"The Dark Knight Rises" Pre-Release Discussion, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by James Harvey, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Stay on top with the latest news and discussions here in the The Dark Knight Rises disccusion thread. The sequel to 2008 worldswide hit The Dark Knight is scheduled to hit theatres in July 2012. Keep it on this thread to discuss the latest news, speculation, rumors, and more, for this highly-anticipated sequel!

[​IMG]

For the latest details, check out the newest posts in this thread!

Previous Thread Installments:
    -The Official "The Dark Knight" Sequel News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)
    -The Official "The Dark Knight" Sequel News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)
    -The Official "The Dark Knight" Sequel News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Related Threads:
    -The Dark Knight Rises Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman Begins Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Note: Please keep this thread, and the discussion found within, ON-TOPIC. Any thread misconduct, in any fashion, will lead to the necessary disciplinary action required.

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks!

Pavel is noted as an expert in nuclear fuel cycle technology and reactor design. So we could guess this device ain't running off of AA batteries.

3. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Active Member

The plot thickens!

[​IMG]

Operation Early Bird is going to happen tomorrow at 10:00. This image is from the twitter account @thefirerises. In addition, the first viral site is up for Operation Early Bird that features a count down to the operation: http://www.operationearlybird.com/ So any thoughts on what is going to happen? Will it be a trailer (the "early bird" as in an early bird look, perhaps) or more viral clues? And who does this relate to, Bane or Catwoman?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
  4. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169007-weve-seen-the-dark-knight-rises-imax-prologue
    Just a reminder to folks that this preview is only in select theaters of MI4's IMAX release. Follow this list:

Market - Theatre - CityAustin, TX - IMAX Theater Austin - Austin
    Boston, MA - Jordan’s IMAX - Natick
    Boston, MA - IMAX 3D Theatre in Reading - Reading
    Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Theatre Chinook 16 - Calgary
    Chantilly, VA/Washington, DC - Udvar-Hazy Center IMAX - Chantilly
    Chicago, IL - Navy Pier IMAX Theatre - Chicago
    Des Moines, IA - SCI IMAX Dome Theater - Des Moines
    Detroit, MI - Henry Ford IMAX - Dearborn
    Edmonton, AB - Scotiabank Theatre Edmonton - Edmonton
    Harrisburg, PA - Whitaker Center for Science & the Arts - Harrisburg
    Houston, TX - Houston Marq*e Stadium 22 + IMAX - Houston
    Indianapolis - White River IMAX - Indianapolis
    Los Angeles, CA - Irvine Spectrum 20 + IMAX - Irvine
    Los Angeles, CA - RAVE 18 + IMAX - Los Angeles
    Los Angeles, CA - Ontario Palace Stadium 22 + IMAX - Ontario
    Los Angeles, CA - Citywalk Stadium 19 with IMAX - Universal City
    Madison, WI - Star 18 Fitchburg with IMAX - Fitchburg
    Miami, FL - AutoNation IMAX - Fort Lauderdale
    Minneapolis, MN - Great Clips IMAX - Apple Valley
    Montreal, QC - Cinema Banque Scotia Montreal - Montreal
    Nashville,TN - Opry Mills Stadium 20 + IMAX - Nashville
    New York, NY - Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX - New York
    New York, NY - Palisades IMAX - West Nyack
    Omaha, NE - Star Cinema 16 with IMAX - Council Bluffs
    Orlando, FL - Pointe Orlando Stadium 20 + IMAX - Orlando
    Ottawa, ON - Silvercity Gloucester + IMAX - Gloucester
    Palm Springs - Desert IMAX Theatre - Cathedral City
    Philadelphia, PA - IMAX & the Tropicana - Atlantic City
    Philadelphia, PA - Tuttleman IMAX–Franklin Institute - Philadelphia
    Phoenix, AZ - Arizona Mills 25 with IMAX - Tempe
    Providence, RI - Providence Place 16 with IMAX - Providence
    Quebec City, QC - IMAX Le Theatre At Quebec - Quebec City
    Sacramento, CA - Esquire IMAX - Sacramento
    San Antonio, TX - IMAX at RiverCenter - San Antonio
    San Francisco, CA - Metreon 16 with IMAX & ETX - San Francisco
    Seattle, WA - Boeing IMAX–Pacific Science Center - Seattle
    Tampa, FL - Museum of Science and Industry - Tampa
    Toronto, ON - Coliseum 12 Mississauga + IMAX - Mississauga
    Toronto, ON - Scotiabank Theatre Toronto + IMAX - Toronto
    Toronto, ON - Colossus 18 Woodbridge + IMAX - Woodbridge-Vaughan
    Vancouver, BC - Colossus Langley + IMAX - Langley
    Vancouver, BC - Silvercity Riverport 18 + IMAX - Richmond

