1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Avengers: Infinity War" Pre-Release Discussion Part Two (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

You got me. Typed a 's' instead of a 'r'. :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Regarding Hulk's development, I think it's really cool to give him this, since he can't get his own movie. Also, I hope this leads to him being able to speak; Hulk speaks all the time in the comics and animated series. I'd say it's about time he spoke in the films too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm glad to have it confirmed that we'll be seeing Rhodey recover and get back in action :cool:.

Curious to see what "big development" happens to Hulk. I'm guessing they'll deal with whatever's going on between the Banner/Hulk persona's :ack:.
    I think he's only had, like, three actual lines as Hulk in all the movies he's been. Maybe we can get a full sentence out of him this time :p?

Spidey and Dr. Strange is a classic team-up :D.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I think Steve is basically in the equivalent of his "Nomad" period in the comics by the time of this movie, being disillusioned with the government and his role as Captain America, but I would be shocked if he doesn't wear a Captain America costume at some point in either this or the next Avengers movie ;).

8. Magmaster12

For a major development for Hulk I think Thanos will use one of the gems to separate Hulk and Bruce into separate beings.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  10. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I remember there was some speculation that Thanos would only actually be the antagonist of the first film, so that's actually a relief that his arc will continue to part 2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Interesting...I'm guessing they don't want to rush through Thanos getting all the Stones and also want to show off how much of a threat he and the Gauntlet are even without all the Stones :ack:.

Also makes me wonder which Stones he'll obtain and which will be saved for the next movie...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

7/17: Hmm, to recap. Two on Earth, three on three different plants in the universe. The last one, the Soul Stone is still MIA.

Space Stone/Tesseract is on Asgard.
    Mind Stone is on Vision.
    Time Stone/Eye of Agamatto is at Kamar-Taj .
    Reality Stone is presumably still on Knowhere.
    Power Stone is on Xandar with the Nova Corps.

We know the Black Order is coming to Earth. Safe to say they're going after Vision and Kamar-Taj through the Sanctum. Perhaps Thanos is going after the Reality Stone. Does he have a force big enough to invade Xandar and Asgard and win the ensuing battles on both? They seem to be spread around and by 2018, Thanos has gathered all his empire in one place...

So far Thor is the only one really actively focusing on the stones and perhaps he sets off to find the last stone and it won't be found until the 4th movie?

7/18: Black Widow was sporting blonde hair in the D23 footage. Likely still on the lamb.

Gunn says no Adam Warlock in IW or the 4th one.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Magmaster12

Why would Natasha also go on the lamb, maybe she got bored just working for the Avengers. So the main Avengers team staying at the base is just Tony and Vision, Rhodey is probably still working on his recovery between movies.

15. RoryWilliams

Don Cheadle talked a bit about the movie with Good Morning America. Nothing much but it sounds like War Machine's return is explained by cybernetic implants.

Hmm? She went on the lamb at the end of Civil War. The Sokovia Accords people found out that she attacked Black Panther in order to let Bucky escape, and Tony said they were coming to arrest her as a result.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think if he can get one or two of the Stones, as the teaser implies, will make it far easier for him to collect the rest :ack:.

I still want to see a Warlock/Thanos confrontation...

Though I guess that pretty much confirms that the Soul Stone has to be somewhere else o_O.

17. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Honestly I thought that was something that had been confirmed several times. Especially since in the comics you can have someone like Adam Warlock be so important because he was a fairly major character for awhile in previous stories. Yeah one that had to be brought back for the comic version of the Infinity Gauntlet but still one that had a history within the books. Just having him show up in Infinity War as "the special" wouldn't work since no one would have attachment to him plus honestly the whole "he has a connection with the stones due to possessing one of them" went to Vision anyway so it makes sense he wouldn't be in Infinity War. Kind of thought that went without saying when Gunn said he wouldn't be in Guardians 2 due to not having room for him there and obviously there not being really any other movie you could introduce him in before Infinity War and like I said introducing him in that movie wouldn't work.

Also kind of thought it went without saying the next Avengers wouldn't end with Thanos getting all the gems if this was a two part story. There's no way they could end on a super downer "the world is destroyed/universe is doomed" angle since within the MCU you have Ant Man And The Wasp/Captain Marvel BEFORE Avengers 4. So obviously there is at least some sense of an ending there but Thanos will really only be a true threat again in the 2019 may movie, not in anything BEFORE that. As for where the Soul Stone will come from, I'm betting we either see it at the start of Infinity War or in Thor Ragnarok. Hoping the later as I think you should have all the stones introduced BEFORE Infinity War to more properly set them up though sure we'll have a bigger history of them in that movie since it will be the first time all 6 really play a huge role that isn't just "one is a macguffin for one villain who will be destroyed/totally defeated by the end of the flick."

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Russos comment IW and the 4th are "deals with much deeper, more universal and more profound themes of fate and destiny and the essence of what it means to be a hero."

Ruffalo photos from July 15.

Perhaps the Sovereign were unwittingly using the containment chamber housing the Soul Stone as power source for their cocoon.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RoryWilliams

Poster from Comic-Con
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1