1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Batman" Live-Action Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Frontier, Jul 9, 2015.

1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

The execs are at fault with some of these films. Without the proper producers shepherding things (with some power of their own), they are capable of running a franchise into the ground quickly. All they want is to reach that billion $ franchise, they saw Transformers do it without effort of story, and the execs seem to want the DC films to follow suit.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Manganiello, unofficial PR agent for this movie, weighs in again

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Could he mean an expanded Batfamily in the movies :anime:?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh! I'm kind of surprised :eek:.

I would've thought Catwoman would be a shoe-in given her iconic status and the possibility of introducing her to spinoff into the Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey movie...not to mention I don't see them using another love interest for Batman, especially if Talia's out :sweat:.

Though I guess we'll just have to see who all will end up in this movie as it's shaping up :shrug:.

6. the greenman

We know Vicki Vale was used in recent games. Seeing how this version of Batman seems to be taking cues from Arkham games, maybe they'll adapt her for this version.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Eh, while I wouldn't mind seeing Vicki turn up, I don't think they'd use her as a love interest (she certainly wasn't much of one compared to Talia or Selina in the Arkham games).

Between Lois and Iris, I think we're covered in terms of reporters as Superhero love interests :p.

8. the greenman

Well, we know full well neither Marvel or DC have faithfully adapted these characters. So even if we see her we don't know how she'll be exactly used.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I'd like this. Vicki Vale is seriously underutilized. She's supposed to be Batman's Lois Lane (at least when she was created), but her appearances in any media pale in comparison to Lois'. At least she was in Batman '89, one of my top two favorite Batman movies.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

While it seems definite Alfred and Gordon will have bigger roles, I would be surprised if they didn't in part utilize the Batman movie to do more seeding of Gotham menagerie of characters/back story and at least set up an appearance by Catwoman such as in the HQ/BOP movie. But I hope they do get to the Robin story...

True. I remember when I saw The Batamn vs Dracula DTV, I couldn't to see when she'd start appearing in the series itself... but yeah, she disappeared off the face of the Earth.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think part of the reason Vicki doesn't show up as much is probably because she's so obviously meant to be Batman's Lois Lane :sweat:.

Plus, the "main love interest" position is usually filled very successfully by Catwoman :rolleyes2:.

12. the greenman

I don't care for how they portray Bruce or Tony Stark. They are meant to be playboys. It's Hollywood that needs to have a definitive love interest. Tony had Pepper only as a kinda Ms. Moneypenny, but he was bedding a myriad of women including Black Widow, even Madame Masque. The first film showed the definitive Tony Stark. Bruce has been with Poison Ivy, and other flyby night women. Catwoman was always meant to show the vigilante aspect of Bruce from a feminine perspective. Where do you think guys like Donald Trump or Hugh Hefner came from?

13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, Bruce as a playboy is just an act, despite his myriad of love interests, and Catwoman generally serves as someone who can understand him on an emotional and personal level better then anyone else can in-spite of the difficulties that keep them apart (like being on opposite sides of the law).

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. the greenman

Well, yes she serves as the classic femme fatale. They are attracted to each other, but ultimately they can not be together. I think BTAS is the only media form of showing us both Bruce and Bats psychological relationships. Some they created specifically for the animated series, of course, but it captured the whole aspect of the character.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Affleck reiterates he's not rushing to make this movie.
    I suppose that's a good sign in terms of quality.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I'm glad. The last thing we need is another problematic/divisive movie. The fact that the movie doesn't have a specific date is good. I'm not sure Ben Affleck will make a 2018 release. I just want this movie to be as excellent as promised.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. the greenman

We know now Affleck obviously has more Hollywood cred than Snyder. Heck, even Margot Robie has more.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, with Affleck involved I am kind of assured in regards to the quality of the film :).

• Like Like x 1
  19. the greenman

Yeah, but that doesnt say much to the universe in whole. Right now they still have no direction based on this news.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Damn, man, you don't to repeat this in every thread. We get it.