1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"The Dragon Dentist" 2-Part Special on NHK World - Talkback

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by SpaceCowboy, Mar 17, 2017.

1. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

I'm surprised nobody's created a talkback thread for The Dragon Dentist 2-part special. It is premiering its English dub on the NHK World channel. via Anime News Network

Here's the synopsis:
    The director is Kazuya Tsurumaki (FLCL, new Evangelion films) and Hideaki Anno is involved as producer.
    Part 1 aired tonight at 7:10pm EST and repeats at 1:10am, 6:10am, and 1:10pm on Saturday. Part 2 also premieres Saturday night at the same time and repeats on Sunday.

NHK World is available over-the-air and on cable in certain markets of the US and other countries. It is also streaming live from their website.

#1 SpaceCowboy, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  2. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

I've seen both episodes and thought it was really good. Unfortunately not a lot of people have gotten the opportunity to see it, so I hope a lot of people will take advantage of the NHK World showings.

3. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

I enjoyed Part 1 so far. The animation used for the spider-like "dragons" reminded me of one of the creatures that came out of a character's head in FLCL. The premise of warriors operating on dragon teeth is a bit strange though.

The dubbing was well done. Not sure if it was recorded in Texas or Los Angeles. Wish a North American distributor could pick this up so I could also check out the subtitled version. The Crunchyroll stream wasn't available in the US. Looking forward to Part 2 tonight!

#3 SpaceCowboy, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Well that's certainly a unique concept.

5. Zeether

Zeether Trombe!

Really hope there's a video release of this or a stream elsewhere of the dub. I didn't get to catch it on NHK World.