1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Dark Knight" Talkback, Part II (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Aug 7, 2008.

?

Rate And Comment On "The Dark Knight"

1. *****

75.0%
  2. ****1/2

20.6%
  3. ****

2.9%
  4. ***1/2

1.5%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Why So Terrible?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gummibears

gummibears Member

Question about the Dark Knight Batman costume?

At what point of the movie does Bruce ditch the ''Begins'' costume and start using the new one [TDK] that he had fox make?

2. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

The new suit is first worn when he's in Hong Kong. The last time he wears the Begins suits is when he anwsers the batsignal and talks with Dent and Gordon on the rooftop.

3. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I saw the film, and it was awesome! Dark and gritty, very smart, no annoying humor, great script, things happen that never happen in superhero films, it was awesome!

My one minor complaint was Batman's voice, but trust me, that is a very mild complaint.

5. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

alrighty, i have some comments and questions regarding the "ending" of this film and batman as a concept. additional comments and how i took batman as a concept in the dark knight rises talkback thread:
    http://www.toonzone.net/forums/show...uot-Talkback-(Spoilers)&p=4040304#post4040304

why does batman come up with this "briliant" idea to take blame for dent's death and cover up harvey's actions/crimes as two-face? in the previous scenes we see that despite the situation the joker put them in, both boats in the river failed to blow the other one up, thus proving that the people of gotham are good. now, the joker apparently "wins" regardless because of what happened to harvey dent and his actions as two-face. because of the actions the people shown on the river, i think the people of gotham city would be able to handle what happened to dent and his actions as two-face. through out the movie the joker put the city through chaos and ultimately tries to cause complete anarky. given what the city and it's people have already gone through, if gotham knew that the joker (or orgainized crime, or both working together) caused harvey's disfiguration and killed his girlfriend/co-worker/ect, dont you think that the citizens would be understanding? harvey is portayed as an upstanding citizen and the ultimate symbol to aspire to, which is why there was no excuse for dent's actions for officer rachel dawes earlier in the film, and therefore the people would be less forgiving and understanding, but clearly the situation regarding harvey was put in changed at the ending of the film. a man can only take so much, which is the point to batman. which brings me to my follow up comment.

apparently a point to the whole concept of batman is that batman can simply take it, which is why batman is blamed for harvey's death and harvey's actions are covered up. the end of the film leaves us to believe that batman is going to continue on no matter what. he can take being blamed and hunted for the death of dent, that isn't going to stop him. batman will continue his mission. well, that's what i thought before the dark knight rises comes into the picture. how exactly is batman "taking it" better than a regular person if bruce mopes around in wayne manor for 8 years and not continuing on his mission? what kind of message does that send in general, or more importantly regarding batman as a concept? i really dont know how exiling yourself for 8 years and not carrying out the mission is "taking it". that sounds more like running away and hiding.