1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

the death of superman movie?

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by wolverine, Jun 17, 2001.

1. wolverine

wolverine Guest

they should make a death and reign of the supermen movie

2. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Warner Brothers almost did, with Tim Burton directing and Nicholas Cage as Supes. They went so far as to film a screen test, but supposedly Cage looked so silly as Supes (he refused to fix his receding hairline) that Burton couldn't stop laughing. Then production stopped for various reasons.

A supes movie isn't likely in the near future, but there are two Batman movies in development (Batman: Year One and Batman Beyond).

3. EarthX

EarthX Super-Hero Guru

That's not what I read

Cage lasted longer than Burton when it came to connection to the film, and that length of time would have be way beyond screen tests. The big issue, I read, was that Burton couldn't find a scrpit he liked. Burton wasn't going to last anyway because his plan was to not have a Superman costume used at any point in the movie. Warner was never going to go for that since that would interfere with toy sales.

As long as the studio stays away from Columbus, all will be well.
    (Quote on the Fantastic Four's powers for the FF film he was setting up: "It's tough to make the furry guy [Thing] look real." FURRY? Nice research.)

4. killercroc

killercroc Active Member

I have the same reaction anytime I see Cage trying to play a tough guy. It would be awful if he was Supes. He's a whiny wuss.