1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The DCU Figures Customizers Thread, Part IV

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Tyke, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here you go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bevandera

Bevandera Member

Their Blight PALES in comparison to yours....BWAHAHAH...

Yours really outSHINES it....NYUCKNYUCKNYUCK....

You might say their Blight is GREEN with envy...guffaw guffaw.

Yeah, I got jokes. ;)

3. Tyke

Tyke Active Member

Good ones, Bevandara, hah!

Those photos look great...I'm really diggin' the Blight and Captain Marvel!

I'm awaiting a broken Super Powers Plasticman to arrive...gonna take his head off and replace with JLU Elongated Man's head. THen repaint the body the black and red E.Man uniform. Gotta love Super Powers customs...this Plasticman's been glued together, so the arms and legs will not move. Poor guy.

Hopefully I can use the Plasticman head for a custom JLU Plasticman.

4. EmeraldLight

EmeraldLight Member

That looks awesome. I think I'm most definatly going to steal that Blight recipe. He looks great!

5. PeterFries

PeterFries Active Member

Beautiful reappropriation of those toy parts. Great work... :eek:

I actually have that JiTB Shazam toy sitting in a box someplace -- I want to try that custom after seeing yours.

6. Raidon Makoto

Raidon Makoto Long Live The Heroes

I've started my first DC Custom, Captain Atom, after getting the GL 3-Pack I a couple days ago at Target. I finally get fed up with the doubles, and began turning my Stewart into Captain Atom. I've painted the red gloves and boots, sculpted the hair (Which I'm going to boil harden in a half an hour), and then I'm going to paint the silver on. I'm going for a bluish silver, so I bought a skyblue and silver for mixing.

Anyways, I need the emblem on his chest. Does anyone have it so I can print it out on sticky paper and put it on my custom? Perfect proportions to the figure would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

7. Casimir

Casimir Inanimate Objects!

8. patoliver

patoliver Member

I was wondering if anyone has done a Klarion or Calendar Girl figure?
    Or if anyone has seen a gallery with a custom figure from this too (of course in JLU TNBA style)
    cheers

9. Arrakhat

Arrakhat Trust me, I'm a doctor

The best Klarion I've seen is coutresy of Tim and Kevin:
    http://www.bizarroinc.com/figuresind/klarion.html

They also did a Calendar Girl too:
    http://www.bizarroinc.com/figuresind/calendargirl.html

Another sweet Calendar girl I've seen is Doubledealer's (you'll have to go to his Batman section and look for her):
    http://www.2dtoys.com/

I'm sure there are others out there, but those are the ones that struck me as being the best. Actually, if you want to find a custom of any given Dcau character, I'd try Bizarroinc.com. Tim and Kevin have made almost everyone.

10. Raidon Makoto

Dude, you pwn. Thanks.

Anyways... I feel like an idiot. I forgot to get a new red at the crafting store a couple days ago >_< So I was stuck with this red my dad found in his office. I had applied the gloves first just to get an idea how it looked, and then I boiled the hair and I FOUND OUT THE RED WAS WATER-SOLUABLE.

Anyways, the Craft Store is way out of the way, so I don't have a chance to go back for a while... So I'm stuck with my Water-Soluable red. Oh well, I'll revisit Captain Atom later on after my Customizing experience improves :p

11. EmeraldLight

EmeraldLight Member

Dude! Thanks for pimpin' the site! While Kevin and I certainly don't claim to be the best customizers out there, we certainly make up for it in volume! And we definatly haven't made almost everyone, someday you should see our "to do" list ;)

12. Arrakhat

All right, given all the new characters introduced in JLU (especially the last season), you guys haven't completed everyone. Not even everyone in the other DCAU shows either, though you've ht most of the big characters and several of the minor characters too. I can just see your to do list...

Every given henchman
    Every given civilian
    Every given hero
    Every given villain
    Every one not given;)

Seriously though, your site has some of my favorite customs; some take the place by default, but more often than not it's because you two go after everyone and do a bangup job. Seriously, who else has a Batman Beyond Terminal figure (my favorite one-shot villain from the show)? And more GL's than I can name? Or A bizarro version of all the major heros? Sites like yours are just plain fun to look at. Heck, I used Casimir's Inque and your Curare to convince my sister that BB had sweet female villains (Got her to watch every episode on dvd so far with a female villain, and some of the others too).

13. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Active Member

Hey, thanks Arrakhat! I'm definately happy to help spark interest in Batman Beyond. And yeah you guys should see that to do list. Mr. Fixx, Howard Groote, Roland Daggat... it's just full of A listers these days. Actually there are plenty of great characters to make still we're just fearful that Mattel will scoop us. And it's so very close to Toyfair....;)

14. EmeraldLight

EmeraldLight Member

Hey, us too. Don't believe us?
    http://www.bizarroinc.com/figuresind/glunknown.html

But seriously, thanks for the compliments. I'm glad we could spark some interest in your sister. Batman Beyond actually had quite a few interesting female villains. My favorite BB villain Ten, Ma Mayhem, Synthia just to name a few (all of whom we've made). Not to mention female Jokerz as well.

Unfortunatly, as far as BB customs go, we are running out of A listers. Unfortunatly the show only went on for so long. There's a few gems left on the list, but they're getting fewer and farther between.

Batman/Superman/JL/JLU lists are still pretty decently speckled with A listers, but as Kevin said ToyFair is rapidly approaching, and Mattel never ceases to surprise us with their character selections. And we try to avoid the Casimir curse as much as possible. :)

15. patoliver

patoliver Member

Characters in animated Style

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but is it there any Thread about doing characters in animated style? Where fans show fan fiction or fan art?
    Im creating a team of characters in animated style that I want to show but Im not sure where.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mundopo/355863757/
    Cheers
    Patricio.

16. Arrakhat

There's a drawing board on the forums here, just look through the different sections on the navigation window. Cool looking design, I'd like to see the rest of your team.

17. patoliver

patoliver Member

ThanksĀ” Ive checked that drawing Forum but not much is going on there. snif.
    I will show you later once the other characters are ready
    thanks!
    Patricio.

18. Arrakhat

You know Tim, Kevin, you're probably safe on making new BB characters. What with Mattel only having rights to characters that appeared on JL/U, most BB folks are safe territory. Now if only I can find the BK Blight and Batman. My correct colored Two-face is done, but I need to figure out how to work my new digital camera before I can get a picture of him for show. Still, he looks good on the shelf next to the TNBA Penguin.

Question: Would the TNBA Penguin be a good base for Bouncing Boy?

19. Raidon Makoto

I just finished Captain Atom... He looks okay for my first DCAU Custom. I'll post some pics later.

20. Tyke

Tyke Active Member

Rust: yes, please share with us your first custom!

While we await Rust's revealing, please do enjoy my Super Powers "Elongated Man" custom. Taken from a broken S.P. Plasticman. Based on his appearance when he first joined the Justice League in the 1970's. If Kenner would've made this guy, I'm sure he'd look like this. Just my opinion ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.