1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Dark Knight Rises" Pre-Release Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

Well, I like it now, I still would have rather had something closer to Arkham City, but this is fine. Don't get what's with the heels though...

2. Damien

Damien Watching

3. Toon Hermit

Toon Hermit Always jaded

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised they kept the cat motif, which I thought might not fit into Nolan's "realism".

4. Young Justice

Young Justice Silent Master Apprentice

But then how would she would be called "Catwoman" if she was only a woman in tight black leather outfit. It's same as Batman without the Bat motif.

The "Cat" motif fits Nolan "realism" perfectly: Theatricality, Escalation.

But I think it would be much better if Catwoman had a suit more similar to Batman's one: w/ more hi-tech edge and a cowl This suit is too much like the 60's show. I think Michelle Pfeifer's suit was better.

The high heels are unrealistic but Catwoman has to have a sensuality on her theme so she should wear the high heels even if they get in her way of getting things done like running etc. The heels can be used as a weapon though. I think she should have the whip also.

I didn't like the domino mask. Someone is supposed to not recognize her w/ that mask? That's unrealistic. It doesn't fit Nolan's vision.

5. Ducard

Ducard Active Member

Maybe this Catwoman isn't too concerned about protecting her identity.

6. Toon Hermit

Toon Hermit Always jaded

I got that hunch from two things:

First, the official press releases from WB had refer to her as Selina Kyle, not Catwoman. There were also the earlier photos, where she was only wearing a pair of goggles and no "ears".

#466 Toon Hermit, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
  7. Young Justice

Young Justice Silent Master Apprentice

Yeah. Maybe that's the case. But then, why the need for the domino mask? Why not no mask at all?

I personally think the whole Selina Kyle in WB press release is just a deception strategy from WB executives. Or maybe she is only Selina in the beginning of the film and will turn into Catwoman by the middle of it (more likely).

Maybe she is just a cat burglar that has this goggles that look like pointed ears and get a "Catwoman" nickname by the press or some police officer.

Speculations, speculations. We will only know for sure in a few months (?) ahead.

8. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

9. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, so Batman has the Remote Electrical Charge from Arkham City? Either one took after the other during production or that is just one strange coincidence.

So I guess Bane just gets the venom injected through his mask, since It doesn't look like there's wires connected to his arms like Bane traditionally has.

11. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

In the comics, it was his left arm that had the venom tubes and we can't see Bane's left arm in the picture above.

12. Bat Bruce

Bat Bruce Active Member

13. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Sounds good to me. Bruce'll be pushing forty, so it'll be fun to see if that's referenced at all.

14. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Seems like a peculiar choice but I guess we'll see how it plays out. I doubt they have it 8 years later just for fun.

15. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

batman being on the run at the end of the dark knight better be wrapped up at that point. i'll be very annoyed if that's still going on. 8 years later would also make it "REALISTIC" for dick grayson or robin to be introduced since he'll be old enough at that point. i'm really hoping to see something in that regard. i dont care what it is, just somehow acknowledge the character's existence in the universe.

16. langden alger

langden alger Active Member

This will be a good way to handle the absense of The Joker. After eight years have passed I'm sure he won't still be on the minds of the people of Gotham as much as if the next film picked up right after The Dark Knight...though I still think we'll get some king of referance to him.;).

17. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

8 years? Do I see a hint of tie-in or television show around the corner?

Timeskips are more often than not set up to allow for extraneous material.

18. langden alger

langden alger Active Member

Really good point. If it's not for a new show I'm willing to bet that if they release another animated dvd tie-in it will involve stories within that time gap.

19. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

The point of this timeskip seems to be purely conclusive: that is, after years of isolation and with his body beginning ot fail him, Batman reaches his end. I think we're likely to see Bruce Wayne's Batman actually 'die' here. Nolan has been very adamant about his films being self-contained and I think this is really more a sign of this.

20. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

Here's the full transcribed article:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.