Below is a list of the theatres in the UK in which the Prologue of “The Dark Knight Rises” will be revealed on December 21st:

UK - BFI London - London
    UK - National Media Museum IMAX - Bradford
    UK - Glasgow Science Centre IMAX Cinema - Glasgow
    UK - Odeon Manchester IMAX @ The Printworks - Manchester

5. Bat Bruce

Bat Bruce New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011
  6. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Warner Bros. has reelased a new theatrical poster for The Dark Knight Rises. Click on the thumbnail for a closer look.

[​IMG]

7. Blankments

Blankments The Sparkle Rises!

Poster looks cool, but I need to say that's been on my mind. I'm really ticked Warner Bros. won't do what they did with The Dark Knight and put the prologue in all the IMAX theaters. I live fifteen minutes away from an real IMAX, so I was getting pretty hyped to see Mission Impossible 4 and the prologue over break. I think you know where this is going. Yes, my theater wasn't included on the list, causing me extreme disappointment. I'm still going to see MI4 in IMAX, but not being able to see the Prologue saddens me. Hopefully, the trailer will at least be there, but if not, I'll still go see Sherlock Holmes 2 anyway. Just wanted to vent a bit.

8. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Active Member

Yeah, I got tickets. That's all Operation Early Bird was: a mean to get tickets. Tad disappointing, but I guess it being the trailer was unreasonable. I'm excited to see the promo, it'll be a good end of exams fun thing to do. As for the poster, I see the new wallpaper for my MacBook! :anime:

9. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

10. Bat Bruce

Bat Bruce New Member

Nolan is awesome, he made made a billion dollar franchise, gave us the greatest Batman film(s) ever and doesn't like 3D, what's not to like? :D

11. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

12. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

So has anyone gotten the chance to check out the prologue yet? Would be interested in people's thoughts.

13. Bat Bruce

Bat Bruce New Member

Anyone seen the new trailer yet? (legally you naughty buggers), That touchdown scene is great :p Nolan is very good at subtle humor.

On the other hand, its out of context and he may turn out to be talking to his dog, but Alfred talking about how precious he is and that he's failed Bruce got to me :crying: Michael Caine is so underrated in these films.

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

I saw the prologue and I can honestly say Nolan is a Genius . And Bane is a calculating mastermind that really is a nice tribute to the epic "Knightfall" version of the character.

I think Tom is going to be a great follow up to Heath's extraordinary performance from TDK as The Joker .

15. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

(initial reaction after watching the prologue and new trailer. it might change after spending time reflecting and watching the footage a few more times)

i know i'm going to get lynched for my comments, but thats fine. i know everyone is aware and has no problem with people having a difference of opinion about anything, but god forbid if anyone says anything bad about nolan or his batman movies, oh boy, the negative nancy better watch out.

the franchise jumped the shark. there is no more "realism" in this series. there is absolutely nothing "realistic" about a cargo plane "towing" a disabled private jet tilted vertically suspended by a few cables. so the next time someone makes a wish/suggestion/thought about them wanting robin, killer croc, man-bat, ect in a nolan batman movie, don't immediately discredit it by saying "oh, that's not realisitc.". take a look at this prologue and trailer. i'm not bitter or annoyed at the lack of realisim i see in the prologue, just wanted to get that off my chest. i got excited at the end of the prologue when we started to hear the batman theme, i was hoping for a montage or something but i guess we'll see what happens at that point in july

on to the trailer. one of my main problems with the dark knight (aside from the ending, or lack of one) is that.... well, these comments from rotten reviews on rottentomatoes sums it all up for me:

"This movie is grim and jammed together. The narrative isn't shaped coherently to bring out contrasts and build toward a satisfying climax. The Dark Knight is constant climax; it's always in a frenzy, and it goes on forever."

