1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Diary of Amber Quinnman: Sneak Peek Entry One

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Storm, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

Naria looks sassy in both pics. I like the second one more than the first though^^ Her jewelry and the colours work best...the other is too serious for her.

2. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

wow, Amber looks seriously badass on the motorcycle...which is insanely cool looking. Loving the job on Naria as well. Both outfits look great, can't decide which I like more.

~Barb

3. NGoff

NGoff Guest

Hi ya'all! I was having trouble with starting up my account here, but Storm kindly linked up my pic. Thanks Storm! He asked me to hop along this adventure and with a few questions and doubts on my part...I said yes! Lets hope I can hold on for the ride. :D

Thanks Barb! The bike's modeled after my own, but mine's way better looking! :cool:

Greetings SJJ! Awesome drawings and thanks for the comps. I look forward to trying the other characters! :)

Whelp, I finished a pin-up (not colored) of good 'ol Amber. It turned out much better than my last 'cuz I put a little more quality time and care into it. I'll try and post it tomorrow. :bubbles:

-Nicole =)

4. Storm

Storm Active Member

More Amber pics....

Here are some sketches of Amber by new artist Jon Weshuff. Hope you guys enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is a little quote from Amber:

"What does it take for you people to just to leave me alone?! I got fired from my job, I'm having a bad hair day, and I'm in the middle of that time of the month! Do you have any consideration for women nowadays? I mean am I the only heroine you what to assassinate? Isn't there a Wonder Woman or Batgirl for you to pest?"

- Amber Quinnman (a.k.a. Cassandra Townsend), "Revival" Issue One

- Storm

5. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Great pictures! Love them, I love the energy. Interesting take on Amber. I love the night dress and guns a tootoin' pic!

On the Naria pics, they'll be down until the weekend. Freesserve killed the account for no foreseeable reason, so I'll have to put them when I collect them from my family house. How annoying!

6. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

I should really check out this thread more often. Great stuff guys! Lots of good art!

7. NGoff

NGoff Guest

Whelp, I scanned the second pic of Amber I did the night before....

She's just doing a little skydiving....
    [​IMG]

In case you get the 'X'---->:deedee:

BONUS!

[​IMG]

In case you get the 'X'---->:deedee:

I drew this up last night in an attempt at the character sketch sheet of Amber, but I failed at drawing Amber....:rolleyes:

The gloves have the brass knuckles made into them. I drew a detailed boot then tried something more simple to draw. We've got the goggles, knife, gun and ear piece...more to come...in time...:bubbles:

-Nicole =)

8. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

The top picture rocks - a little CG on the black and it would a really strong image!! I love the detail to the small elements - very important to get a 'bible' of equipment images!

BTW, the downed Naria links are here again:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

Fantastic NGoff! I'm so loving your shots of Amber. That skydiving one is so great, the way you draw her body seems perfect. Love the look on her face with the shot of her in a dress. And the action shot of her with the guns drawn is probably my favorite of them all so far. Heck, even heer gear looks pretty dang nifty too! What an amazing group of people you've been pulling together for this Storm!

~Barb

10. jeffrey 228

jeffrey 228 Active Member

Very neat Design on the guy Storm, making it like a real person does have it's good points, and it would be better if it was colored and such.

11. Storm

Storm Active Member

Won't you be my neighbor?

Hey guys its Storm. I have a major update for you guys. First I'm introducing the Irish charmer, Michael Kirkson. Mikey is a slice of realism in Amber's life. He is Amber's neighbor (he lives in the apartment next to Amber's) and he is very smitten with the mysterious girl. At first she gives him the brush off but they turn into really good friends. Michael Kirskon is a work-at-home software designer for a multi-national organization. He mostly likes foreign and independent films and likes to go to coffee and book shops he's a hippy in his own right. I can't take all the credit Michael was created by the marvelous Calico. Oh yeah the guy who drew these wonderful pics is a newcomer to the AQ staff and he goes by the name of Dorky Fresh. The first pic is just a simple sketch of Michael. The two designs that are crossed out were axed and the designs that have Michael with longer hair are keepers. I love his shirts with the logos and phrases on them. The second pic is with Michael and Amber. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Storm

12. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

lmao, that is so awesome! Go Calico, Storm and especially Dorky Fresh...these designs are fantastic. What a fun neighbor. Kinda grungy looking, but sweet, really really hot, and giving off a fun personality feel. But those shirts, man, those are seriously the funniest shirts ever...I wish I could actually have them!

~Barb

13. Storm

Storm Active Member

Much ado about Amber....

Here are some Amber sketches drawn by Dorky Fresh.....

Here's Amber in her normal & spy attire:
    [​IMG]

14. Storm

Storm Active Member

The Inner Circle

More pics by DF. The first one is with Naria, Lucas, and Robert and the last one is with Matthew McCloud:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Storm

15. Storm

Storm Active Member

Bad to the Bone.....

The final pics by DF! Here's the insane business tycoon Simon Bane and his deaf lacky....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Storm

16. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, that's great stuff from DF. Nice refinement and take on all the major players. I like it. Nice swift but confident style! Welcome to the team!

17. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

*falls off chair* too much awesome eye candy, Storm! I mean, wow oh wow. I can't believe how many great characters there seem to be already, and how interesting and dynamic they all are. The other characters sketch by DF are very cool, but I love the two of Amber the most. Her main outfit is so cool!

~Barb

18. JonWes

JonWes New Member

Halleluah!

I can finally post. I joined days and days ago but it seems my membership has finally been approved. I'm the guy who did the pics up a ways. My name is Jon Wesley Huff, just to clear that up.

I think it's a good idea to have some good pics of closeups of Amber, especially. But... which one is the "official" one - the colored pic from before or the more recent detail sketches? I just ask because I did my sketches based on the former and the newer ones are significantly different. I ask because are the designs still in flux? At some point, it might just be helpful to have some sort of final characters sheets made up with the final designs, maybe some close-ups of details. I'm a detail guy and I like to have these things for reference and it'd be cool to maintain visual continuity. :)

I just want to say I LOVE all the different styles of art on display and I really like the work being done. It makes me excited to see the project take shape and it makes 2004 seem so far away.

I'm working up designs for the character design I'm doing. I'll run them by Storm and maybe post them soon and just practice on some of the other characters as well. Glad to be aboard. It should be fun. One thing I was confused about is exactly what form the final product will take shape as? How long is an issue? Are there too many writers right now or could I maybe throw my hat into that ring as well at some point? From what I've heard and assuming and issue is 22 pages or so, it sounds like the online comic has been plotted through 2004 at least... is that correct?

19. Storm

Storm Active Member

To answer some questions.....

Just Jack's final colored Amber picture was the final design.

We have 5 writers. Each will take turns and write one story arc or solo issue (whatever we feel is right).

The pages are atleast 20 pages long.

Each story arc will have continunity and be in the same timeline.

And the comic takes place in present day and yes since it ill launch around 2004 that's the year AQ will take place.

- Storm

20. dorky fresh

dorky fresh Guest

YAY! I can post now! First post! hehehe

Hello everyone...as you can see, I'm dork knight...I did the most recent sketchs of all the characters. I'm glad to be part of the team and I look forward to working on the comic.

I took into account everyone's notes while drawing each character. I remember reading that Mr. Lucas was sorta based on Anthony Hopkins and Data from Star Trek sort of made his way into Mr. Bane so I just did the same. Well, I hope everyone likes the sketches...more to come~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.