"The Dragon Dentist" 2-Part Special on NHK World - Talkback

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by SpaceCowboy, Mar 17, 2017.

1. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

I'm surprised nobody's created a talkback thread for The Dragon Dentist 2-part special. It is premiering its English dub on the NHK World channel. via Anime News Network

Here's the synopsis:
    The director is Kazuya Tsurumaki (FLCL, new Evangelion films) and Hideaki Anno is involved as producer.
    Part 1 aired tonight at 7:10pm EST and repeats at 1:10am, 6:10am, and 1:10pm on Saturday. Part 2 also premieres Saturday night at the same time and repeats on Sunday.

NHK World is available over-the-air and on cable in certain markets of the US and other countries. It is also streaming live from their website.

#1 SpaceCowboy, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  2. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

I've seen both episodes and thought it was really good. Unfortunately not a lot of people have gotten the opportunity to see it, so I hope a lot of people will take advantage of the NHK World showings.

3. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

I enjoyed Part 1 so far. The animation used for the spider-like "dragons" reminded me of one of the creatures that came out of a character's head in FLCL. The premise of warriors operating on dragon teeth is a bit strange though.

The dubbing was well done. Not sure if it was recorded in Texas or Los Angeles. Wish a North American distributor could pick this up so I could also check out the subtitled version. The Crunchyroll stream wasn't available in the US. Looking forward to Part 2 tonight!

#3 SpaceCowboy, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Well that's certainly a unique concept.

5. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Really hope there's a video release of this or a stream elsewhere of the dub. I didn't get to catch it on NHK World.