1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The DCU Figures Customizers Thread, Part IV

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Tyke, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldLight

EmeraldLight Member

I actually just finished a Fatality, and gave it to Kevin for Christmas.
    [​IMG]

She was made from a Katma Tui with X-Men Movie Rogue hair (HEAVILY modified) and sculpted details. Her spear was cobbled together from a bunch of accessories, mostly a Witchblade Magdelina spear.

2. Power Guy

Power Guy Power Girl's Other Cousin

Very nice! She looks top-notch & bad-*****!

3. zonian1989

zonian1989 Member

Awesome Emerald!

I am having trouble finding a good image of her emblem, did you free hand pen it or is it a printed decal?

4. EmeraldLight

EmeraldLight Member

It's a printed decal created for me by Nos4A2 on the RTM forum. I still have the file and, with his permission of course, could probably share it with the group. And thanks for the compliments. I worked really hard on that lady. Her spear alone took me about 2 hours straight to create.

5. Tyke

Tyke Active Member

Just curious, who is Fatality? This custom makes me really interested. Very well done.

6. zonian1989

zonian1989 Member

Here is a wikipedia entry on her http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatality_(comics)

Basically she is a bounty hunter/assassin of GL's. She hates GL's because Stewart messed up and her planet exploded. So she spend time hunting GL's.

7. Enzo

Enzo Member

man that is a sweet looking fatality good work!

8. Tyke

Tyke Active Member

Thanks, Zonian! That helps out greatly, and the figure looks amazing. ;)

9. EmeraldLight

EmeraldLight Member

Hey guys, thanks for the great responses about Fatality! I had a great time making her, she was one of my favorites of the bunch. I made a set of Green Lantern Rogues, and she was the best of the trio, in my opinion. I'll post the rest on our website in the next couple of weeks.

10. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

Happy New Year and Major Props to everyone on their customs as of late - inventive, accurate and inspiring! I especially like the one of the Amazon Cleo...very cute and nice detail work. Although it also points out something I dislike about the current generic female mold....the practically non-existant upper torso. That thong looks like it's pinching..!

And here's a sentence I never thought I'd ever read:

I love the Moon of the Wolf episode

:eek:

Keep the surprises coming people! Let's make 2007 the most customized year yet!

11. zonian1989

zonian1989 Member

First off, thanks to EmeraldLight and Nos4A2 for the Fatality logo.

Here is my completed Fatality.

[​IMG]

WW2(?) base scuplty, gun handle from a SW toy, and staff from a TMNT figure. I added "trophies" to the staff by using wire and cut styrene piping for the rings.

Here are couple more GL's
    [​IMG]

Bat GL is a JL Batman...I saw this Batman GL picture http://www.dccomics.com/news/images/gl9_2nd_color_400x600.jpg so thought what the heck.

Over at AFI, Glenn2000, made some customs from Ben 10..so I looked at the toys, and saw the figure called fourarms, and thought he would make a great base for, Garl Rathbone. I used hair from a Darkness figure from the Witchblade animated line over Superman's head with some scuplty to give him the alien look.

Garl Rathbone story, basically he was a miner and Kyle needed some help. So he gave Garl and a couple others some power rings. Garl was so proud to be a GL that he asked for a ring for each of his hands.

His Oath.
    [FONT=Arial,]"uh...
    I swear only to do the right thing and not hurt anyone...
    uh... who doesn't deserve it already."
    [/FONT]

the full story of Garl here...
    http://glcorps.dcuguide.com/profile.php?name=garlrathbone

and the crystal ball may be my next GL.

12. Enzo

Enzo Member

Great Fatality nice use of parts for her staff! and that GL Batman is a great use for those xtra batmen!!! great work!

13. lincolnmrk66

lincolnmrk66 HolyHeroes! Kustoms

Hey DB:( ....what's wrong with Moon of the Wolf? C'mon, Harry Hamlin and Treat Williams doing the voices of Romulus and Prof. Milo....Awesome! Batman fighting a werewolf...cool! Plus it has one of my favorite lines delivered by Hamlin;

'Now give me the antidote!...PLEASE JUST A TASTE!!!'

It is one of the more B rate eps, but B rate is okay in my book:)

14. Tyke

Tyke Active Member

ZONIAN: That GL Bats is the coolest custom! And the 4-armed GL is flawless---looks like they were both just bought at the store. :)

15. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Active Member

Love the GLs Zonian! Bat GL is my favorite of the new batch!

Indeed Emerald Light's fatality is excellent as well, it sits on my shelf right now with whole slew of other Christmas customs he gave me which hopefully will get up on the website soon.

Oh and I'll chime in for "Moon of the Wolf" too. It has a great score, and I'm a sucker for Batman vs. supernatural creatures. :)

16. Gotta love the Fast Food Premiums!

Capt. Marvel was made from a Jack in the Box Shazam! toy (the head, cape and forearms/hands) and a JLU Red Tornado
    [​IMG]

Supergirl also came from a Jack in the Box Supergirl with arms from a STAS Supergirl and cape from a Pocket Superheroes Superman.
    [​IMG]

Batman Beyond's head came from a Burger King toy and his body is that of the JLU Atom. His symbol was painted on, something I'm a bit proud of. His cape came from a movie Batman with a red liner attached with spray adhesive.
    [​IMG]

Blight came from a Burger King toy cut at teh waist attached to a Wildcard Joker's lower half. I really hate the Blight figure they made!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Comments appreciated...

Super Powers!

17. Arrakhat

Arrakhat Trust me, I'm a doctor

That stuff rocks! I really want to get the Jack in the Box Shazam now, and I think I may have that Batman Beyond head... Gotta say, I love the originality of Batman's cape/wings. I've never seen that done before.

18. Tyke

Tyke Active Member

SUPERPOWERS: Wow! Your photography is so colorful, and that Captain Marvel! THat Blight! :eek:

Great job. REally REALLY great job. Advice: paint the black trim on Supergirl's sleeves...there may be a stripe on the bottom of her shirt, too. With a little research, she'll be as perfect as Terry, Powers, and Billy!

19. EmeraldLight

EmeraldLight Member

Hey Superpowers, do you think we could get some scale shots? The figures look fantastic, but I'm very curious how they look in comparison to other figures. If you could just grab a couple of figures of different sizes and throw them in a group shot with all 4 of your customs that would be awesome!

P.S. I really want to steal that Blight recipe, if I can track down that BK Blight.

20. John Cage

John Cage Mystery Man, 666+ Posts Strong

Here're a few: Great job!

Have a good day.
    John Cage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.