1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ultimately, we have what we have - lets appreciate it, and not spend time crying over "what might have been"s

2. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Avengers Assemble is Jeph loab's last chance to make things right, cause if he doesn't, marvel animation could be in very serious trouble, especially with it's other competitions.

He is a nice guy and good to work with but creativity wise, he has lost it. Almost every marvel product he has being on this decade has met with bad criticism.

He nearly destroyed the ultimate line, his lack of respect for characters in the marvel universe with his work on the red hulk.

And it was soooo bad to the point that Jeff parker took over and cleaned his mess as much as he could and we all like the red hulk now.

I just hope that we get a cartoon that is good for every one and kids will follow no matter what, just make it so that adults can enjoy it too and give it the smart writing like how DC and spectacular spider-man have being doing it.

Look at his work on heroes, he was in charge of season 3 and it was bad, he was fired and it happens every single time.

I think he should just quit and write special comics, let someone else take over, I wish Bruce Tim was working for Marvel.

When he made that announcement on sdcc he lied to all of us saying that avengers earth's mightiest heroes was only 26 episodes and as he came in he ordered 26 more which is not true, cause in 2008 two years before the series launch, they announced that we are getting 52 episode from the get go and that was way before he was hired as head of television for marvel, so how am I to trust him.

He should just produce and let others handle the rest.

3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

....I'm pretty sure he is producing. I've heard nothing about him actually writing the series.
    As for the success thing, the painful truth is that as long as it's on XD, it's probably not going to get very stellar ratings, just like Earth's Mightiest Heroes. That's one of the reason why I thought the logic behind replacing EMH was weird in the first place. Even if I do understand the logic behind making the cartoon closer to the movie, it won't matter as long as it's on a channel nobody watches.

4. Time Wizard

Time Wizard It All Ends Here

Its so unfortunate EMH was cancelled, I had a marathon of the whole second season about a week ago and just was amazed and dumbfounded such greatness would not go on. Marvel really has their best cartoon on their hands, and then it gets the shaft...its hard being a Marvel fan I guess. I thought Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men were the best Spidey and X-Men cartoons since the 90s. Its really unfortunate all the good ones get cancelled.

5. Barbossa

Barbossa Active Member

Marvel animation are truly entering into a new era. People like Rollman, Yost, Kyle, Johnson, Wiseman and Fine are all gone.They did give us the best Marvel shows

6. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

7. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Any word on when these last few episodes will pop up on Teletoon?

8. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It looks as though the show will be scheduled a lot more on DXD this week.

9. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

Does anyone know a place where I can find out if Marvel's lack of online previews caused the ratings to fall?

EDIT: This page says "Assault on 42" didn't get as good ratings as the Ultimate Spider-Man episode that played before it, but "Ultron Unlimited" beat the Spidey cartoon for that week. I don't know how these numbers compare to the rest of the summer.
    I also notice a pretty big drop in between those two Ultimate Spidey episodes.:evil:

#489 Dsneybuf, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
  10. NuclearBLt

NuclearBLt Member

Not at all.

Lack of advertising may be the case, but Marvel not showcasing a one-minute clip on their Youtube channel isn't going to affect the ratings in the hundred-thousands.

11. tmntspider

tmntspider New Member

If Disney XD keeps up its current pace how much longer until the last episodes air? I hope we see a fast turnaround for the next DVD.

12. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

Do you think some people misheard, "I can't believe EMH has been cancelled," as meaning that Disney XD already aired all the episodes?

13. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

14. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

....I may be dense, but I don't see anyone but some random SHIELD agents...

15. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I meant the second out of all of the preview pages provided, not the second preview page of the story. Sorry about that; I was wondering if people would understand what I was getting at. I was talking about the page where there are pictures of all the Avengers who will appear in the story...

16. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh, that... well, we shall see what we shall see... but since the credits for the comics are Chris Yost and Rob Williams, and the credits for the first story are Rob Williams, that implies that the second story is written by Christopher Yost.

Heck, we know

17. NuclearBLt

NuclearBLt Member

18. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

19. TheSkeletonMan93

20. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

A special three-hour marathon of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes episodes is scheduled to air later this month. The The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Team-Up Takedown! marathon is scheduled to air from 9am (ET/PT) to 12pm (ET/PT) on Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 on Disney XD. The marathon will include the new The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes episode "Code Red" at 11:30pm (ET/PT). Click here for more details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.