1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

The CW4Kids Talkback: "Kamen Rider Dragon Knight" (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by D Dubbs, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

I think that was just a special thing since that's when they would have showcased the fall 2009 lineup of CW4Kids. So since they did it, they decided to show an episode of KRDK instead.

Though there's always February which usually offers new episodes. Do you think it's possible that KRDK could resume with the final three episodes in that month?

To think that KRDK was supposed to put PR to shame. But which one gets to air its final episodes?

Anyway, your quip reminds me of how I used to joke that KRDK was a hoax made up to scare PR.

2. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

When you lose up to two-thirds of your audience from the previous show, than yes, I'd say so. I'm actually surprised they didn't pull it off the schedule sooner. In fact, I think 4Kids may have been under contractual obligations to air the show through 2009, which would explain why it's vanishing off the schedule right away in 2010.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see the final two episodes on TV. But this is a completely logical move from a TV executive's perspective.

3. Dogbert

Dogbert I Don't See Gravity

Does anyone know if the the spoken-English version is airing anywhere else in the world? Short of the unlikely DVD release, that's probably the only way anyone will ever see the ending (other than dubbed versions).

4. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

4Kids will likely release the final two episodes online on their video player.

5. sdp

sdp miscrave

You can change the audio in the Mexican broadcast to english, I already recorded episode 40 in english so only one episode would be missing in english which is 39. This week Mexico re-started airing from episode 1 so at 3 episodes a week it'll be a while before we get to 39 again.

6. powergate92

powergate92 Power Rangers and Stargate fan

You know, The CW4Kids started airing the show at the start of January and is going to stop airing it at the end of December, so maybe their broadcasts rights are up. So if their broadcasts rights are up, then their not going to have it on their website.

#546 powergate92, Dec 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2009
  7. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah Active Member

Well, looks like its official.

Kamen Rider is done in the US as of the end of this year, and we might not even get those 2 final episodes. A real shame, even if the series wasn't as successful as the Wang bros wanted it to be.

8. Storm Eagle

I'm mostly disappointed that I won't be able to record and save the final two episodes from television. Also, you all might want to look at this link, since it goes directly to a statement from Steve Wang via Facebook.

http://forums.henshinjustice.com/showpost.php?p=825448&postcount=140

So the chances of KRDK getting any DVD releases is slim, on account of low ratings (at least in the US), and low ratings is what got it canceled. Then this makes me think of shows like My So-Called Life and Freaks and Geeks. Those shows didn't get to see a second season, yet were popular among fans enough to warrant DVD releases. I guess KRDK isn't that lucky. Then when you come right down to it, KRDK's demographic isn't the same as the two shows I mentioned. Perhaps it's all about the demographic that the shows are trying to reach?

9. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Wow, the forums at Henshin Justice are pretty awful. I can understand their frustration but it seems like the majority of posters act like their twelve.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 36: Dark Deception
    United States air date: December 12, 2009​
    Episode Description: Xaviax realizes that Adam is having second thoughts about betraying his friends. He disguises himself to look like Eubulon and attacks Adam in order to turn him against the Advent Master. Eubulon tells Kit and Maya about his history on Ventara and why he created the Kamen Riders.

10. PC!

PC! lolwut?

I'm really behind on Kamen Rider. I'm debating whether to try catching up on 4Kids' website or not. I mean, if 4Kids ends up not going through putting the final 2 episodes online, then what's the point in getting hyped for something I'll never be able to see the conclusion of? But then the other part of me thinks, hey, what if they DO put the episodes up, but only for an extremely short time, and then end up pulling the show from their site completely before too long? That'd suck, too.

Decisions, decisions.

11. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah Active Member

Yeah, I just read that entire thread starting from the Facebook screenshot. Some of those guys seem convinced that 4kids purposely sabotaged the show simply out of boredom or that it would've performed better on Cartoon Network. I can't even begin to fathom how anyone came to the first conclusion, and I doubt it would've done better on CN if the failure of the live-action block is anything to go by.

---

So why were Kase and Kit looking so smug when they faced those monsters in the car lot? They didn't really accomplish anything aside from beating them up.

The Advent Master had quite a 180 during his heart to heart with Adam. I thought it was pretty awesome but completely out of character for him. Then it was revealed to have been Xaviax, and I was reminded how he practically makes this show every week. The connection between the 2 was finally revealed and not nearly as predictable as I thought.

12. Storm Eagle

Sometimes I think Adam should have known that wasn't the real Eubulon. He didn't even TALK like the real Eubulon to me.

13. Burgundy Ranger

Burgundy Ranger Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy

Funny thing is .... Steve says that January is when they air new shows.

Well, according to the first version of the January schedule that I've seen, there isn't a SINGLE new episode of anything in the entire month!

14. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

I agree with you there. I have an account solely so I can use the forum search, but I've never felt inclined to participate in the community for the same reasons you stated.

As for my reaction to the cancellation, I was crushed to hear of it, as I've really been enjoying this series. On the other hand, the series does have some serious, serious flaws, and a lot of the first 15 episodes (or "season 1") were a test in patience that I'm not surprised most kids would bail out on.

Take today's episode, where someone already noted how pointless the Kit & Kase fight was. A simple line saying those monsters were planting a transmitter could've helped it a little.

And how do the same writers come up with such painfully awkward dialogue (again, everything with Kit and Kase today) and fairly clever lines (Trent's "I got rid of those last year!", and Torque's "Hey, I'm not the tech guy!" had me laughing) in the same script? I just don't get it.

I don't mean to kick them while they're down with these critiques, but I really am sad that they didn't get a chance to hopefully improve with another series.

15. Storm Eagle

Steve Wang is said to have mentioned this on Facebook, in response to someone's post there:

"Thanks everyone! [Recipient's name], my show got canceled by the CW and will run for another 2 weeks, the problem is that last 2 episodes will not air and the fans are upset that they watched 38 episodes of a show and won't get to see the ending.

I did get confirmation that 4kids WILL post the last 2 episodes on their website so hopefully that will lessen the grief the fans are dealing with."

Also, perhaps the ratings haven't been terrible. It's just that the ratings just pretty much stayed the same and never really changed dramatically according to Michael Wang.

http://forums.henshinjustice.com/showpost.php?p=826736&postcount=468

16. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Damn. So 4KIDS did vented the show :(. Oh well at least they airing the final 2 episodes online.

17. Storm Eagle

I just remembered one minor spoiler that I forgot to mention before.

18. Burgundy Ranger

Burgundy Ranger Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy

KRDK's ratings have been consistent -- consistently meh.

It hasn't gotten higher than a 0.7 in any week since February, when it got a pair of 0.9's on 2/14 and 2/21 when it a) was still relatively fresh and b) ABC Kids was playing out the string with PRJF reruns (RPM started March 7).

KRDK' season-long average rating is 0.55 and a 0.52 since RPM's debut.

19. Storm Eagle

So out of curiosity, how did PRRPM's ratings compare to that?

20. Blueranger

Blueranger Member

Now, everyone wants to say KRDK got canceled because of all these reasons but let's not forget 4Kids dropped Spectacular Spider Man[​IMG] after Season 1 when the show got great ratings and was selling toys. Now, Disney got a hold of it and renewed it for a Season 2 and possibly Season 3.

It looks like Huntik is getting tossed as well and wasn't doing too bad.

Therefore, KRDK has nothing to do with being canceled. 4Kids are just run by moronic idiots that should not have a job running a Kids Company.