1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Dark Knight Rises" Pre-Release Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brutus

brutus New Member

This pic looking awesome,I really like the costume he wore in that pic......

2. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Uh, no, he'd be like 38 here at the most.

3. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

If it's eight years after the second film, which supposedly took place a year after the first, he'd be thirty-nine. :p Still, thirty-eight isn't 'pushing forty'? Spending eight years fighting crime is going to wear the guy down as it is, now nearly reaching the big four-oh isn't going to help.

That's what Rocky IV taught me about life! :p

4. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Batman continued to kick ass into his fifties. No way is 40 "becoming frail".

5. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And if he gets a hold of a power suit he can extend it all the way to his 60s:p

6. Shawn Hopkins

He's four years older than me. I may be slowing down a little bit, but I'm not about to wear out and die. Fighting crime would keep him in better shape than most people, anyway, and he'd compensate for any injuries with technology and force of will.

7. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

Eight years later!? Are we going to see Bane come in at the beginning of the movie and break Batman's back, and then 8 years later we see Batman return after rehabilitation? Is that it? Because I just don't see Batman on the run or hiding out for 8 years since the last movie for any reason.

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It could just be that Batman started to operate more discretely after TDK to avoid the police during his patrols.

Thanks!

9. CyclonatorZ

CyclonatorZ Active Member

Rumor time, folks (along with potentially massive spoilers):

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MovieMaster/news/?a=50396

Well, if this is true, then I think Nolan may have gone a bit too far this time in his reimagining of classic characters. The Bane described in this rumor shares almost no similiarties to the Bane of the comics, except for the fact that he's big and strong. Completely removing Venom from his origin is probably the most troubling aspect IMO, but the fact that his entire origin story has been rewritten to tie him in with the League of Shadows will probably also be controversial. Keep in mind, this is still unconfirmed at the moment, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

10. Shawn Hopkins

Bane's origin was always kind of weak in the comics anyway, though. Even if it is changed to this, I'm okay with it, because it certainly seems to tie things back into the movie universe better. And I guess Ras probably lived through the end of Batman Begins if this is true cause it sounds like he's still running the show.

11. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

If the movie is any bit as good as TDK, I am completely 100% fine with that. The Joker was completely reimagined there. No chemicals, no real white skin, no laughing gas, no practical jokes or even real humor outside of some pretty... sinister moments (How about a magic trick?) He was a cold and calculating psychopath who painted his face and may or may not have carved a sinister smile into his face. If Nolan wants to reinvent characters, he can go crazy if it means a good movie. Comics and movies are separate entities. Nolan is trying to make the best movie he can, and he hasn't done that thus far by following the comics. He has earned our trust. (Yes, I am a raging Nolanite, so sue me)

12. Bat Bruce

Bat Bruce Active Member

Worked out quite well for Bruce ;)

If it's true, I don't have a problem with it, what it comes down to is the League found another leader before/after the Bruce experiment and their still a bit peeved about him blowing up their house, it's not as on the nose as say Joker killing the Wayne's or Sandman killing uncle Ben just to add more drama.

13. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

14. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Well Ra's and Scarecrow were enough to hold up the first one so yeah I think he can hold up to a film fine.

15. Young Justice

Young Justice Silent Master Apprentice

But the 1st one was really about Batman since it was his origin. The villains were a side attraction. It was so they really marketed Ras as a Japanese Ninja.

This new movie I think the main attraction will really be Catwoman.

16. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

The main attraction of this film is going to be "it's over." It's been constantly talked about and considering the scale of Bane's influence he'll easily hold the film.

17. Spideyzilla

18. Shawn Hopkins

The radiation angle has me thinking he's potentially Dr. Phosphorous, with a different ID of course.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I think the League of Shadows wants Pavel to help with that device that Bane allegedly uses in the movie, what was it again..., and/or his armada of vehicles

20. Spideyzilla

This thing right here:
    [​IMG]

I believe it's supposed to be an earthquake machine, or at least that's the rumour. Why would a nuclear scientist be helpful in that? (The fact we're speculating this shows just how awesome viral marketing campaigns are and how grateful I am it's continuing after TDK)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.