1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The DC Animated Universe Trivia Quiz

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by The Penguin, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murmur

murmur Loud whispers

C'mon, this one's really not that hard. At least take a stab at one or two scenes. In case you're wondering, by "specific" I do not mean Batman literally has to say, "Hey so-and-so, use your powers," he just has to make his intentions clear.

2. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Telling it like it is

In "World's Finest", Batman "coaxes" Superman to use his strength to bust into Luthor's lab. Also, in "Injustice For All, pt. 2", he get's J'onn to use his telepathy to find his location. That's the only two I can think of at the moment.

3. murmur

murmur Loud whispers

Both good! There are two more (that I know of). Gotta love that first one...

Batman: There's always the direct approach.
    [Superman smashes the door down.]
    Batman: You're learning.

4. Calico

Calico Didn't you get the memo?

Ok, how about the end of 'Enemy Below' II when he instructs GL to use the ring to protect him (Bats) when he's disabling the thermonuclear thingamabob?

5. murmur

murmur Loud whispers

Yep, that's another one! Only one more is needed.

6. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Does Bats getting Static to recharged the Watchtower on Static Shock "A League of Their Own" count?

7. murmur

murmur Loud whispers

Good guess, but no. I said it only counts if he makes the request or order by himself. Batman may have suggested it initially, but it was the Justice League as a whole (well, okay, 5/7) that approached Static. You may be on the right track though...

8. murmur

murmur Loud whispers

Penguin was really close with that last one...wrong episode, but he was close.

9. murmur

murmur Loud whispers

Okay, this has gone on long enough...

Batman Year One got these two:

"World's Finest III" -- Batman suggests Superman uses his superstrength on the front door of Lex's lab. "The direct approach."

"Injustice for All II" -- With the statis field out of the way, Batman uses his thoughts to ask J'onn to locate him with telepathy.

Calico got this one:

"The Enemy Below II" -- Bats asks GL to protect him from nuclear radiation with the Ring.

This is the one you all missed:

"The Big Leagues" -- Coming to the sewer entrance with Robin and Static, Batman offhandedly asks the embarrassed rookie to move the manhole cover with his electrical charge. "Do you mind?"

EDIT -- This one was later submitted by batmanosorous; I missed it myself:

"The Enemy Below I" -- Batman's plan to catch Deadshot involves J'onn shapeshifting as Aquaman. "You're going to have to trust me."

I always thought these were all wonderful examples of ways Batman can remain mortal yet dominant in the company of high-powered folk.

Batman Year One, you got the most right, so the next question is yours if you want it. :)

#529 murmur, May 3, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2003
  10. murmur

murmur Loud whispers

Just to keep this alive, I'll remind everybody that after 36 hours, it goes up for grabs. It's been over 36 hours, so...

UP FOR GRABS!

11. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

*yoink*

Name all the episodes where we see Dick Grayson as a child.

~Barb

12. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Dick Grayson as a child?

Hmmm...let's see...

ROBIN'S RECKONING (Pt. 1)
    ROBIN'S RECKONING (Pt. 2)
    ANIMAL ACT (I think?)

...is that it?

-Tim

13. whitmore_sean

whitmore_sean Member

There...there were more than "Robin's Reckoning" 1 and 2? I'm gonna guess...um..."Fear of Victory", maybe? "Animal Act"? "Mechanic"? "Old Wounds"?

Oh, and I don't know if this counts...the 1950's Robin from "Legends of the Dark Knight" was a child...

SEAN

14. TimTwoFace

AHhh, you got me on the LOTDK episode...if we're in fact counting that as a young Dick Grayson (which it is...technically). Hey Barb! We's be needin' some answers! :)

-Tim

15. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

Young Dick Grayson, not young Robin. More specifically, anytime he wsa shown as a child BEFORE he was Robin. Robin's Reckoning is the easy one, Animal Act is another. He wasn't shown as a child in Old Wounds last I checked, or any other episodes for that matter. That being said, Tim, you're up!

~Barb

16. TimTwoFace

Sweet! :)

Here's another question for ya'll to mull over while reading the paper and drinkin' your coffee tomorrow morning.

Name the two voice actors that have provided the voice for the Batcomputer, and what one other major role that same voice actor played in the DCU.

-Tim

17. murmur

murmur Loud whispers

Well, I know for sure that Richard Moll voiced both the Batcomputer and Harvey Dent/Two-face. I must admit that I looked up the other, but I'm not sure it is valid. Is it Jeff Bennett, who also voiced HARDAC and The Creeper?

18. TimTwoFace

Yeah, the Richard Moll one was the easy. I didn't think of the Jeff Benett one - but since you brought it up, and I checked it out, it's right. :p

You may continue on with the next question. And if you wanna know, just because, it was Sherman Howard (Blight) that provides the voice of the Batcomputer in ONE episode of BATMAN BEYOND.

-Tim

19. murmur

murmur Loud whispers

Thanks, Tim.

Name four episodes (one from B:tAS, one from S:tAS, one from Justice League, and one from Static Shock) that feature characters assuming the identities of gods. This can be by personal declaration, behavior, or actually being a god.

20. whitmore_sean

whitmore_sean Member

Batman = In "Fire From Olympus", nutjob Maxie Zeus thinks he's the real Zeus

Superman = Darkseid, in "Legacy Part 2", calls himself God of Apokolips

Justice League = Ares, God of War, appeared in "Paradise Lost Part 2"

Static Shock = That's a tough one...the only one I can think of is Anasasi from "Static in Africa". He isn't a god and doesn't claim to be one, but his name is taken from a god.

If nothing else, I set someone else up for three outta four.

SEAN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.