1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Flash (2014 TV Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Feb 28, 2014.

1. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

With the recent addition of The Atom in Arrow, and now Firestorm in The Flash, would anyone be interested in a THIRD CW DCU show but in a more "anthology" like format that showcases different characters/heroes (who already have appeared/were mentioned in both shows or introduced specifically for this format show)? I'd watch a CW Atom and/or Firestorm TV show, but I don't think they could hold their own for a lasting solo show.

2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A DC Showcase or a Brave and the Bold live-action series used to introduce more heroes and villains while expanding the TV DCU would be pretty cool, but I'm not sure if the CW would have the budget to pull it off. Though If Flash ends up being successful alongside Arrow season 3, that always opens up the opportunity for more DC shows down the line :).

I do find it ironic that we're getting a, relatively, successful DC live-action universe without flagship characters like Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman :sweat:.

3. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

I was also thinking that in such a show, Black Canary and Huntress could be featured picking up where they left off incase of a predictable "origin" story episodes for characters that would make their debut on this hypothetical show. Then I realized, what if the next third CW DCU show will be Birds Of Prey (again)?

I figured a show like this would also be a good way to not oversaturate the CW with DCU programing with possibly THREE series' devoted to ONE specific character/franchise each. I'm also thinking that if this hypothetical show existed, Arrow and The Flash can focus more specifically on those characters/mythos instead and a little less on the shared DCU.

4. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Some decisions made for this show got me wondering a bit about "why they don't go for a more comic accurate route in this day and age?". in the 5 minutes trailer for the pilot we see the costume and hear the one who made it present it to Barry, my only answer to that is a guess that this costume is easier on the budget than the ring costume

As someone who got the chance to watch the pilot, it's good, it's fun, seems like a show I can follow and really enjoy, regardless of how little attention I pay Arrow

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Some recent character news for the Flash, this time with some villains:

'The Flash' to Introduce DC Villain Plastique - Spinoff Online - TV, Film, and Entertainment News DailySpinoff Online – TV, Film, and Entertainment News Daily

Plastique will be showing up and, unlike Shrapnel, will actually have her powers from the comics :sweat:.

'The Flash' casts 'Prison Break' star as Captain Cold | Inside TV | EW.com

Wentworth Miller (Prison Break) will be playing Leonard Snart A.K.A. Captain Cold. He'll be showing up in the fourth episode which will feature his origin as well as the beginning of the Rogues and he's likely going to end up as a recurring character.

It also looks like the producers have plans for Gorilla Grodd and Firestorm :).

It'll be interesting to see how the Rogues end up looking and if they'll get their own costumes. Flash is setting up to be a more traditional superhero show than Arrow, or at least compared to season one of Arrow, so I wonder if that means we'll get more Supervillains wearing more comic-accurate suits rather than street clothes? After all, It wouldn't be Captain Cold without the parka and visor ;).

6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope the rogues do have recognizable looks even they if don't go full spandex. Costumes that are colorful while utilitarian.

7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

TV Guide had a preview comic showing the Rogues. They were mostly in shadow and looked like they were wearing civilian clothes, but it looks like at the very least Captain Cold still has a parka.

EDIT

[​IMG]

The guy in green is probably the Top.

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Either that or a Hoodie, though maybe the Rogues will each get more comic-accurate suits when they debut as Supervillains?

It looks like the Rogues are, as always, a group of criminals who just so happened to all get powers from the Particle Accelerator incident. And it seems like Flash nabbing Mardon is what sets off the enmity between him and the group which will likely increase as he starts coming to blows with each of them.

It looks like there are mirrors covered up around the room, hinting at Mirror Master, so it looks like we have Captain Cold, maybe the Top, Mirror Master, and potentially Clyde as Weather Wizard. That just leaves two more unknowns in the group.

9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

New Speed Trap trailer for The Flash:

[video=youtube;BXC4dof1e9g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXC4dof1e9g[/video]

Lots of easter eggs in this one :D.

10. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

That was COOL!!!
    Love the RAY PALMER billbroad.

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

13. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Clancy Brown will voice Wade Eiling in Episode #5. This is an interesting turn of events. With so many characters from previous continuities showing up so early I wonder how the staging of these entrances will be handled in a natural manner?

14. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope it's Clancy if they ever have Eiling in person as well.

15. gmster

gmster Active Member

He's not a voice. He's appearing in person.

16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The report does only say he's voicing him, but is there another site reporting he'll be playing him in person?

Still, Clancy Brown as General Eiling is pretty awesome. Now we have two Superman:TAS alumni voicing DC comics generals in live-action ;).

I wonder if his appearance is a sign of plans for Captain Atom? We already have Flash, and there seem to be definite plans for Ronnie becoming Firestorm, so a Captain Atom appearance isn't so far-fetched :).

17. gmster

gmster Active Member

'The Flash': Clancy Brown, Wade Eiling/The General, Joins 'Arrow' Spinoff - Hollywood Reporter

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

19. Jean74

Jean74 Ready for Autumn

Clancy Brown is a great actor. Really makes things interesting!

20. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not too familiar with Girder, and I'm not sure if I've read any books he was in.