1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Dark Knight" Talkback, Part II (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Aug 7, 2008.

?

Rate And Comment On "The Dark Knight"

1. *****

75.0%
  2. ****1/2

20.6%
  3. ****

2.9%
  4. ***1/2

1.5%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Why So Terrible?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

So it just occured to me while watching the film during school: Harvey pretty much had to die. Had the city known what happened to him they'd have lost it, I think. Going down the hero allowed for the city's hope to remain. All Batsy lost was the law. The people have always thought him a madman so his reputation with them was hardly defiled. Considering the condition the city was mentioned to be in it's quite obvious--I think--that had Dent not played such a crucial roll--and I'm just hypothesizing what the filmmakers meant--that man on the civilian boat would have killed the prisoners.

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

saw it in imax last night. it was a great experience. it was the first time i actually saw a movie in imax, i'm now sold. imax is the new default for me when i go to the movies. i just can't get over how good the picture and sound was.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

4. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Hell Yeah! It finally Did it! Congrats TDK.

5. Hobbes829

Hobbes829 The Bad Guy

I watched Psych last night and i just thought of a great iteration of the joker that would fit in the Nolan world. Batman Begins showed Batman's physical prowess and how far he's willing to go to achieve his goals. The Dark Knight gave us the joker and tested how far Batman will go to keep his principles. This version of the riddler would test his abilities as a detective and how willing was he to keep up his mission as the batman. I think what they should do is like in psych where the Riddler has already been established and has tested the greatest detectives by giving them riddles to solve in an effort to save someone's life. So far he hasn't been caught and no one's come close. Now, he sees a worthy adversary in batman. Just some thoughts!

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

[​IMG]
    X 1,000,000,000

BATMAN HAS NO LIMITS !

7. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

Congratulation on The Dark Knight winning 2 Oscars @ The 81 Academy Awards

The Ledger Family

[​IMG]

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have just awarded Heath Ledger the award for Best Supporting Actor for his amazing performance as The Joker in The Dark Knight! Ledger's family accepted the award on his behalf.

Richard King just received the Oscar for Best Sound Editing for The Dark Knight as well.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=8111

9. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

The fact that it lost for Cinematography to Slumdog was really pretty ridiculous. But I guess it's to be expected that the really popular Oscar bait should sweep technical categories.

10. email2003

email2003 *Classically Trained*

I agree. I mean, just look at how awesome that chase scene was compared to Slumdog's whatever it was. Shoot, my sister was ticked Dark knight didn't win in this category.

11. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Ohh, TDK was really snubbed, and it's not just the fans saying that!

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

So many good memories

1. The interrogation scene

2. The Finale showdown with The Joker

3. The Tumbler/Bat-Pod chase

4. Two-Face

5. The Prologue Bank Robbery

6. Meeting with Dent & Gordon

7. "Why So Serious?"

8. The Death of Rachel

9. The Scarecrow & false Batmen taken down

10. Manhunt for The Dark Knight

13. Master Toon

Master Toon Active Member

What was up with Batman's voice in the film? I just saw it a few days ago and I couldn't help but laugh.

14. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

A lot of people also found it funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc

(Nobody answered my question when I posted it in the dvd topic, so if anyone reading this topic is dvd savvy, I'd appreciate it).

15. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

This seems to be the favorite scene for a lot of people. I loved the intensity there, and particularly when Batman was wailing on Joker, who simply laughed, throwing out his "You have nothing to threaten me with" line.

This is my favorite scene, specifically the final conversation. They just so perfectly captured what their adversarial relationship is like and how lifelong it'll be.

They surprised me with how they ended things for him, but I think within this single movie, Harvey's arc worked so well. I enjoyed the different presentation of Harvey as the perfect White Knight and seeing him fall.

Loved the Heat influence, right down to William Fichtner's casting.

Greatly enjoyed the Bats/Gordon/Dent triumvirate. Some of the early tension between Gordon and Dent was a nice touch, particularly in how it fed into what Harvey became by movie's end.

It was a great move to show the many effects someone like Batman can have. In the case of the Batmen, I thought it was great to see Batman as an unfortunate influence further complicating things (for him and the city). Gotham, and everything happening within it, seemed so much more alive and richer for all these details covered or referenced.

DA

16. The Demon's Head

The Demon's Head The Immortal

It was pretty annoying, wasn't it?

17. Taekmkm

Taekmkm Ribbit

Yes, it was annoying when Batman went raspy to Fox...

just the two of them...

in the bat cave....

I mean, seriously. That scene was just annoying. There's no point going raspy there.

18. The Demon's Head

I think it was Bale's idea to act that way. Needs to take a few notes from the voice that Conroy used.

19. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

No, it wasn't.

The point is that he doesn't just see himself as a man in a costume putting on a raspy voice. It's a state of being for him. When he's Batman, he's Batman. He's not turning certain aspects on and off. It reminds me of a moment I loved from ROTJ. After he's defeated Joker and pushed him aside, the first thing Bats does is grab his mask and put it back on. Then he gets up. Despite Joker only acknowledging him as "McGinnis", repeated asserting that he wasn't Batman, I loved the exclamation point that was made, the answer, in putting the mask back on before anything else. It didn't matter if there was no one else around to see him without the mask. It's not just about masking his identity, it's about who he is.

20. The Demon's Head

It absolutely was. Batman doesn't act like that. He does not and should not use a deep, boisterous growl to scare criminals. The final scene between him and The Joker was probably when the voice was at its worst level and during the interrogation of Flass in in 'Batman Begins', that also was pretty bad.