"The Flash (2014)" Season Four Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 10, 2017.

1. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Ah, yas, I remember that well. Becky comes across as too much of a ditz here, as opposed to her original characterization.

Ok, so Wally's bailing for a few weeks. I say that because I expect him to return for the 4-way crossover.

I think the idiots writing this show merged Thinker with Metron for no other reason than to try to make him look like a legitimate threat. The headgear and what looks like a Mobius chair say Metron, alright, but IIRC, the original concept for the Thinker was that he was a little more generic, non-descript, hence the change in appearance.

2. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Happy Halloween! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Elongated Journey Into Night"
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    Cisco is shocked when Gypsy’s father, Breacher, shows up on Earth-1.

3. hobbyfan

Breacher (Danny Trejo) doesn't move the meter all that much. Just a standard Trejo character. Meh.

Co-writer Sterling Gates has been with DC for a few years, but I'm not sure if this is his first go doing TV. What does he do? He reboots the Elongated Man, Ralph Dibny, as an ex-cop-turned-PI who wasn't exactly the most honest of cops. Instead of gingold, he gets his powers the same way Hazard & Kil%ore did, via dark matter. Save for the part about being an ex-cop, Dibny comes off as even more of a Plastic Man rip-off. For a fanboy, which Gates is, he doesn't exactly get it right. Translated, since he works for DC, he should've known better.

As it happens, Mayor Bellows isn't exactly a saint, either. Just what we don't need. Corrupt cops in Central City.

And that reminds me. Anyone expecting Peyton List to return as Lisa "Golden Glider" Snart will wait longer, as the idiot producers of Gotham have poached her to be the new Poison Ivy. The idea being that Ivy is, ah, evolving.

This just in. I guess they're going to make Ralph their Plastic Man. Forget Eel O'Brien. At least for now. Not a good idea.

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Didn’t they scoff at the idea of being called Plastic Man?
    It’s hard to tell which way they’ll go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Caitlin better not get the hots for Ralph, she really needs to learn to not fall in love with every guy that joins Star Labs.

Ralph could have been worse I like the idea of him and Barry being childhood friends that I came up with my story pitch.

6. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Seriously? Is there anything the producers of Gotham will not ruin?

The Flash "Elongated Journey Into The Night"

I love that Ralph Dibney thinks Plastic Man is a dumb name.

The sneeze and bullet booger were hilarious, as was the precise moment Joe told Barry his girlfriend was pregnant.

Sort of pointless to show cigars if the censors won't let you show them smoking them.

I gotta say, I'm a little surprised at how much I hate Breach. Danny Trejo is NOT an annoying actor. At all. But I was more annoyed by Breach than anyone else he has ever played. Including Enrique on King Of The Hill.

Dude's name is Josh. How big of a badass can he actually be?

Can't believe this is the first time Cisco has learned Gypsy's name. What's so embarrassing about Cynthia anyways?

I didn't realize Thinker had been set up last season.

Speaking of things being set-up, I thought they said in season 1 that Ralph Dibney died in the Particle accelerator breach. That's what's known as a retcon, correct?

"You're the Flash?! I LIKED the Flash! Now I have to HATE the Flash!"

Not sure how smart it was for Barry to reveal his identity to a guy known for blackmail. Just saying.

Not as fun as the last couple of weeks, but still fun. ***1/2.

7. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

They gave Ralph a completely different backstory then the one he had back in the Silver Age.
    Wish Barry wasn't so quick to reveal his ID to people.
    Flash running up Ralph's arm to the helicopter was neat.
    But how was Ralph able to hold the helicopter in place?

I didn't find the Vibe, Gypsy, and Breacher plot all that interesting.
    It seems Breacher is from the comic books.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/31/the-flash-season-4-episode-4-who-is-breacher/#1

• Like Like x 1
    #27 Road to Gotham, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  8. hobbyfan

And a recent creation, too. This confirms that the Gypsy they're using isn't the same one from the Detroit JLA era. Then again, Vibe was rebooted, too (brother of the original).

Ok, so, in a sense, you have Vibe, Gypsy, and the Elongated Man on Flash. J'onn's over on Supergirl. All that's needed now is Aquaman and Zatanna, and you'd have the Detroit League fully rep'd.

9. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Once Devoe's name was dropped in the Abra Cadabra episode, many Flash viewers had a feeling that The Thinker was going to be this season's Big Bad.

10. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Oh, yes, it's Ladies' Night ! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "Girls Night Out"
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    Having received an ominous threat from her old boss, Amunet, Caitlin fears that her past time as Killer Frost may be back to haunt her.

11. Magmaster12

Iris has now gone full 100% Mary-Sue mode now when Felicity Smoak seems like more of a character than you, you have a serious problem.

12. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

The Flash “Girls Night Out”

Uneventful episode.

Was the Weeper the same character from Batman: The Brave and the Bold? Because I can’t imagine they’d give a character that specifically weird name unless, like “Joker: The Vile And The Villainous”, the character had a actual comic book history.

Barry is great drunk. “I’m the Flaaaash! WHOOOO!!!”

Felicity wants that guy’s pants off not his eye! Funny.

All right, but nothing special. **1/2.

13. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

Katee Sackoff makes her debut as Amunet Black aka Blacksmith. Bit of a weird accent.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Amunet_Black_(New_Earth)

Seems this is the 1st time we don't see Barry suit as Flash.
    Showdown scene with Killer Frost and Blacksmith seem slow to me. Like it needed more energy from the actresses.

14. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

...and we get our first episode of the season that, outside of the ending, basically exists for the sole purpose of filling out the 23 episode order. :mad:

15. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Seriously, why did she try to get in the middle of a fight between a meta and a powerful drug lord, exposing herself like that? And in the end, the bad guy got away, and the Weeper ran off and got captured.

This was a pretty dumb episode, but drunk Flash was funny.

16. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

And now the Thinker is reminding even more of Metron, making me wonder if Devoe is just a cover identity. Might Flash be the first live-action series to feature Darkseid?

I saw a preview of Ralph's new costume; I hope it doesn't take long to give it a little pizzazz. I also don't envision Ralph maintaining a secret identity for long--but maybe I'm being influenced too heavily by his comic-book appearances.

#36 Otaku-sempai, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  17. hobbyfan

No, I don't think Devoe/Thinker is a human alter-ego for Metron. The writers merged the two together in a way, putting Metron's headgear and Mobius chair in Devoe's hands. Looks lame, to tell you the truth.

18. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

New Flash! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

[​IMG]
    "When Harry Met Harry..."
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
    When collectors of Native American artifacts are attacked by a meta named Mina Chayton who can bring inanimate objects to life, Barry turns to a surprising ally for help.

19. hobbyfan

Black Bison was originally a male Native American who was introduced in Fury of Firestorm back in 1982. Yep, this is another Firestorm enemy given to The Flash, after Killer Frost & Multiplex. Anyway, the original Black Bison was possessed by the vengeful spirit of his grandfather, who'd been murdered. Separated from said spirit, this Bison would actually be a hero.

And, so, we have Mina Chayton, a new character created apparently for this show and the overarching Thinker storyline, as Black Bison. I guess in some small way they want as much eye candy as possible.

The Council of Wells?!? Seriously, this reeks of a Doctor Who parody, and that franchise has never needed an American interpretation. They'd better nominate Tom Cavanagh for an Emmy after this.

The initial segment with Barry & Ralph was comedy gold, but let's also remember that Ralph would ultimately ditch the mask, and go public with his powers. I think we'll see that happen here.

20. Magmaster12

This show is hiring writers from Nickelodeon now, suddenly this all makes sense.