The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes "The Private War of Dr. Doom" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 1, 2012.

?

Rate and Comment - A:EMH "The Private War of Dr. Doom"

1. *****

55.9%
  2. ****1/2

11.8%
  3. ****

17.6%
  4. ***1/2

5.9%
  5. ***

8.8%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

The Avengers are back with an all-new season! Check out The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes inside the Marvel Universe on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes "The Private War of Dr. Doom"
    Episode Premiere Date - April 1st, 2012
    The Avengers and Fantastic Four are attacked by the forces of Doctor Doom, who have come to capture Wasp and the Invisible Woman. As the two teams fight to save New York from Doombots and rescue their teammates, they soon realize that there is more to Doom's attack than meets the eye.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Go Tony!

So if Susan is ignoring Reed, could it be she has already been replaced? Or did she just decide to give him a taste of his own medicine?

Taste of his own medicine it is.(maybe)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
  3. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Active Member

I can't watch Disney XD where I am now; did they open with "Fight as One" or the movie promo?

4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

Hard to believe I first saw this episode at Comic-Con over eight months ago. It's been a long wait.

Welcome back Avengers!

5. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Hulk's jerk!

Good to see Doom serving up some just desserts.

Ah! so she has already been replaced.

6. Dustellar

Dustellar Member

Any way to see episode 27 legally online? I not live in US...please help!!!

7. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I enjoyed it - nice to have a "mostly" one-off episode to kick things off, and what better way than Doom and the Fantastic Four? I think Johnny and Ben were a bit underutilized, but with so many characters, I can't blame them. Some nice character stuff; good to see Tony and Reed palling around, as writers have a tendency to turn both into self-centered jerks. Good character stuff all around, including the poker game... and the subtle "off-ness" of Cap.

Doom single-handedly jobbing BOTH teams at the end was the obvious highlight. I mean, come on... that's DOOM baby. Do not presume you can lay your pitiful hands on him.

And it seems Sue is a Skrull, too! Wonder what Doom's plans are for the Skrulls... seems he's ahead of everyone here, save (possibly) S.H.I.E.L.D.

8. Knightmare

Knightmare New Member

A great return for what I feel is one of the best modern cartoons and the best superhero cartoon since Justice League/Unlimited.

I loved everything about this show, my personal highlights were the banter and entire relationship between the Hulk and the Thing, "Captain America" deflating the Human Torch's ego. Janet just being Janet and of course Dr. Doom showing everyone why he is one of the greatest characters of all time. I loved how he handled each one of his opponents and the end showing that he already knows the Skrulls are here and one of the biggest "super hero" teams on the world has already been infiltrated by them.

9. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Active Member

I didn't want to become a nuisance about this, but no one answered it yet:

10. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I'm not sure what you mean by "movie promo," but they used the shortened opening from the last few episodes of the previous season for the opening. With the Nick Fury narration.

11. ToonFan83

ToonFan83 I'll grow old, but never up

Movie promo opening.

12. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

To be honest, this episode didn't click with me for some reason. It wasn't bad at all, I just felt a bit bored watching for some reason. I think I was hoping for some Skrull action.

Not that Doom is a bad villain, he's really cool. I mean, he was beating the Avengers and the Fantastic Four.

Its just that, I was hoping for something better, I guess. The poker scene was funny, though.

13. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I think the highlight of the poker game, for me, was Black Panther calmly remarking on his hand of four aces. :p

14. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

I really liked the first half of the episode. Watching all of these superheroes interacting casually was a real treat. It's amazing that this is something we really haven't seen a lot of in Marvel Animation over the decades so it's welcome when we get these moments. Once they got into the thick of things with Doc Doom, they lost me a little though. It's a little disheartening to see Doom mop the floor with them this badly without even a little comeuppance but it seems to be setting things up for more of what's coming in the season, so I can't be upset with that. I'm looking forward to another great season.

15. Robert McSantos

Robert McSantos New Member

"At last, I have found my perfect Skrull bride! Doom's Skrull babies shall be the most powerful in the universe!"

16. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

Well, Doom is a world-class threat, and he was prepared; I suspect he wouldn't find a rematch quite as successful.

17. MarvelManiac

MarvelManiac New Member

The best episode yet!!

I can honestly say this was the best Avengers episode yet! Doom pwned everyone, and then when he decides he's had enough fun, he stops, and "allows" everybody to leave. If that doesn't say bad-ass then I don't know what does.

The poker game was funny, and it was great seeing other heroes interacting with each other. Especially, when Hulk attacks Thing for having a full house, only to have Panther beat them all with 4 aces. I also like how Cap is acting a little off, since (if you watch FF:WGH) Skrulls are dumb as dirt.

I also got the references to the FF movie ("The world's smartest, dumbest man") and to the comics (Doom sending the Baxter Building into space, The FF were stuck in Subterranean) and to the past episodes (the Breakout, the season finale, etc.).

Ans Susan is a Skrull! :eek: I did not expect that! It does explain why she's been acting "distant" though. And I am suprised that Doom knows about the Secret Invasion. It just shows how much more of a bad-ass he is. :anime:

Can't wait for next weeks episode!

18. Sockie

Sockie New Member

Mmm... I don't think that's quite what they're going for. Skrull Cap's subtly getting info and learning as much as he can. Nothing he did particularly struck me as "dumb."

19. MarvelManiac

MarvelManiac New Member

That's actually what I was thinking, I was just trying to be humorous in my review. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
  20. Webbed-Wonder

Webbed-Wonder Still thwipping!

Love this show so much, great to have it back.

I like the Fantastic Four, they were done well here. Still waiting for a really good Fantastic Four cartoon. The 2nd season of the 90s show was good, and WGH was ok, but better can still be done.