1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition" Blu-ray Collection Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Sep 24, 2013.

?

Rate and Comment on this Home Video Release!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The ultimate super-hero saga gets the Ultimate Collector's Edition treatment!

[​IMG]

The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition
    Studio: Warner Home Video
    Release Date: September 24th, 2013

Description: Now on September 24, Nolan's three Batman films - Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises - will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment as The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector's Edition. The six-disc set will feature all three films with their existing extra content, two new featurettes and exclusive new collectible memorabilia. This must-own collection for fans of DC Comics' Caped Crusader is available in premium packaging and will sell for $99.97 SRP.

NEW Special Features:
    -The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy - The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.
    -Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation - For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Donner (Superman) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how Superman influenced Nolan when developing Batman Begins.
    -IMAX Sequences: The Dark Knight; The Dark Knight Rises - See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX aspect ratio
    -Exclusive NEW Memorabilia:
    --Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Vehicles: Batmobile, Batpod and Tumbler
    --Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring Scarecrow, Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra-s al Ghul
    --48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from all three movies

Comments? Is this worth the double-dip?

Related Threads:
    -The Dark Knight Rises Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
    -The Dark Knight Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -The Dark Knight Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: Gotham Knight Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: Gotham Knight Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman Begins Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman Begins Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology Blu-ray/DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: The Animated Series - The Complete Collection DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
    -The Caped Crusader - Favorite "Batman" DC Animation Moments
    -The Femme Fatale - Favorite "Catwoman" DC Animation Moments
    -The Man Who Broke The Bat - Favorite "Bane" DC Animation Moments
    -The Dark Knight Rises - What DC Animation Would You Recommend?

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I came across this set and got it for about $50 with some trade-in credit and overall I liked it. I thought the two new documentaries were excellent. The box is huge and hefty which I really like. The books that case with it were nice but nothing special and the toys were kinda nice too. The regular $80 - 90 I've seen it advertised for is a bit much but if you can get it for a bit under the retail price I'd say go for it. The extra disc really has some good extra features. The IMAX footage is nice to have for archival reasons but it didn't really bring anything to the set. I just like having this great box set for my Dark Knight movies.

My collection was number 102, 353 out of 141,500. If anyone picked up one, what was the number?

3. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

How long are the two new features?

4. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

The two new documentaries run about 105 or so minutes in total. If you can somehow get this for cheap then I say go and pick up this set. It's actually a really handsome looking collection. The box itself is gigantic. I bet you can get some good deals on it for Black Friday.

5. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

Probably could. I already bought the previous Blu-ray set for about $20 or $25 couple months ago from Amazon.com, though.

If anything, I think I'd probably plunk down some change for the "Art and Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy" book. I'd love to have those new features, but I thought it was ridiculous that was all we got for something called an "ulimate collection". When you look at sets like Ultimate Matrix or Alien Anthology, this batman ultimate collection is pretty weak.

6. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

How is this ultimate collection weak?

I got the limited edition trilogy set for that book you mentioned, but when I saw that there was actually a more extended version, I decided to sell my limited edition trilogy and I have yet to get the actual book.

7. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

Because 5 of the 6 discs are the same as the previous set. One new disc with two features isn't "ultimate" to me. A release like the Alien Anthology or Ultimate Matrix would have been more deserving of being called "ultimate". It doesn't seem like much thought/effort was put into the ultimate edition.

8. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

It actually has three features, but I see your point. Maybe the "ultimate" also refers to the fact that it has reading material and other goodies. I personally don't care for those "other goodies", however. That would be the photos and those toy motorcycles. I still plan on getting the set anyway.