The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes "Welcome to the Kree Empire" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 22, 2012.

?

Rate and Comment - AEMH "Welcome to the Kree Empire"

1. *****

56.5%
  2. ****1/2

4.3%
  3. ****

30.4%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

4.3%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

4.3%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator Administrator Moderator Reporter

Check out an all-new episode The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes today inside the Marvel Universe on Disney XD!

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes "Welcome to the Kree Empire"
    Episode Premiere Date - April 22nd, 2012
    An envoy from the alien warrior race, the Kree, visits Earth to determine if humanity is fit to join the ever-expanding galactic empire or be crushed in its path.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. JLApe

JLApe New Member

What would Skrull Cap say/do when he see them? :p

3. BigEclipse

BigEclipse New Member

Maybe we can start playing "Spot the Skrull" this episode. I'm thinking Gyrich is one.

4. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I was wondering if they were going to address Agent Brand as an alien or leave it as a wink to the fans - cool that they did, though. Shows that aliens have been hanging around Earth for a WHILE now.

Man, I really couldn't help but feel bad for the Avengers here. Yeah, you won. Good job. The Kree will destroy this entire solar system. I mean, come on - you LOCKED UP Ronan! He is NOT going to be happy about that. Kree Enemy #1 (or, well, #2, after the Skrulls). Should have listened to Mar-Vell. Even though we all know they're probably going to win in the end... but logically they shouldn't!

Oh and Ms. Marvel joined the team - good stuff. After playing Mass Effect recently with a tough-as-nails blond alien-fighting Shepard... it's interesting to see Jennifer Hale voicing the same sort of character. I certainly enjoyed it. :D

5. Brock Samson

Brock Samson "Super Kill-Guy"

Who was that at the end in the jail? Was it Kang?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
  6. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme Moderator

I wasn't really feeling this one. The action was kinda stiff compared to last week's and the story was not too interesting. It was a little annoying to me that the Avengers are really quick to ignore any warning from Kang, Mar-Vell, and the Kree about a bigger threat, yet NO ONE notices anything remotely suspicious about Captain America, especially when he is blatantly blowing his cover in this one.

EDIT: I WILL say, though, that I enjoyed the SWORD shennanigans, knowing nothing about them. Are they basically SHIELD in space?

7. Avengers

Avengers New Member

I enjoyed it. Glad the cosmic season is starting. While I do enjoy the personality depicted of humanity here I will say perhaps they should have listened to Marvel.

8. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator Moderator

Once more, the Avengers pack so much action into the episode that other cartoons seem anemic and really slow.

* This is the first costumed appearance of Ms. Marvel, voiced by Jennifer Hale, and the episode focuses pretty heavily on her. The AEMH portrayal of Ms. Marvel is pretty letter-perfect to the core of the character; in many ways she's the "anti-Pym" as regards to pacificism, embracing her military background.

* The Hulk is being sold out here, not really contributing to the fight against Ronan very much. Ronan is formidable, but I don't really think his strength should be on the Hulk scale, and he was (apparently) handling the Hulk far too easily.

* Captain Mar-Vell probably got he shortest shrift of all the portrayals; standing with a foot in both camps, he clearly is a failure as a xenobiologist, as he doesn't understand that there was no way the Avengers and the Earth was about to surrender. He deserves his cell in 42, although at this point he's clearly in trouble with both the Kree and the Earth.

* That said, onto the Kree. If Captain Mar-Vell is supposed to be respresentative of the normal Kree, they sure didn't show it in battle; the Kree privates and officers were so ineffective I almost expected them to break out the Imperial Stormtrooper armor.

* In the MU, the Supreme Intelliigence is shown to be a relatively subtle, long-term schemer, especially in using Mar-Vell as his catspawn; I wonder if we'll get to see more of him, as well as some of the other super-powered Kree.

* Good to see S.W.O.R.D. and Agent brand introduced, but it made sense, given the "cosmic" nature of the second season. I have a feeling that Earth will need all the advantage it can get, and the re-purposing of the Damocles as an Earth defense base was clever. I am somewhat at a loss to identify the alien known as Sedrin, however... hopefully we'll get to see more of all of the above.

