1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Drawing Boards One Year Anniversary... What about an 'All Star' jam?

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Frozen, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Frozen

Frozen When Hell freezes over.

Just as soon as I get it finished - I'm tryin', OK!!! :D

Seriously though, I'm not rushing this because I'm making sure I do a good job - all your work deserves to be show-cased to the best effect possible...

I just want to make sure everybody is happy with the results.

2. AceOfKnaves

AceOfKnaves Why aren't you laughing?

I'm sure we will all be happy with the results Frozen!!! :D

Just as long as it's done before tomorrow. ;)

j/k!!!

3. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Hey, thanks again for doing all of the editing work for us, Frozen...I can't wait to see it!

(Side note: The colours of my pic might have to be darked - as you may have noticed, the black isn't quite "black" and the lines on the left side of the "T" just aren't lookin' too solid when you downsize the pic. That, and you can take away the date and tentative title if you want.)

Ultimately though, it's up to you. Good luck with 'em all! Do you have all eight now?

-Tim

4. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

I'm assuming all of them got to you, hopefully! And no, take your time! I would rather it be delayed longer then planned and turn out great, then you rushing and it being less as good as it could have been. Though I have to say, I'm getting very anxious!

~Barb

5. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes rather excited myself. Take your time bud, I think such a project deserves it, and you're certainly the man to handle it.. !

6. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

So what kind of time frame we looking at, this weekend, next weekend? I'm thinking posting up the whole kit and kaboodle would be best done on a Friday or Saturday.

~Barb

7. TimTwoFace

Hey, any day is good by me - as soon as we possibly can get it posted with awesome results. I really hope that, if it turns out well, that we use it as the header for this forum. That would be very schway, indeed.

-Tim
    (Who rarely says "schway".)

8. Salvor

Salvor You can't take a picture of it

Hey, good idea! That'd be great (or schway, whatever ;))...

9. AceOfKnaves

Me thinks Batman Beyond might be contagious to members of ToonZone. :D

Schway, hmmmmm, do you think that word could ever replace cool, or awesome? ;) lol,

The weekend sounds good to me, but it's really all up to Frozen isn't it? :)

10. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Indeed. I think we should lead Frozen work on it (as it's missing 'Drawing Board' at the moment). See if he thinks it works! :)

11. TimTwoFace

Well, I'm all for doing another all-star jam with the words "Drawing Board" - and that way we can have 12 people doing pics instead of just eigh of us. :)

-Tim

12. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Telling it like it is

I'm all for it to. But, I'm not going to throw my name in the hat just yet, incase there are 12 other people who didn't get to take part in the first one. But you can rest assured that if there's a open slot, I'm in. :)

13. AceOfKnaves

I think that if there was a D-R-A-W-I-N-G-B-O-A-R-D picture, that it should be all of the people that wanted in on this, but couldn't draw Batman.

Maybe a NON Batman picture for everyone else that wants to. As for the 8 of us? I don't think we should be in on that one. We got this one all together, and unless any of us are really needed, we should step off into the shadows and let others have a chance.
    Just my two cents anyway. :D

Can you tell I'm a Batman freak? Note the stepping off into the shadows. ;)

14. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

... if there are 12 others who are interested. I think we should hold back until we see the results of the current project. It maybe that another twelve letters may look either messy or confusing.

15. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

Definitely good to wait and see how the first project turns out before planning out the second already...speaking of which..*peaks over Frozen shoulder* oooooooo

~Barb

16. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Sneak peaks!?! Lemme see! Lemme see *tippietoe* :D

17. Seafaring

Seafaring scoooting....

I think thats a great idea. I thought about saying it, but backed off from doing so several times. I would be more than willing to draw for that one, we should be getting a scanner w/in the next two weeks, and I would love to take part in something like this. I've been incredibly jealous of all of you who are taking part in this, and I would like to also. But since I haven't drawn Batman or anything batman related in what seems like forever, I was feeling a bit left out. :eek:

18. AceOfKnaves

Yes, you and a few others expressed interest in joining in on this, but we had already determined the "Batman Theme.", and it was stated by some that they wanted to help out, but weren't able to draw Bat related artwork.

If enough people truely want to, and show interest in, drawing the D-R-A-W-I-N-G-B-O-A-R-D for the anni that was a little while ago, that would be wonderful, and I personally would love to see the outcome of that project as well as this one.

19. TimTwoFace

I'm all for helping out on the "DRAWING BOARD" section if there are any spaces to fill. Of course, we have to see how the "TOONZONE" part looks once Frozen posts it. He's a great guy to be going through all this trouble for us. :)

-Tim

20. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Ditto.

I'd like to suggest that something along these lines become a monthly accurance. For example we could say "this month its X-men month and everyone willing to participate would draw an agreed chosen X men character and try to get them all posted on the same day. Comments?