1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The End Of The World - A Turn Based RPG

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by The Huntsman, Nov 17, 2012.

1. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I’m testing the waters for this. I think we’ll need at least five players for this to work, so if we can’t get that, then there will be a failure to launch.

The name of the game is survival. Well, not literally, but that is its purpose. Each day, you will be given the opportunity to explore the town that you’re in and find things that will help you stay alive. You will have to deal with other survivors who are fighting for the same things, whether they’re NPCs or other players.

Gameplay Mechanics
    Each day, you will declare your action. I will determine the success of that action based on rolls and other conditions. Once something happens, I will explain what is going on and we will go back-and-forth in order to resolve the event. Some events can be positive. Some events can be negative. How you handle them will determine how successful you are in surviving.

Dealing with other players is another matter altogether. It will be up to you to decide who to trust, or not trust. Players can kill one another, although unless somebody gets lucky, most players will get the chance to fight back. You can play as an honorable person, or you can lie, cheat and steal your way to victory. The game will end when there is only one player remaining, or on January 1st, 2013.

Combat Mechanics
    Every player starts with 110 HP. 100 base, and 10 from rank one Toughness. When combat is started between two players, or a player and an NPC, two D20 will be rolled by the GM. The player who receives the higher roll goes first. They can then post their actions, and another dice is rolled. That[/b dice will take into account any of the player’s modifiers, and if a hit is registered, a certain amount of damage is done based on the weapon used.

Unarmed – 12 required to hit.
    Melee – 14 required to hit.
    Firearms – 15 required to hit.​
    Each weapon type has a bonus. Unarmed can disarm their opponents, provided they are close enough. Melee can block opponents – even bullets. Firearms can get a headshot, which will instantly kill a player or NPC unless they are wearing headgear.

Character Creation
    In order to create your character, just post your character’s name and spend your ten skill points on these seven skills. You automatically start with one point in each skill. There is no way to change or improve these skills once the game starts.

Brawling increases your combat performance when unarmed. Each point adds +2 to your unarmed combat rolls, and a 5% chance to disarm your opponent.

Diplomacy increases your ability to negotiate with other survivors. Each point adds +2 to your diplomatic rolls, and a 5% discount at stores.

Firearms increases your combat performance with guns. Each point adds +2 to your ranged combat rolls, and a 2% chance to get headshots.

Medicine increases your medical skills, allowing you to treat the injuries of yourself and others. Each point allows you to treat more severe injuries, and adds a +1 to your combat rolls.

Melee increases your combat performance with melee weapons. Each point adds +2 to your melee combat rolls, and a 5% chance to block your opponent.

Survival increases your chance to find things when searching buildings. Each point adds +2 to your perception rolls, and your survival stats (hunger, thirst) decrease slower.

Toughness increases your overall health. Each point adds 10 HP and decreases the damage that you take by 2%.

2. The Huntsman

[​IMG]
    Anytown, USA. Our game's setting. Don't even try to leave, because demonic ducks will devour you.​

JAG
    • Emperor Joe
    • 120 HP
    • 0 Monies
    • Brawling *
    • Diplomacy **
    • Firearms *
    • Medicine ***
    • Melee ****
    • Survival ****
    • Toughness **

#2 The Huntsman, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
  3. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I'm interested in playing, though why did the world end? Nuclear war? Zombie Apocalypse? Shortage of M&M's?!?

4. The Huntsman

Johnny was always far better at coming up with the creative aspects. I'm more of a meat and potatoes kind of guy... Let's go with... an outbreak of disease that killed most of the world's population. The survivors are all immune, for some reason, so nobody will have to worry about avoiding infection.

5. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Ah, so it's kinda like Stephen King's "The Stand"...cool, I can work with that. ;)

6. JAG

JAG Active Member

I guess I'll give this a shot. You may have a hard time getting enough people to play, though. Maybe you could PM some of the RTW veterans, or something. I doubt many people bother checking this forum much anymore. Anyway:

Name: Emperor Joe

Skills: +3 to Survival, +3 to Melee, +2 to Medicine, +1 to Toughness, +1 to Diplomacy

I've always known I was destined to rule the world. The weak-minded masses just couldn't see it. 'Crazy', they called me. 'Unstable.' 'Delusional.' Well, now they're all DEAD, and I'm still here. That proves it, man! I'm gonna be King! No, that's not good enough. Emperor. Yeah, I like that.

I am Emperor Joe... something. Nobody in the nuthouse called me by my last name, and I kinda forgot it. Doesn't matter. I'm outta there now, and this town is MINE! *maniacal laughter*

7. Superpan

Superpan Member

I'll try to play, but my schedule will keep me from devoting time to try come up with a character until Tuesday nigth at the earliest.

8. The Huntsman

The game is dead, anyway. I wanted it to tie in to December 21st, at least in spirit. I'm not going to do anything with it now.

9. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!
    Staff Member Moderator

If Buffy the Vampire Slayer has taught us anything it's that there's always another apocalypse around the corner.

I'd like to see at least one game like this. If we can get enough players.