The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes "To Steal an Ant-Man" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 29, 2012.

?

Rate and Comment - AEMH "To Steal an Ant-man"

1. *****

17 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. ****1/2

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  3. ****

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. ***1/2

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Check out an all-new episode The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes today inside the Marvel Universe on Disney XD!

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes "To Steal an Ant-man"
    Episode Premiere Date - April 29th, 2012
    When Hank Pym’s Ant–Man suit is stolen, he takes it upon himself to find the thief. Desperate to find his suit before it can put anyone in danger, Hank is pulled into a criminal underworld and caught in Crossfire’s crosshairs

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary, though avoid successive posting. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. JLApe

JLApe New Member

Power Man and Iron Fist!

Correction: Luke Cage and Iron Fist. (He don't like to be called "Power Man".) :anime:

Someone please fill me in on Cross and his bozos that jobbed so easily to the Heroes for Hire. And who are the Strong Guy and Shang-Chi wannabes that also got jobbed (easily)?

While not a bad episode, I prefer the comic-book version of Scott Lang's origin than this episode's adaptation.

3. Monte

Monte Active Member

A really great episode. Really loved how Luke Cage and Iron Fist were handled. And it seems like Scott Lang really is taking over as Ant-man; though i did find it a bit off that Cage was able to shrug off the punches of that big guy, but got knocked down by Ant-man. Heh, and i couldn't help but notice what looked to be a yellow jacket in pym's lab. Also the working shrinking disks could become something of a plothole if they never come up again; As pym pointed out, they would be useful to dealing with supervillians.

4. The Talon

The Talon New Member

This was a damn good episode. A lot of people may not agree, but I honestly believe that A:EMH is on Young Justice/TLOK levels right now. Luke & Iron Fist were amazing in this episode as well.

"I'm Captain America & my friend in the pajamas is Thor". :p

I liked the Yellowjacket teaser as well.

Also, with Iron Fist saying he had a job for him, does this mean that Ant-Man II/Scott Lang is joining Heroes For Hire instead of the Avengers? I wonder if this tells whether or not Yellowjacket is going back to the Avengers.

5. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

Another excellent episode, although it reminded me of the complaint that some have voiced about the latest issue of BENDIS' New Avengers, which had no Avengers in it... yeah, I know, it had Wasp, even if Pym is no longer an Avenger, technically speaking. Of course, any time they want to give us a break and put in another Heroes for Hire appearance, with a proper Luke Cage and an Iron Fist who isn't a California Surfer Dude self-parody, I'm just as happy.

The Guard outside the bank is named Micheline, in homage to the writer David Micheline presumably.

I don't like Crossfire's look; he's little more than a civilian in this particular episode. I like Crossfire as a super-villain, not as a crime boss.

I like that Hank passed the costume officially to Scott Lang at the end of the episode, making him the new Ant-Man.

Crossfire's little gang of thugs are a cross-section of Luke Cage's old sparring partners. We need more Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Or have I said that already?

"Dad, can we do that again?" - Cassie Lang -- Little does she know... *snickers*

6. NBM05

NBM05 New Member

This is how Power Man and Iron Fist should be done. I vastly prefer this (proper) version of Iron Fist to the USM version. The age of the character in USM isn't as much of an issue as the laid back surfer dude attitude and the weird long hair.

Great episode. Nicely expands the series focus while advancing the Pym/Ant Man storyline. I loved Heroes for Hire growing up, and really enjoyed seeing the characters done so well in this.

I'm looking forward to episodes that advance some of the bigger story arcs more, but smaller character centric episodes like this and the attack on Stark tower are great to have mixed in.

7. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

After the last two episodes, this one felt pretty slow but it was still cool to see Scott, Cassie, Luke and Iron Fist introduced. I wasn't too keen on Luke's voice but it was pretty cool to hear Loren Lester and Crispin Freeman voicing characters. The villains this week felt pretty lackluster though.

8. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I haven't seen this episode yet; what did Wasp get up to? I'm curious in case she interacted with Hank Pym.

9. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

Her appearance was entirely due to a Pym interaction.