* I wonder if they will be exploring the Serpent Society reference made early in the episode. Probably not, but I'd love to see them again, perhaps in an expanded role, and not because I'd love to see Diamondback.

* Is the "Captain America" that has Kang the Conquerer's undies in a twist is actually the Skrull imposter; clearly, things have changed in the continuum, as the Damocles wasn't there for Earth's defense the first time around.

* "We're going in hot, boys" - Carol Danvers. Like she could go in any other way...

9. Avengers

Avengers New Member

There was a clip in the commercial of spidey and cap fighting a member of the serpent society

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Sydren was in the S.W.O.R.D comic by Kieron Gilleon, though he seemed kinda nicer and more polite in that series. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was pitch perfect as Brand though, and I hope we see her again sometime in the future.

I really feel bad for Captain Mar-Vell. He's trying his best to win in a situation in which he just can't. He's stuck between his people and the planet he's grown attached too and when he tries to help the Earth he kinda gets screwed over. He gets thrown in jail with Ronan and the rest of the Kree while the girl he cares about gives him the cold shoulder even though he was the one Kree who didn't actually fight back. And the Avengers still have no real clue how screwed they really are, considering the Skrulls are still readying their invasion right underneath their noses. I really hope Mar-Vell isn't stuck there for the rest of the season, and finds someway to make things right.

Nice to see Ms. Marvel join the team, though I wonder if she'll be added to the opening. Vision should be the only other new member this season right?

11. Dustellar

Dustellar Member

This...
    [video=youtube;lqPYoqxgRT4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqPYoqxgRT4&lc=0kAzv4fJLc2ZiA8raP_tyBD4ObCpoaL6JcUlq-V2uZs&feature=inbox[/video]

12. Dustellar

Dustellar Member

13. Manhunter

Manhunter Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy

Yeah, Mar-Vell really got hosed here. Anybody else in a few episodes might tell the Avengers (especially Ms Marvel) to go to Hell. Of course, Mar-Vell being Mar-Vell, he'll put his feelings aside and help out.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon! Moderator

I really hated Mar-Vell here. He is way too naive. Does he really think that if Earth surrenders, that the Kree won't end up killing the humans?:shrug:

Otherwise, great episode. It was funny seeing Skrull-Cap getting all riled at seeing the Kree. Danvers is cool, and I'm glad that she is joining the team.

I also know nothing about S.W.O.R.D., but they were cool.

15. Dudley

Dudley Moderator Moderator

We don't know that for sure.
    I know I'm being naive too, but I would've liked a little bit more diplomacy coming on Earth's side. Or at least have Ronan gone to the United Nations. Something to that effect.
    Ah well. Nice episode. I like secretary Hulk, I like the introduction to Ms. Marvel and SWORD. First time I heard of Agent Brand and Sryden before, so it's cool seeing them. I kept wondering to myself, why Brand has green hair. Apparently being half-alien had something to do with it.

16. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator Moderator

Yes, its her natural color, granted by her hybrid heritage.

Viper is sooooo jealous!

17. JTMarsh

JTMarsh Wing Commander

Good episode. Nice to see Ms. Marvel in action and joining the team. I also feel kinda bad for Mar-Vell, even if he was being ridiculously naive.

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I don't think Mar-Vell was necessarily naive, since the alternative to the humans surrendering was being wiped out by the Kree. I'm not saying Mar-Vell was right, but it would've been nice if the Avengers or Carol at least tried to look at it from his perspective. All he wanted to do was keep the Kree from launching an invasion of Earth and kill millions, but he failed to prevent that and got locked up for his troubles.

19. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Yeah, from Mar-Vell's perspective, Earth has two options - A) be wiped out by the Kree Empire or B) PROBABLY be wiped out by the Kree Empire.

20. AdamYJ

AdamYJ The Saturday Morning Kid

So, this show has the early Avengers, it has the Hulk, it has Captain America and it has Mar-Vell. And yet, no sign of Rick Jones as of yet. I suppose I'm probably the only one who finds that odd, though.