"If Nolan had the opportunity to have a more even balance between explosions and ideas, it could have been that masterpiece that was prayed for."

from the new trailer it looks like we have even more of those problems in the dark knight rises. i think nolan just got WAY too ambitious with the franchise, each movie gets bigger and BIGGER. that's what hurts these movies in my view. if there is a batman 4 and nolan is involved, please just make it a "back to basics" (batman begins) or "smaller" movie when compared to the last 2 bat-films. we could have gone "back to basics" and possibly had a more character driven film if they didnt kill off two-face, but nooooooooooooooooooooooo (but what do i know? i'm not christopher nolan, the greatest movie director and story/screenplay writer in motion picture history) .

final conclusion/comments in a nutshell: the bar is set low (i'm not sure if it was already set low with my disapointments/problems with the dark knight), batman begins still looks to be the best batman movie.

16. Damien

Damien Watching

Saw it at MOSI before Mission: Impossible. Not too thrilled, nor could I understand a word Bane said. My favorite vehicle, the Batwing, also looks ridiculous.

I can also tell the writing is just about as polished as Dark Knight's. What's this agent's problem? He's flipping out over why Bane wears a mask. That's his main obsession point? The mask? Because no other bad guy or mercenary has ever worn one of those?

Even with Catwoman, I can already tell Batman Begins will remain the best of the series.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
  17. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

I had some issues with The Dark Knight, and I hope I'm proven wrong, but I suspect I will have even more of a problem with The Dark Knight Rises.

It appears that Nolan cares less and less about Batman as a character with each new movie. From the looks of it, this movie might as well be called "Bane" just as the last movie should have probably been called "Harvey Dent and The Joker!" I know we have to establish new characters and make them compelling support roles and adversaries for the main protagonist, but not at the expense of overshadowing the main protagonist.

Batman Begins
    will always be the best to me, if only because it's actually about BATMAN!

I really do hope we see much more of Batman, as well as Catwoman, than what this new trailer is leading us to believe.

18. CyclonatorZ

CyclonatorZ New Member

See, I've never gotten this sentiment, and every time someone says that Joker was the central character, I start to wonder if I'm the only one I know who understands the point of the film. While Joker was a standout character, The Dark Knight was ultimately not as much about him as it was about the challenge he posed to Batman's mission. I think part of the reason a lot of people seem to miss this is that the message hinged on the very last scene, in which Batman made his ultimate sacrifice in order to save Gotham. The movie to me is really one of the best modern illustrations of how far a hero must go if he truly is dedicated to the cause, and I'm looking foward to seeing how the final film caps off that theme. I think the reason they've showcased so much of Bane and Catwoman in the trailer is that they want to assure the audience that Nolan has done a good job with their adaptions. Everyone already knows what to expect from Bruce Wayne and Batman, so I don't blame the trailer maker for downplaying him a bit. I'm sure there will be plenty of great scenes featuring the Dark Knight, just as I'm sure Bane is going to absolutely rock. ;)

19. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

I cannot wait to see the rest of that Alfred scene. Give that man an Oscar, Academy. I also cannot wait to see how Bruce reacts. He is in a vastly interesting position this time around, so I really cannot wait to see how it unfolds.

Bane and Catwoman look great, too. I am rather interested in seeing how Bane plans on destroying Batman and his mission. He looks as if he is shaping up to be a force of nature different, but similarly unstoppable as the Joker.

20. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

I saw the trailer watching the latest Sherlock Holmes movie and I to say I really like the bits with Bane in the football stadium and what i"m sure is Selina Kyle talking to Bruce Wayne (about time this series got a main female character that isn't just the girlfriend character. Sometimes it seemed like Rachel was more then that but others times... not so much). And though I wouldn't say the Dark Knight was my favorite super hero movie I did enjoy it and hope this follow up is just as good. And yeah notice how it keeps getting built up as the final batman movie. More like "The final Batman movie for 10 years" as I'm sure even before 2021 we'll see someone else with the franchise. Will they do just as well as Nolan? Guess we'll see then but let's hope his series ends on a better note then Batman Returns or Batman and Robin (though in the later's case and maybe even the former's wouldn't be that hard to top that).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.