1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The DCU Figures Customizers Thread, Part II

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Casimir, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casimir

Casimir Inanimate Objects!

Look at that penmanship! I SAID LOOK AT THAT PENMANSHIP! Lex's line are done with pen! Man, that's some sharp penmanship! :D

Seriously, great work all around. I want that God Lex!

C.

2. Loren

Loren Member

The figures all look great, but because this is a pet peeve of mine, I'm compelled to point out the mistake you made here and, more importantly, in your site's caption:

it's spelled Brainiac.

3. lincolnmrk66

lincolnmrk66 HolyHeroes! Kustoms

Thanks for sharing, Tyke...another to add to my ever growing to-do list!:D -Matt

4. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Active Member

Awesome, Tyke. That's an extremely clever recipe, executed beautifully for Lexiac/Brainthor.

5. Tyke

Tyke Active Member

lol, well, thanks for the compliments AND the technical editing! ;)

thanks all for the kind words! now I want to see more BRAINiac/luthor amalgams figures! Improve on my idea!

6. Christophe

Christophe Hall of Justice/Metrotower

I've been able to avoid second figures up til today as I found me a Vixen! (rare here) which happened to be in a 3pack.
    Ok, anyone know how what to do with an extra Dr Fate? I have a Hawkgirl which parts I'll use for a Hawkman and a Fire. But the Dr Fate is just, grr...

Casimir, didja see the new MM 3pack yet? It's nothing like it was on the package art. they might've taken a cue from your phasing MM and your 'nekkid' Martian form J'onn, cuz those are what go with the regular J'onn figure. ^^

To date there are 7 different Martian forms:

1. Original sculpt JL Martian Manhunter <JL big 7>
    2. Mission Vision/JLU Martian Manhunter
    3. Martian form with trunks and boots <attack armor>
    4. Martian form with unpainted trunks and boots (the breezy version... hehe) <DCSH 3pack>
    5. Clear MM <JLU wave one singles>
    6. Clear Green/Blue MM <JLU Wave Two singles(Planet Patrol)>
    7. Full-color Clear MM <DCSH 3pack>

I just realized it'd be cool to collect all the Green Lantern packs with weapons as they are ALL consistent crystal green and can be used by any of the 7 Gls

1. John 2. Kyle 3. Katma 4. Kilowog 5. Arkis 6. Tomar Re 7. Lorder GL

Oh and... 8. Hal (I am sooooooooooooooo making a custom)

I soooooooooo am now inspired to make Captain Atoma nd Beetle based on Casimir's designs. And now that I have an extra set of Thanagarian wings thanks to Vixen, i can either make a Hawkman or a 'Flash hat'. LOL

any idea how I can make kneadable transluscent stuff? I wanna make fire for... uh... Fire.

#486 Christophe, Mar 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2006
  7. Christophe

[​IMG]

I think you pretty much know where this one's going as a custom. ahaha
    This wasn't a pro job, but I'm pretty sure she'll be a stunning figure as a display once I'm done with her. Gotta love black markers. (Oops.) The detail will be done with... hehe... Gold markers. See I told you it wasn't a pro job. Anyway. guess what my current issue is. How do I get that darned hairpiece off?

(Tyke is my inspiration. hehe)

8. Tyke

Tyke Active Member

gold markers on top of black markers? I cannot wait to see the results---that's quite a unique approach!

HG's hairpiece pops right off with the proper pressure. How are you going to do the helmet? Not with markers, I hope ;) .

Good luck, and post the final product!

9. Christophe

Done it before, but I was much too young to perfect the lines. I'll be trimming the helmet and rounding it off with Pioneer Epoxyclay. Once that's doen, well, yes, marker time. ^^

I got the head off, but well. It totally came off. ehehe. it's ok, I'll just glue it back on.

10. Arrakhat

Arrakhat Trust me, I'm a doctor

Christophe, I'm not sure what Fate's body is good for, but the cape could probably be used for another leaguer. As for his head, if you used a dremel to even out his pointy chin, you could repaint it to be a JLU style Slade/Deathstroke.

11. EmeraldLight

EmeraldLight Member

I actually just used a Dr. Fate for one of my CustomCon entries! Unfortunatly you all are gonna have to wait to see who it is. But, needless to say, the body itself isnt bad, the gloves aren't great but can be dremmeled down or reshaped, and the head is pretty useless. A little imagination and he can be used I'm sure. Just let it simmer a while and I'm sure you'll come up with something!

12. Christophe

I found a use for him!
    [​IMG]
    Well, kinda.
    This is the first stage of my deluxe Gold Edition Dark 'Dr Fate'.
    Once I buy that danged paint pen, he'll be done, and so will Battle Fresh Justice Lord Hawkgirl.

13. EmeraldLight

EmeraldLight Member

14. Christophe

15. EmeraldLight

EmeraldLight Member

Actually I just found one. I believe it's Americana brand "True Blue" but I'm not positive. I'll check when I go home, and post if it's different.

16. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Active Member

I have sort of a cool idea for a "Deluxe" Dr. Fate custom. But it's probably going to have to wait until I get my hands on that Vixen three pack. But yeah, it does seem that the best thing to do with a Dr. Fate may be to make a more interesting/better Dr. Fate figure.

On the plus side there are a lot of people that have similar capes.

17. Christophe

Like... Dr. strange!!!

Hey. that blue coat can be used to correct an erring Red Tornado.

#497 Christophe, Mar 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2006
  18. thesandlot

thesandlot New Member

I want to give kudos to all you customizers. I wish I had the skills to do my own. There are so many figures I would love to do that will never be made.

19. Casimir

Casimir Inanimate Objects!

Sandlot, it doesn't take much to get started. Pick an easy repaint or something equally low-key and build from there.

C.

20. thesandlot

thesandlot New Member

Thanks Casimir! Your site is actually the first place I ever heard of customs. I had no idea that people even did this. I really am looking forward to that update you mentioned within the last few days... oh, that might have been on AFI.

A simple repaint, huh? Oh, I plan on giving it a try, just haven't yet. I was thinking about reverse flash until I saw the one coming out. So now I will mull it over to figure out which figure I want to start with.:zim:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.