10. Captain Travis

Captain Travis New Member

who played Scott Lang

11. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme

Crispin Freeman.

After last week's lackluster episode, I enjoyed this one a lot more. The Hereos-For-Hire duo had some great chemistry and voice acting. Pym is my favorite Avenger, so I'm also glad to see him there. The Yellowjacket foreshadowing (the yellowjacket in Pym's office and his increasing instability) were fun. I also liked the "street crime" feel to it, something we don't see in this show too often, if at all.

Did anyone notice when Hank and Jan are arguing at the mansion what the TV was saying. I heard some mentions of "Spider-Man" and the Daily Bugle in there. ;)

12. Frontier

Frontier Active Member

Crispin Freeman, who did a pretty good job in my opinion!

This was a nice little episode focusing on Hank, where he officially leaves the Avengers and passes on the mantle of Ant-Man. There was also some setup for Yellowjacket, though I have no idea when he'll debut. Wasp took his leaving about as well as you'd expect, and I hope their relationship is given some resolution before the show ends. I don't want the show to end with her still mad at him. A kiss might be too much to hope for... but at least some conclusion would be enough for me.

Iron Fist and Pow... I mean, Luke Cage owned this episode! In comparison to his Ultimate Spider-Man version, this Luke Cage has an actual personality and isn't just there. He even said Sweet Christmas! Iron Fist was pretty good too, though I'll admit I prefer the Ultimate Spider-Man version of his fist then what we got here. Either way, this was a good appearance by the Heroes For Hire, and I can't wait to see them again! And that line about them being the Avengers cracked me up!

I thought Crossfire would've had a more classic look, but it wasn't terrible. I still think it's strange considering he's a Hawkeye villain, but he served his purpose. Y'know, we haven't seen the real Whirlwind since the Breakout of season 1 right? And he's a known Ant-Man and Wasp villain! I have to wonder where he's been all this time...

13. Manhunter

Manhunter Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy

Was that Alex Desert voicing Luke Cage or do I need my hearing checked?

14. Avengers

Avengers New Member

Loved this episode. Basically it was a huge character study of Pym which is awesome. I don'y know much about heroes for hire but they shined in this ep, they were both funny and heroic which is something there other current adaptation is missing. Villain was basically nothing (why not have the character be played by kingpin?). Also did anyone else pick up on Pym's more depressed and slow tone, I love hoe Ultron really is just waying on his soul.

All in all fantastic episode and I look forward to Hank's inevitable return.

15. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Luke Cage and Iron Fist were solid - definitely felt more 70s-style than modern, which fits the overall tone. We even got a "Sweet Christmas!" out of it. I liked how they used Iron Fist's chi mastery creatively, too... being able to "sense" the tiny money and Lang.

But honestly Hank was the highlight of the episode - because, honestly, is he wrong? This may be the first cartoon I've seen where a superhero didn't want to be a superhero in the first place, and it's a great twist on the formula. Hopefully we see more of Scott Lang taking up that mantle, too: looks like he may be a Hero for Hire. So drag Danny and Luke along, too!

Oh, and I loved all of the old school villains filling up Crossfire's gang. Didn't recognize half of them - now THAT is pulling from the archives!

16. lukecage

lukecage New Member

i was thinking the same thing about luke cage taking those punches from that big dude. but got knock down by ant man.

17. Srebak

Srebak New Member

Not sure how to feel about this episode actually, certain scenes were interesting, but after a while of hoping that this "Hank leaving the Avengers" thing was only temporary, i was hoping that this episode would mark his return to the roster. Also, i think this whole "Jan is mad at him" thing is rather sad as well. I guess what i'm trying to say is, they really incorporated both Ant-man's association with the Avengers and his relationship with Wasp very well in the series early on, i just feel sad that both scenarios had to come undone the way they did. But i'm sure everyone else here would just consider that good story telling and writing. Point i'm trying to make; i'm not one of those people. That's all i have to say.

18. Sockie

Sockie New Member

Yost said on his Twitter that Christopher Duncan voiced Luke.

19. Manhunter

Manhunter Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy

You mean Braxton from The Jamie Foxx Show?

20. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'