1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Diary of Amber Quinnman: Sneak Peek Entry One

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Storm, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Storm

Storm Active Member

"I'm like James Bond in a skirt, what more can you ask for?"

- The Diary of Amber Quinnman: Issues 1 through 5:
    "Revival" Story Arc

For the past couple of months mostly everybody in Toonzone heard me mention an online comic that me and my fellow TZ allies were creating. With the first script in the making and designs and ideas are popping out of the wood work I'm happy to say that "The Diary" will be a success. Anyway I can't give too much of the plot but I will say this... You follow the life of Amber Quinnman who was once known as her real alias, Cassandra Burmonk. Amber's life has always been an nightmare. Witness her parents assassination. Had to become a mole for the goverment to bust an illegal opertaion. Husband was killed. Went to an asylum for 2 years. Had to join an underground goverment division for her own protection. Oh yeah and had to change her name and her apperance. Cassandra Burmonk is now Amber Quinnman, a "Sector 18" agent who tries to cope with her forced new life and her troubled past.

Rating: PG-15

Content: violence, mild-language, and adult content

Writers: Storm (me), Chris Sanders MSX, The Darkknight, Calico, and Taiso.

Artists: JustJack, SJJ, Aximlli, Comixboy, Bic, J Horsley 3, and CaptainInfinity.

Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Thriller, Spy-Fiction, and Humor.

Release Date: 2004, TBA

And for what you've been waiting for...

:drum roll:

[​IMG]

This is the official rough draft design of our fair lady. Miss Quinnman was drawn by the talented JustJack. The lovely picture is a bit of a mix with anime/Timm/Marvel Ultimate. Ms. Quinnman is sporting a leather jacket with some rad boots, googles, and jumpsuit. Don't forget the blazin' fire power (looks at guns). Well I hope you like it. Comments, Questions, and Suggestion would be nice.

Look out for "The Diary of Amber Quinnman" real soon :D

2. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Very nice - actually rather close to how I imagined her to be! Which is fortunate as I'm going to be drawing her! Nice preview - I look forward to some more shots and poses of beloved Amber..!

3. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

I love her! Her look, projected attitude, everything. Like some FBI/Law & Order/NYPD Blue, Spike Spiegal mix, only female!

~Barb

4. Chris Sanders MSX

Chris Sanders MSX The MAN is back

Yeah the designs rule. It's going to be fun Colaberating with some of the other writers, coming up with witty dialouge and great stories and such.

5. Frozen

Frozen When Hell freezes over.

This look like such a cool project!

This isn't just a sound-bite, but best of luck to everybody involved - I genuinely hope it's a success for you all.

It's so cool to see so many TZ regulars pulling together like this - and with all that talent involved, how can it not be a success!? :)

6. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

We have another online comic on the way - with myself and Silverknight as primaries... I'll see if I can get permission from the mysterious editor to let me throw a sneak preview for that! :)

7. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Very cool design :)

8. JustJack

JustJack Just Odd

The arms are too long, I was in a mood for hotpants(so sue me!) and...uhm...she's got a MOLE!!!

...I'll do better next time...I swear!

:p ;)

Edit: Oh...and she's got really big feet......

~_~

9. Dee

Dee What?

With a history of what she has, Id imagine a more older/worn face, but this is pretty good.

10. Bic

Bic Acid-filled Twinkies!!!

I'm looking forward toward this project. I can't wait to see the other's interpatations will be like!

But at least her um... porportions are a little more correct than the average comic book/anime/manga babe. ;)

11. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

Coolness! Can't wait to see more! :)

12. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Hey Storm, very nice picture there. :) I love the simple, yet detailed design. I'm sorry I didn't check it out sooner... :eek:

-Tim

13. Storm

Storm Active Member

Yep all thanks to JustJack :D

14. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

Very nice. I'm proud to be a member of this project.

15. jetstorm779

jetstorm779 Member

great character and design

love the line, "I'm like James Bond in a skirt, what more can you ask for?" LOL

16. Marc

Marc Friend from another star?

Greetings everyone!

Here I'd like to present a character design I did for Lucas Cambridge III, Amber Quinnman's godfather. He's also the head-director of Sector 18.

[​IMG]

Next are a couple pencil sketches:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

And lastly is a more serious sketch I did of Sir Anthony Hopkins, the inspiration for the design of Lucas:
    [​IMG]

So there you have Lucas. I'm sure Storm would be willing to fill in all the blanks concerning Lucas' bio.

- Cap

17. LazyReaper

LazyReaper I'm weird. You wanna doubt it?

Well, since everyone is posting pics. I drew this a while back about the main character. Just a quick sketch, nothing entirely fancy; certainly doesn't compare with the awesome drawing of JustJack. But if you wanna see it, here it is:

Rough Sketch

-Aximlli-

18. Storm

Storm Active Member

Creator Commentary on Lucas Cambridge III.....

Those designs are truly on fire CaptainInfinity, great job and thanks for doing them. Lucas Cambridge has to be on of the coolest characters I've written or created because he's just so cool. lol. As you know Lucas is the head-director of Sector 18 the same agency where Amber works for. He's also Amber's godfather. Lucas doesn't do that much fighting but he is a very well devolped character and him and Amber have great history that will be explained in the first couple of issues. I don't want to give to much background or infomation about the script but the focus characters indeed will be Amber, Lucas, and the bad guys. Amber and Lucas has this Father/Daughther relationship that will be totally explored. Lucas have done some things to hurt Amber and Amber somewhat hold bitterness against him. As you know Cap used actor Anthony Hopkins as the character model for Lucas and what a match. I always match up actors with the characters and I always say if there is one British actor who is extremely talented to pull off Lucas in an Amber Quinnman movie it would have to be Sir Hopkins. Well next for the next designs I can say that you guys will see the final draft of Amber Quinnman and also Amber before she was Amber... Cassandra Burmonk drawn by the talented JustJack. Hopefully more new characters will be drawn and tweaked. Anyway that's all for now have to continue writing the script.

- Storm

P.S: Aximlli what a cool picture.

19. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Hey, this comic is gonna rock! :D

20. Taiso

Taiso Expert of Justice

Just wanted to add, this is gonna launch all our careers in the comic biz. The publishers will be breaking our doors down after we get this going! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.