1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The Fabulous Harp Twins Thread

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by GWOtaku, Sep 27, 2013.

1. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

There was a time I'd never have thought I'd be obsessing over harp music. Then I discovered professional musicians Camille and Kennerly Kitt - the "Harp Twins". In addition to performing harp music all over the place they have a tremendous presence on Youtube, reprising all sorts of music for this instrument. Rock, metal, theme songs from TV shows and video games, it doesn't matter, they do a beautiful and captivating job. Plenty can be learned about them on their official website.

Their music can be found on iTunes and Amazon. In addition to the totally sweet music, what's cool about their youtube videos is that they pick out beautiful and suitable locales and have dressed up in all sorts of outfits to fit the mood and / or theme of the song. The production quality is top-notch and frankly, these women are gorgeous, so the videos are a feast for both the eyes and ears on all counts. On top of all that, the videos feature one audio take and the costumes, editing and so forth are all things they do themselves. They're awesome.

So yeah, I'm just going to start cataloging their work in this thread. Every 2 -4 weeks they've been adding videos, so there's quite a collection as you can see below. I'd check it all out, but if I had to recommend songs to start with I'd have to put Scarborough Fair, Ballad of the Goddess, Silent Night and O Holy Night at the top of the list.

The below link list is arranged by the chronological order of their uploads. Song titles come first, followed by the artist or band where applicable.

Disturbia - Rihanna
    Ghost Riders In The Sky - Johnny Cash
    Our Father, The Lord's Prayer
    It Is You I have Loved - Shrek
    Don't Stop Believing - Journey
    Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
    Only Time- Enya
    It's My Life - Bon Jovi
    Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
    Santa Baby
    Phantom of the Opera: All I Ask Of You
    All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
    Dream On - Aerosmith
    Hold It Against Me - Britney Spears
    Judas - Lady Gaga
    Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns & Roses
    Mine - Taylor Swift
    With Or Without You - U2
    O Holy Night
    Clocks - Coldplay
    Zombie - The Cranberries
    Ballad of the Goddess - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Asleep - The Smiths
    Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
    Game of Thrones Theme
    Highway to Hell - AC/DC
    Misty Mountains Cold - The Hobbit
    Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
    Skyrim / Morrowind Medley - The Elder Scrolls Game Series
    Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
    Final Fantasy Medley
    Silent Night
    Greensleeves (AKA "What Child Is This?")
    Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones
    The Walking Dead Theme
    Fear of the Dark - Iron Maiden
    Doctor Who Theme
    The Ruins of Castamere - Game of Thrones
    Star Trek Theme
    Scarborough Fair
    Send Me An Angel - Scorpions
    Saint Seiya Medley
    Smoke On the Water - Deep Purple
    Mario Medley
    Amazing Grace
    Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics/Marilyn Manson
    Lord of the Rings Medley

I'll kick off the video embedding with that latest upload at the time of this post (Mario Medley), here we go!

[video=youtube_share;R3ArwmAJLq0]http://youtu.be/R3ArwmAJLq0[/video]

2. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

The twins take to a field and play "Amazing Grace". This is one song where the instrument really suits it.

[video=youtube_share;hJCXXqwXODw]http://youtu.be/hJCXXqwXODw[/video]

3. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Posted five days ago on 10/23: "Sweet Dreams" from Eurythmics/Marilyn Manson. They've told one commenter "We will continue to cross styles, genres, decades. Our next video will be our most ambitious yet. ;) ;)". The forest location with the stone structure is nice.....I'd love to know how the heck they scout out these places.

[video=youtube;0dd8xfSwJpQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dd8xfSwJpQ[/video]

4. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Damn, they weren't kidding about the ambition of their next video. This is by far their best Medley, drawing on the score from Peter Jackson's film adaptation of The Lord of the Rings. They even went to the trouble of changing costumes and locales for each track. There's over five minutes of this. Wow.

The included tracks, by my count: The Breaking of the Fellowship, In Dreams, Concerning Hobbits, The Riders of Rohan, Into the West.

[video=youtube_share;nUnIe2tVUrU]http://youtu.be/nUnIe2tVUrU[/video]