1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Dark Knight" Sequel Pre-Release Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

2. TMC1982

TMC1982 Active Member

One intriguing theory that I heard involving Ra's al Ghul in the Nolanverse Batman films is tha "The Demon's Head" is really a title (like "Captain" or "President") rather than a man's name. Think of how in the Phantom comics, when one Phantom dies, there's immediately another one to take over. So when the first Ra's that we saw (played by Ken Watanabe) died, Henri Ducard (Liam Neeson) became the new "Demon's Head".

3. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

The Spider-Man reboot is done it has no shot against the third Batman movie Sony would have have a better chance if they did Spider-Man 4.

4. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

this is going to be hillarious. the spider-man reboot will die a miserable death it diserves. the reboot killed the spider-man franchise, but batman will nail the coffin shut. if they did spider-man 4, there is no way they would release it in the same month let alone year. i could see them maybe doing a may release for spider-man 4, but that's about it. oh well, instead of a sequel we're getting a pointless reboot. dc wins.

5. TMC1982

TMC1982 Active Member

In fairness to the whole Spider-Man reboot concept, the Sam Raimi series I feel, really screwed themselves when they retconned Uncle Ben's murder into being at the hands of Sandman.

#465 TMC1982, May 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2010
  6. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

Looks like WB is playing hardball scheduling the Dark Knight sequal so close to the Spider-Man reboot.

I think Sony will budge. Spider-Man may get moved up to May instead. Though then in it runs up against the Avengers...so maybe June then.

So basically summer 2012 will be gigantic for superhero movies.

7. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Alrighty, next all we need is a title and I'll be set for the next couple of months or year.

8. Young Justice

Young Justice Silent Master Apprentice

I agree partially with your theory. I think "Demon's Head" is indeed a title, but when Ken Watanabe was introduced in Batman Begins as Ra's, he was already a decoy. Soon as that part of the story, the real Ra's was already Neeson. Ducard was a fake name Nesson used to fool Bruce Wayne into thinking that Watanabe was Ra's.

But I believe there were other Ra's before Neeson, since the beginning of the creation of the League of Shadows hundred years ago.

But I don't think Ra's will return on TDK Seguel. My bet is on Riddler with/or Catwoman.

9. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Great..... Another money grab. The Dark Knight ended fine, there should not be another one. Don't think I'll see it, no matter how great the reviews might be. But yes, DC has killed Spider-Man in an incredibly over bloated summer. I'll have to be at the theatre every weekend!

10. KCJ506

KCJ506 Active Member

Oh you know you'll be there opening weekend.

11. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

Can't wait. It will be the only movie I see twice that summer.

12. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

this isnt a money grab. it should have been assumed that there would be a series of films back when they were filming batman begins. the dark knight had no ending, therefore there needs to be a sequel. i just hope it doesnt take the entire movie for batman's name to get cleared or to have loose ends tied up. i'm hoping this movie sets up everything that's become the norm in the batman universe (the batcave, introduction/cameos of supporting characters/rogues gallery, robin, ect).

if they want to make this a money grab, they can somehow incorporate previously unseen footage of heath ledger as the joker into the movie.

13. Wounded_Dragon

Wounded_Dragon Active Member

Does Batman really need his name cleared? Does anyone really win in such a scenario?

14. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Don't bet on it.

15. young101

young101 Member

I also thought this would be a trilogy or a series of movies. too bad for spider-man but i will probably go see it. And as for heath ledger, If they need a joker, I hope they use that guy who played the ice truck killer in dexter. He had joker written all over him.

16. Mad Mod 49

Mad Mod 49 Active Member

I don't like the reboot idea, but I do agree. I like Spider-Man 3 and feel it's overtly hated, but it DID have a number of problems, with the biggest one being what you mentioned. I find it funny that people complain about Venom being shoehorned in, when the natural baddie, Sandman, had the worst problem with him from the start. Uncle Ben's death should have remained as it was. :sweat:

17. TMC1982

TMC1982 Active Member

One thing that I recently realized about the Nolan Batman films, is that the Batman/Villain relationships have taken a "point/counterpoint" argument. Batman takes the one side (fear as a tool in Batman Begins and law and order in The Dark Knight), while the main villain takes the opposing viewpoint (fear as weapon for Ra's al Ghul/Henri Ducard in Batman Begins and total anarchy for the Joker in The Dark Knight). In the process, the secondary villain (Scarecrow and Two-Face respectively) is designed to be a manifestation of the argument at hand. And then, you have the mobsters (Falcone and Maroni) thrown in for good measure.

18. Young Justice

Young Justice Silent Master Apprentice

Very interesting analysis. Can you extrapolate that to foresee which villains would be in the 3rd movie, assuming that Catwoman would be in it? (I'll assume that she would be our best bet on who will appear in the next movie).

19. KCJ506

KCJ506 Active Member

Nolan confirms that Joker won't be in Batman 3

http://movies.ign.com/articles/109/1094767p1.html

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.