1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Flash (2014)" Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 4, 2016.

1. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

To me, it's just meh. More or less a sequel to last year's trip to the speed force for Barry.

Looks like Wally gets home just in time for Jesse to say good-bye for now. Meh again.

The musical episode next week looks like it should've been something for last month, since the sweeps are in February, not March. Whatever.

2. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

To me, I'm seeing Captain's Cold death as a temporary one to allow Wentworth Miller some time to work on the Prison Break limited series, with some event happening that will bring him back as an Arrowverse regular (instead of a recurring guest star) either at the end of the 2016-2017 season or the start of the 2017-2018 season.

3. hobbyfan

Isn't Prison Break already done filming?

4. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Ladies and gentlemen, this dimension has been so much fun. I've had a blast! But I've got to go chase down the Fastest Man Alive. Toodles! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Duet"
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    Barry and team are surprised when Mon-El and Hank Henshaw arrive on their Earth carrying a comatose Supergirl who was whammied by the Music Meister.

5. hobbyfan

The Music Meister made his 1st appearance, as some of you probably know, on Batman: The Brave & The Bold. Then, he was looking for world domination, and wasn't above forcing his own allies to sing. I'm told it was one of the more popular episodes in the series.

Unfortunately, co-author Michael Jelenic's stock at this desk dropped when he proved he can't write comedy (i.e. Teen Titans Go!, of course).

So what happens? As embodied by Darren Criss, Music Meister is little more than a god-like Mxyzptlk wanna-be, a month after Mxy himself showed up on Supergirl.

There is a CD, but available digitally only? Seriously? I want this for my CD collection, doggone it! There's some radio ready singles here, including Grant Gustin's show-ending "Running Home To You".

6. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

FUN, FUN, FUN!

I am a big Andy Williams fan, he sang the ultimate version of "Moon River".
    Melissa/Kara does a nice job singing that song.
    Rousing sing and dance number at the club.
    Good team work with Martian Manhunter, Kid Flash, and Vibe.

7. hobbyfan

I think that's the first time I've ever heard "Moon River" from start to finish. There's not been a duet version of "Put a Little Love in Your Heart" since "Scrooged" (Annie Lennox & Al Green) nearly 30 years ago, up until this show, that I knew of.

8. disneyphilip

disneyphilip Member

Jelenic CAN write comedy!

9. hobbyfan

Oh? Besides Teen Titans Go!?

10. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Jelenic and James Tucker on Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders.

11. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

Since it appears very easy to do, and now do it on a recurring basis, why doesn't team Flash just get Supergirl and Superman to help stop Savitar killing Iris?

12. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

You have no idea how many solutions to this plot I have already come up with this one actually helped me come up with another one.

Use Wells' face changing tech.
    Get alternate world Iris
    Have Martian Manhunter pose as Iris.

13. hobbyfan

Haven't seen that one yet.

14. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Say the magic word! Right now on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Abra Kadabra"
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    The Flash battles Abra Kadabra, a villain from Earth-19, who makes him a tempting offer – release him and Abra Kadara will reveal Savitar’s true identity.

15. hobbyfan

Bait & switch. Like, did you really think Kadabra would give up Savitar's ID? Of course not. Instead, we end with Caitlin morphing into Killer Frost after all. Real swift, guys.

Three week vacation, leaving at least 4-5 episodes to the finish line, same as Supergirl. At least this will be resolved smartly, unlike a certain show that finishes its season next week.

16. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

Maybe Julian Albert could adapt the MR. ELEMENT id and go on a crime spree with Killer Frost. :p
    Nice seeing STAGG INDUSTRIES again.

17. hobbyfan

Stagg hasn't been seen since season 1. Hmmm. Maybe the Arrowverse will actually, finally get Metamorpho, even though Simon Stagg was killed in season 1?

18. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Given what Kadabra mentioned near the end, could we finally be getting a major bad guy in season 4 that is NOT a speedster (aka The Thinker)?

19. hobbyfan

Thinker is closely associated with Jay Garrick's era as Flash. The classic Rogues have appeared, but not as a full-on group. With Caitlin having now transitioned to Killer Frost (traditionally a Firestorm enemy), maybe it'll be her.

20. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

The thing here is that when Kadabra is mentioning the various villains that Flash has faced, one name that is mentioned with Thawne and Zoom is Devoe, the last name of The Thinker's civilian name.

As for the Jay Garrick situation, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a villain that initially causes trouble in Earth-3 before becoming a much bigger threat in Earth-1.