killercroc Active Member

Was it really that good? My memory of it is slim, but I don't remember it being very good. The suit had fake muscles, and the FX on his super speed wasn't very good. But hey, I guess it could have been a good story, I was to young to notice.

3. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

Some of the stories were a little lame. But, the stories with The Trickster were awesome. Mark Hamill played the Trickster and played him much like the Joker.

#3 DR.MID-NITE, May 11, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2001
  4. Nass

Nass Newsman Nass

heck yeah!

Flash was my first DC hero basically! Its what got me into comics, besides the few Batman and Superman comics my parents had gotten for me since I was a baby. My dad always had me watch his tapes of the Adam West Batman and Green Hornet shows he grew up with, and my mom liked to see my watching George Reeves Superman on Nick at Nite as soon as Green Acres was over. Ah. But alas, it was Flash that became the DC show of my generation......at least until Lois and Clark came along, I don't care how much the later seasons blew, I loved the first episodes, and that story where they tried to get Clark to come to new Kryton, with him in the Black suit. I thought it was the Return of Superman story from the comics on the previews....whoops, off topic of Flash. Anyway, Flash was classic. Every show has some lame episodes, but I think Flash for the most part did good. Did you know that blind black guy from Becker was Barry Allen's assistant in the lab on the show? And he could see! So he's not blind! Just thought Id throw that out there.......:D

5. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I support EVERYTHING coming out on DVD, of course, but I would have to pass on this one. I caught a few episodes on Sci Fi a while back and did not care for the show at all. I don't know what it was, it was a good effort, but that was about all. If it's on and I am in the mood, I will watch it, but to have it on a collectible format for repeated viewings, I'd have to say no. Of course, I am sure there are several TV shows I want on DVD that other people feel the same way about!

6. kid_flash

kid_flash Speedy Teen

The Flash TV show

Well, I never got the chance to catch the TV show, but if it was like the movie, than I have one complaint: Barry Allen. In the movie, the character is WAY OFF of the original Barry character. He's more of a Wally West in his jerk days. And he's WAY too slow! Did you see how long it took him to get to the beach in the movie?

Still, I'd want 'em on DVD. Just 'cause, I dunno, it'd look cool.

7. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

For anyone whos seen the Flash tv show did you notice in the Superman episode "Speed Demons" that the music they played when Flash was around was really simular to the Theme music from the live action show.

8. Christo

Christo Member

Loved the show. It died far too soon. I'd buy the whole season on DVD in a heartbeat.

9. The Flash

The Flash Fastest Man Alive

I never saw it (yeah........DONT ASK!!!!! I did see the movie however....:D ) but if they come out on DVD I'm gunna be saving up!! [​IMG]

10. Replikon Xum

Replikon Xum Member

Flash Music

Actually, it's the same music. Shirley Walker did the score for The Flash show (from Danny Elfman's theme -- just like she later did with BTAS). The Flash's speed sound effects in "Speed Demons" (which actually "whiz" while Superman's "whoosh") are also the same ones used for the Pet Fly show.

I would love to have the old Flash episodes again on DVD. My original PAL tapes got destroyed by tropical humidity.

Xum

("Hey look! I'm back on the boards.")