1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The CW4Kids Talkback: "Kamen Rider Dragon Knight" (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by D Dubbs, Dec 13, 2008.

1. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

It's likely 4Kids didn't have an option to renew Spectacular Spider-Man, given it's a Marvel property and was probably very expensive to acquire. The only reason they had it in the first place was because of the Kids' WB transition.

As for Huntik, it's back on the schedule now (temporarily, anyway) which may mean that 4Kids is looking at picking up the second season. Either way, the ratings for the first season weren't anything special and were usually below average for the block as well.

There's no getting around the fact that it's logical for 4Kids to cancel Kamen Rider. It's pretty much been the worst-rated show the entire year on The CW4Kids, despite lots of promotion. They even gave it a sneak-preview at the end of 2008, something that 4Kids hadn't done in years, which indicates they wanted it to do well.

I think it's pretty lame of them to not air the final two episodes, but I saw this cancellation coming from a mile away. I would have been amazed if the show got a second season.

2. Dogbert

Dogbert I Don't See Gravity

No, they were outbid by Disney. And, the production for the second season was already well underway (it's owned by Sony, so they were the ones to order a second season). And don't give them credit for a hypothetical third season either; they've had plenty of time to place that order. Maybe they're waiting for the Disney/Marvel deal to be finalized, but they don't get credit for giving the show golden treatment just because they haven't completely killed it yet...

3. Burgundy Ranger

Burgundy Ranger Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy

RPM's season-long average rating is 0.541. The average was 0.585 on Sept. 26 and has declined with every set of reported ratings during the Great Break.

In terms of RPM-vs-KRDK straight up (even though they're not on at the same time in most, if not all, markets) .... RPM holds a 17-12-3 lead but hasn't scored a "win" since Aug. 19.

4. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

Interesting.

5. sdp

sdp miscrave

What if KRDK does well internationally? Mexico aired it entirely and is now re-running the series. Its hard to tell if the toys are selling but thats for every toyline. The only two things that I know for a fact are really popular here with kids is WWE/Bakugan/Ben 10 in that order.

6. Blueranger

Blueranger Member

Okay, I have a Youtube[​IMG] site that I started a while ago uploading KRDK episodes. So, I posted a written video explaining KRDK's Cancellation which includes ZERO material from 4Kids whatsoever.

Now, I get on Youtube and they just disabled my video[​IMG] spreading the word on KRDK's Cancellation for fans who wouldn't know. "Due to Copyright" from 4Kids but ALL of my other uploads remain untouched. What the hell?

Okay, I understand they might not like the fact I'm tell alerting fans about that but COME ON. It's worse to have non-American fans puzzled over two missing episodes without an explanation.

That is such a foul tactic. I would not have to post something like that if they had just aired the last two episodes in the first place. I'm really getting sick and tired of 4Kids and their BS period. I was tired of it when they didn't bother dubbing GX Season 4, then they dropped 5D's. Now this.

7. powergate92

powergate92 Power Rangers and Stargate fan

You should counter claim as under the United States copyright law the video is fair use. Also if the video is just text it can not be copyrighted under the United States copyright law.

8. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

9. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Glad 4Kids went through with putting the episodes up.

The thing that sucks is now I have to scramble through the episodes I've missed just in case 4Kids doesn't decide to keep the series on their website for much longer.

10. Storm Eagle

KRDK might have gotten canceled, but at least at the end of the episode today, they let people know that the finale is an online exclusive.

11. Storm Eagle

In case anyone cares, all the profiles for the Kamen Riders are now up on kamenrider.com. There's just one problem though. You only get to see only a part of some of the profiles since you can't seem to scroll down to read the rest.

There's also one up there for Eubulon, but it's different from the one they had for him before. It's more detailed.

12. sdp

sdp miscrave

Well since the thread is bumped..

