1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Flash gets another live action series

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by ShadowGUN, Jul 30, 2013.

1. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I just hope I don't have to slug through another season of a Superhero show where they keep shying away from using the hero's actual name. I don't want another "Red-Blue Blur" or "The Hood."

Just to add to this, Barry/The Flash is also going to be appearing late into season 2 of Arrow with his origin story. Which is odd considering the show's aversion to superpowers and the mantra of not using any main members of the Justice League.

In any case, I'm excited Flash is getting his own show.

3. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

YES!! Arrow is pretty good, but this has me super hyped for the next season! And not only just that, but his own series, and his own movie? Possibly in the same universe? Needless to say, I just fangasmed!

4. Lord Mawdryn

Lord Mawdryn Board Bad Boy

I can imagine that there are Wonder Woman fans who are a bit miffed that this has leap-frogged over the proposed WW series there.
    :sweat:

5. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I'm very excited. Though right off the bat the two biggest stumbling blocks I'm envisioning are the costumes. With Arrow, it's easy enough to do a satisfying take on his suit since it's just a hoodie. With the Flash this might be more difficult.

6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't see much of a problem with the costume. Man of Steel's Superman suit is basically the New 52 outfit, so I'm guessing they'll go with the same aesthetic for Flash.

7. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

This will be tricky to place in the same universe as Arrow. Arrow works because of its verisimilitude, adding super powers, and a character as colourful and fantastical as The Flash could be too big a leap.

Why make it in continuity? Would a separate world, more fitting of The Flash and his rouges not work better?

This is of course, assuming it doesn't become yet another live action DC show that was canned for being well... stupid.

8. RoryWilliams

Well obviously so they can use Arrow's success as a backdoor pilot. Which normally wouldn't be a bad idea, except in this case the concepts are just too different tonally. But we'll see how they handle this.

9. kid rabbit

kid rabbit Active Member

please don't make it too batmany like the one in the 90's make the flash

10. BlackoutCreature

BlackoutCreature Well-Known Member

If this means the return of Tina McGee then I'm all for it.

11. RoryWilliams

12. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't watch Arrow, but I will admit to being curious about this whole Flash thing.

13. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

This is pretty much WB's Trojan horse on the television front. I'm looking at the end game and they are at least trying to get modern audiences to be familiar with their heroes. This and the push for DCUniverse online and releasing the rest of Super Friends has been a steady push.

I think this obviously kills a solo film though after JL. Which means we might be back to the Superman Batman and JL rotation like we had in the dtv's.