"The Flash (2014 TV Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by James Harvey, Feb 28, 2014.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

The CW has released the following teaser image for the upcoming The Flash pilot.

[​IMG]
    Click on the image for a closer look!

The Arrow spin-off stars Grant Gustin as scientist Barry Allen who, after a freak accident, is given the power of super speed that transforms him into the Fastest Man Alive.

The was designed by three-time Oscar winner Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costume for Arrow. Executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter, the pilot follows scientist Barry Allen and his burgeoning superhero alter-ego The Flash.

Nutter is directing from a script by Berlanti & Kreisberg & DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns.

If successful, The Flash pilot could be picked up as a new series for the 2014 television season.

2. Sarada

Sarada Reporter

Wow, it's modern coloring and lighting meets an older design look. It'll be interesting to see how this plays on screen.

3. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator

Can't wait to see the full costume, but it certainly looks good so far.

4. Frontier

Frontier Active Member

The Flash :D!

I like the mask, especially how it works in the lightning bolts on the ears, and I really can't wait to see the full costume. My biggest fears is that it will look more like "The Blur" from Smallville than what I'd expect from a Flash suit, but I'll remain optimistic for when we see a full picture of it :).

5. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

I'm happy to see them going with an actual costume and not just a T-shirt and jeans. Flash is a pretty flamboyant look, but the mask at least seems like a good modern translation of the classic suit.

6. Dragnatek

Dragnatek New Member

I'm glad they stick to their guns when they said that Flash was getting his traditional costume. it would have been too easy to go the Smallville approach. Given Barry's character so far it actually makes sense that he would go for this type of costume. He's kind of a geek in this universe.

7. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men

Love it so far. You can definitely tell it was made by the same costume designer who worked on the Arrow costumes. It's all very cohesive. Can't wait to see the rest of the suit.

8. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Game-playing dog lover

Instead of Wally West, it's gonna be Barry Allen? Huh. :)

9. darkdetective

darkdetective Reporter

I'm sure Wally will show up at some point. It didn't take long for Roy to show up in Arrow.

10. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

It looks awful. Grim dark colors are a drag. And the chinstrap looks awkward and corny.

11. The Penguin

The Penguin Regiver

When I first saw the image I was very pleased. After falling away last season, I made sure to watch Arrow this season because I wanted to see Grant Gustin as Barry Allen and become The Flash. This is a good sign. :D

12. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

The chin strap looks fine. Honestly, cowls rarely work in real life outside of drawings and cartoons, so the strap is sort of needed. that's why Captain America has one too.

13. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

Nice. Can't wait for the full costume.

14. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

The shared live action DC universe has a promising future, on television ONLY! (in response to post below, that was once above this post. Although, that comment can be applied to when Barry first appeared on that Arrow episode. That comment can even be applied to a handful of Arrow moments before Barry first appeared).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
  15. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

The CW has released a new image for the upcoming The Flash pilot which provides a closer look at the entire costume for the Scarlet Speedster.

[​IMG]
    Click on the image for a closer look!

The Arrow spin-off stars Grant Gustin as scientist Barry Allen who, after a freak accident, is given the power of super speed that transforms him into the Fastest Man Alive.

The was designed by three-time Oscar winner Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costume for Arrow. Executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter, the pilot follows scientist Barry Allen and his burgeoning superhero alter-ego The Flash.

Nutter is directing from a script by Berlanti & Kreisberg & DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns.

If successful, The Flash pilot could be picked up as a new series for the 2014 television season.

16. Frontier

Frontier Active Member

It's certainly not as bad as it could have been, and I can see it growing on me. Honestly though, I'll have to actually see it in motion before I really make a judgement on the suit.

If I have any complaints, it's that I think the suit could use just a little more yellow :shrug:.

Still, I respect and appreciate that the crew for Flash went for a full-on costume :).

17. purplehairedwonder

purplehairedwonder No woman should suffer at the hands of men

Love, love, love it. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

18. accookies

accookies New Member

I definitely need to see it in motion but right now it looks fine

19. Sarada

Sarada Reporter

She's a bit smoother than I was expecting, but I like it. I just hope the inevitable CG shots look great.

20. Frontier

Frontier Active Member

A better look at the suit:

[​IMG]