1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade" One-Shot Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Jun 15, 2016.

?

"The Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade" - Rate and discuss this special one-shot!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

Very impressed with this. I want to say it was worth the wait since it was delayed. I felt the "tone" was perfect. It wasn't too dark. It didn't go out of it's way to be dark. It felt like "straight up" Batman, despite being restricted to The Dark Knight Returns continuity and taking it's own liberties. With all the recent talk of their supposedly being more Dark Knight Material, I'd gladly like to see Last Crusade as a mini series. Or at least a second issue.

It's been clear to me that Azzarello is the "genius" of DK3. If Frank Miller was capable of writing a "straight up" Batman story, he would have done it with All Star Batman. If DC Plans to milk DK3 for all it's worth (which it obviously has been doing with all the variants, hardcover special editions, one shot tales, etc), I'd like to revisit the time period of All Star Batman (which supposedly is in Dark Knight Returns continuity) and have that mess fixed. Or just go back to it and start from scratch.

I have considered DK3 in a similar vain as Before Watchmen. Both are expanding on the original material without it's creators (which would be considered sacrilege). Before Watchmen impressed me. DK3 impresses me. I don't know would be next, but I wouldn't mind seeing DC go to another landmark story and expand on that in DK3 or Before Watchmen fashion.