1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Release Date Thread! (UPDATED 02/08/14)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by The Clown Prince, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Cassie Star

Cassie Star I have no gender.

The movie Grand Prix was released today. It wasn't a major hit or anything, but it retains a cult following among fans of Formula 1. I can't wait to pick it up.

2. PowerZord

PowerZord It's time to change.

United 93 is listed as Sept 5 on that list, but it's out alredy, My sister rented it a few weeks ago.

3. The Clown Prince

The Clown Prince My God carries a big Hammer
    Staff Member Moderator

The theatrical United 93 has not come out yet. It's still slated for September 5th. What your sister rented was Flight 93, an A&E Channel made for TV movie that aired January 30th of this year.

The Clown Prince

4. Cassie Star

Cassie Star I have no gender.

Don't know if anyone cares besides me, but Corneil and Bernie: Season 1 comes out on September 19.

5. PowerZord

It was United 93, the same movie I saw in the theaters back in May. and the Cover of the movie said United 93, i'm not crazy, unless the video store has dirty hands and got the movie through dark ways:eek:

6. The Clown Prince

Staff Member Moderator

There is no way that what you saw was United 93. I checked Amazon.com again, BestBuy.com, and CircuitCity.com and they all have a NOT YET RELEASED associated with it and a street date of September 5th.

Now the A&E Channel movie Flight 93 came out on DVD May 2nd. That has to be what you saw. But, if you saw United 93 in the theater, and then again on video, I can't really call you a liar, but that is weird.

I'm going to the video store later today to pick up a movie. I'll take a look and see of they have it though.

The Clown Prince

7. PowerZord

Believe me i'm not lying, and I din't even knew AE had released one. it's the same one I saw in theaters. and when My sister brought it I was like: "That's not slated to be released yet:confused: " the quality looked to good to be pirated, so I guess they received the dvd and released it before the street date. it's not the first time, Final Destination 3, also they had it for rent days before.

It is weird

8. Moto Pete

Moto Pete We Bare-ly Pete's

Our industry sources have checked in with some tentatively planned street dates for major 4th Qtr standard DVD releases. Here's how things stack up at the moment:

Click (10/10), Monster House (10/24), Cars (11/7), The Da Vinci Code (11/14), Superman Returns (11/28), Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
    (12/5)

Keep in mind, all these dates are unofficial, as-yet-unannounced and are subject to change.

Stay tuned...

9. The Clown Prince

Staff Member Moderator

For those that like to check on the list regulary, I'm gonna be on vacation until next Friday so no updates until then.

The Clown Prince

10. Moto Pete

Moto Pete We Bare-ly Pete's

We've got a few more interesting street dates for you from our industry and retail sources. Keep in mind, they're all tentative and are subject to change until officially announced by the studios.

9/26 -
    The Lake House
    (Warner)

10/3 -
    X-Men: The Last Stand (Fox), An Inconvenient Truth
    (Paramount)

10/10 -
    The Break-Up
    (Universal)

10/17 -
    The Omen
    (2006 - Fox)

10/24 -
    Nacho Libre
    (Paramount)

10/31 -
    Mission: Impossible III
    (Paramount)

11/7 -
    Little Man
    (Sony)

11/14 -
    John Tucker Must Die
    (Fox)

11/21 -
    You, Me and Dupree (Universal), Ice Age: The Meltdown (Fox), Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
    (Sony)

11/28 -
    My Super Ex-Girlfriend (Fox), The Ant Bully
    (Warner)

12/5 - Snakes on a Plane (New Line), Clerks II (The Weinstein Company), Zoom (Sony)

12/12 - The Devil Wears Prada (Fox), Miami Vice (Universal), World Trade Center (Paramount), Barnyard: The Original Party Animals (Paramount)

12/19 - The Lady in the Water (Warner), All the Kings Men (Sony)

12/26 - Gridiron Gang (Sony), The Last Kiss (DreamWorks), Jackass II (Paramount)

1/16 - Open Season (Sony)
    Stay tuned...

11. Super Sonic

Super Sonic Fastest Thing Alive

Awesome! I can't wait for The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! Vol. 2 DVD! :) Before seeing this thread, I had no idea when it would come out. :)

12. PeppeRaskell1

PeppeRaskell1 Peanutized!!!

I asked this on the "Gojira" DVD Thread...

...And I'm going to ask it again here on this thread.

Does anyone know if there's an official release date yet for Classic Media's DVD of Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster?

13. The Clown Prince

Staff Member Moderator

I looked around and I'm not finding an answer. Some one here might know, but I just don't know.

The Clown Prince

14. Stewie

Stewie Just now getting into Donovan

Idiocracy on January 9th.

15. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

When is "The Prestige" going to be released in Canada and the U.S.A.?

16. The Clown Prince

Staff Member Moderator

February 13th

The Clown Prince

17. J-Ranger

J-Ranger John Stewart

I didn't see it on the first page but isn't there a new DBZ release in February? The new remastered DVDs from Funimation. I forget the date though, it may be the 20th or earlier for February.

18. Zubby

Zubby I'm probably delicious!

I just found out that The Films of Kenneth Anger: Vol. 1 is coming out on dvd on Jan 23. That is really great news for fans of experimantal film. Aside from a short-lived VHS release in the late '80's, these films have never been commercaially available anywhere.

I'm already looking forward to Vol 2, which should contain the unforgettable classic "Scorpio Rising" and the hillarious "Kustom Kar Kommandos".

19. The Clown Prince

Staff Member Moderator

Possibly, but I can't tell you for certain. ANIME is the exception for what I don't include in the DVD release list. There are just too many releases for too many titles. I know they discuss DVD releases over on the Anime forums.

The Clown Prince

20. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Thanks but are you sure that it is the official date Cause alot of people said it was on the 20th.