1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Flash (2014 TV Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Feb 28, 2014.

1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Yeah, got a problem with the actor for Garrick, as he is just a little too young for me. The question is, they going back in time to see him or is this present day. My money is on time-travel to Garrick's time period. Though I figured they must have an explanation for where he is. Maybe he got stuck in a time loop, which is fine plot wise, but I would not enjoy that we got a bunch of CW 20-30-something's playing dress up. So much for realism.

Hmmm, Vibe is on his way.

2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

It's funny because I really thought Eddie was going to end up being Zoom.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Same here, but we're still not sure exactly who or what Zoom is. There's that silver/blue streak in the teaser, which could be him, but the line from Cavanaugh seem to imply that Zoom is someone Barry already knows ("I'm not the one you hate") in the future and Jay's line implies that Zoom's someone Speedsters in other dimensions are aware of. Maybe some Multiversal threat to all Flashes?

The most concrete information we have is that he's more dangerous than the Reverse-Flash and faster than Flash, which is pretty vague, which means Barry's still not the Fastest Man Alive yet :p.

There's still that scene of Eddie's body getting sucked into the wormhole at the end of season one. Maybe that transformed him into Zoom and some modified version of Hunter Zolomon o_O?

They're also pretty mum on exactly how Tom Cavanaugh comes back and what his role is...judging by the lines in the teaser, it sounds like Thawne somehow comes back :eek:.

5. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, better than just hastily and clumsily revealing it to her as he's often done :rolleyes:.

7. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I kinda like the idea. That is one of the paramount cliches in comicbook fiction that the films have been destroying. Yeah, realism it is, but it is fun to see how they play with it. Curious how Clark is going to deny being Superman in BvS. Maybe it was a hypnotic kiss. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It would help if Barry wasn't so terrible about keeping his secret identity in most circumstances. He's really pretty bad about it, and in the end Barr'y inability to keep his secret identity is partially why the timeline on Flash got so messed up. Good going Barry :rolleyes:.

Though Lois already knows, so evidentially the movies are actually going with the idea that no one else can tell Clark Kent is Superman when he wears glasses and styles his hair differently :p.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I'm not happy with how they've handled Barry's love interests period I mean people on this site get mad at Regular Show but Flash is an even worse at it.

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Aside from the Wally-issue and it being destined to fail, I thought Linda was fun...though now that Wally is actually showing up, I wonder if that means she'll be coming back too?

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

12. Magmaster12

Interesting since another atom related hero was mentioned as one of the people that was mentioned to have died during the particle accelerator explosion.

13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  14. RoryWilliams

15. Magmaster12

Isn't the point of Kid Flash that he's a kid?

16. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

You'd think. He's less than 2 years younger than Grant Gustin.

17. RoryWilliams

You do know they almost never cast teenagers as teen characters, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes! Wally!!! Awesome to finally have him cast and can't wait to see him on the show :D.

They were obviously going to race-change him considering the Wests, so no surprise there, but the fact that they cast someone who "embodied the heart and courage of a hero" means he's likely going to be more like the original Wally than New 52 Wally :).

As far as his codename, I don't expect they'll go with Kid Flash (though I could see them using it as a joke like they did for Roy with Speedy), but maybe Impulse if they don't intend to use Bart? Also curious how they might do his costume if/when he gets one :cool:.

Also, on the age thing, I'm expecting he'll probably be around Roy's age, so probably out of high school and at college age while still being younger Barry. And also likely old enough to date Linda ;).

19. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

I am pretty sure that Wally West is from the multiverse. Joe never mention having another kid besides Iris so this Wally West can't be Iris nephew or Joe's grandson. He not related to them. That would explain why he is as old as Barry.

Also first look at Jay Garrick.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #119 ShadowGUN, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, we don't know a lot about Joe and Iris' background that's not related to Barry, so there could be some wiggle room for putting Wally in there. We still don't know what's going on with Iris's mom, for instance :eek:.

Oh wow, what an awesome homage to the classic "Flash of Two Worlds" cover :D.

And Jay looks great and comic-accurate which, while I was expecting since Jay's look is pretty simple, is really nice to see :cool:.