1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Cheapest Games You Can Collect" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

2. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

THQ created some of the most disappointing Nintendo games we own, including Rugrats Scavenger Hunt for N64, Happy Feet and WALL-E for the Wii, and Jeopardy for the Wii U. I didn't feel that surprised learning it shared a founder with LJN.
    Also, Lego Dimensions referenced ET's misfortune in the video game market, by having ET ask the Midway Arcade Gamer Kid, "ET game good?" (ET doesn't receive a response, but I guess due to voice actors' scheduling conflicts, characters added to the game from late 2015-early 2016, such as Gamer Kid, never say anything to characters added from late 2016-early 2017, such as ET.)

3. twilicorn

twilicorn HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

the way you described that Make my Video thing reminds me of the PS1 Spice World video game, as reviewed by Caddicarus here:

Also I got some serious SIRE* from the Di-Gata Defenders game, as I used to watch the show that DS game is based on) back in the day. That and Skyland. Of course I was biased because they both came on the same channel that showed Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (my most favourite show at the time). Also the SIRE for Di-Gata isn't that strong because I only really remember two or three episodes.

*from the Toughpigs Glossary: "Remember that time when you hadn’t thought about the song “Believe in Yourself” for years, and then you heard it, and realized you knew every word of it? That’s SIRE, or Sudden Instant Recall Effect. In 7938.188, Scott suggested that there should be a name for the thing that happens when “sometimes you can go for years and years without thinking about something, and then suddenly you’re reminded of it and you recall it with crystal clarity.” Ryan R obliged with SIRE, and the rest is history, although that history is perhaps destined to be forgotten for the next 25 years." They also have a really nice article about the subject here.

4. Chris

Chris I am a DuMont production.

The dinosaur game you mentioned for the Game Gear was planned, but never released.

5. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

The main page says this and the Blossom review came out in 2016, instead of 2017. Could you fix that?

6. twilicorn

twilicorn HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

it did the exact same thing for the Fantasy Switch from the beginning of the year. Must be a glitch.

7. pacman000

pacman000 New Member

I'm a bit sad there's no Atari/Intellivision/Colecovision?/Odyssey^2 games listed. Why leave out the 1st 5-10 years of home systems?