I finished watching KRDK last week and overall I thought the show was great. Sure it had flaws but IMO they were minor and had they not been the show would have been better but its still great. I enjoyed it as much as RPM, I don't know why the fandom hated on KRDK, especially when compared to PR. I'm guessing its from more elitist people who watch japanese KR but for an adaptation it was great.

Its a shame the show didn't do good since I would have loved another KR adaptation. This show was pretty cool and i think any kid would have liked it, though it was somewhat complicated to follow and one airing a week probably didn't help it, this really needed to be aired on weekdays and have consistent re-runs.

13. Storm Eagle

Steve Wang has mentioned the names of all of the Ventaran Kamen Riders on the KRDK Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kamen.../Kamen-Rider-Dragon-Knight/44696146901?v=wall

In case you can't find it, it's a post he made on Thursday, February 4. Also, I'll just list their real names here anyway:

Kamen Rider Incisor: Ian
    Kamen Rider Camo: Van
    Kamen Rider Thrust: Cam
    Kamen Rider Sting: Quinn
    Kamen Rider Spear: Chase
    Kamen Rider Wrath: Nolan

And of course we already know Adam (Dragon Knight), Len (Wing Knight), Kase (Siren), Price (Strike), Hunt (Axe), and Chance (Torque).

It's interesting how "Cam" is the name of the Ventaran Kamen Rider Thrust. Then how "Chase" is the name of the Ventaran Kamen Rider Spear while "Hunt" is Ax on Ventara. Is anybody seeing what they did there?

14. specspi

specspi Sentai #1 Fan

[/QUOTE]
    The following list (which according to the document was originally published Jan. 7th, 2010) is worth noting not only for the “currently casting” info but also for the current and upcoming animated series and TV specials (aka “MOW” or “movie-of-the-week”) included in the list which are related to productions which air (or will air) on FOX, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim. (I didn’t include any Nick or Disney shows in the list below because all the Nick and Disney shows on nowcasting.com’s list are live-action.)
    - American Dad (FOX): currently casting
    - Eagleheart – 1/2 hour pilot (CN): currently casting
    - Family Guy – 1/2 hour (FOX): currently casting
    - Firebreather – MOW (CN): wrapped
    - Kamen Rider – 1/2 hour (CN): on hiatus
    - Robot Chicken – 1/2 hour (CN): on hiatus
    - The Tiger’s Apprentice – MOW (CN): wrapped
    - Titan Maximum – 1/2 hour (CN): currently casting
    - Delocated – 1/2 hour (CN): currently casting
    - Futurama – 1/2 hour (FOX): currently casting
    - The Simpsons – 1/2 hour (FOX): currently casting
    - The Cleveland Show – 1/2 hour (FOX): currently casting
    - Untitled Green/Root/Senerich Project (FOX) – 1/2 hour pilot: currently casting
    [/QUOTE]

heres the full article: http://voiceactors.wordpress.com/2010/02/08/family-guy-simpsons-audition/ Take with it what u will.

15. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

^It's just a rumor.

16. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

Considering that Kamen Rider has never been on CN, I believe we can safely say this list is inaccurate. I also doubt casting calls for Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, and Futurama are accurate.

17. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Unless CN has gotten the cable rights for Kamen Rider...

It's actually not all that unlikely. I mean, IIRC, the production company for Dragon Knight originally announced Cartoon Network as the airing channel (until it was picked up by 4Kids instead).

18. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

Adness (the production company behind the show) however has said that it's only a rumor. So while anything's possible, it doesn't sound like this has any merit.

19. Blueranger

Blueranger Member

Via. Reliable Source:

20. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

I honestly don't know that even that site is a reliable source. They state themselves that it's not auditions. Also, the fact that they changed Kamen Rider to wrapped could be that Dragon Knight is complete and that they never changed it from CN to CW. Unless CN announces it during the Upfront, the I won't believe it, not because I don't want to, but because it isn't from an official site. Instead it's from a site that posts themselves that their information isn't 100% accurate.