1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There are many, many ways to weasel the statement, if you really want to work hard enough.

And now, because I'm compulsive, is a decent villain whose never been given a decent appearance - the Constrictor! Granted, he's season one, but still...

[​IMG]
    Constrictor

Fury's Board

#461 Medinnus, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2012
  2. Pepperidge

Pepperidge Active Member

Loeb is out of his mind if he thinks these shows can fit together. Either that or he isn't actually paying attention to the details of anything getting produced.

Oh well, at least demanding DTV continuations could be plausible down the line, unlike with TSSM. That is assuming Marvel ever develops a new strategy for those.

3. Sockie

Sockie Member

4. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think you're right.

On another note:

5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

During the What Would It Take? segment on Cap's shield ...

6. MarvelManiac

MarvelManiac Member

7. Kumori MC

Kumori MC Member

8. Avengers

Avengers Active Member

It saddens me but I agree, I feel that after season 1 with so few guest staring supers and now a sudden avalanche of heroes guest staring it pretty much screams series end, I hope we are both wrong and the hero guest stars were planed from the beginning as they plotted the secret invasion but then you look at him saying they are committed to the avengers universe and not the show directly sounds exactly like a CEO canceling a product to make way for a similar one with the same purpose but a new design.

I still stand by my idea of not worrying until the news comes out but then it never hurts to expect the worst and hope for the best. If there is any form of silver ligning that might keep the show afloat it is that the marvel programing block just came on and for veiwers of the block it would be extremly jarring to cancel one of the fonding shows, I do hope that Marvel will give EMH one last season but in reality I fear for cancelation. But non the less enjoy the season until final word is known.

On a more positive note I managed to catch the Cap promo and season 2 trailer and saw some awesome things:

9. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

The spoilers concerning that board sound really cool. What I would like to see in season 2, in addition to what's already been confirmed:
    • Galactus (just so we're clear ;)).
    • Scarlet Witch (and it would be nice to see Quicksilver in a small role).
    • Vision joining the team after he (hopefully) turns good.
    • Wonder Man turning good and fighting alongside the Avengers (we'll see what happens in "Acts of Vengeance"...).
    • Winter Soldier starting off as a villain.
    • Hank and Janet becoming an item (no need to drag this out beyond the Secret Invasion arc).
    • Beast and Storm in speaking roles, if possible.
    Regarding what has been revealed so far, hopefully there won't be any cop-outs. Someone suggested that the screenshot of lots of assembled heroes might just be lots of disguised Skrulls... We can do without cop-outs like that.

That's cool. I didn't know they were associated with

10. Kumori MC

Kumori MC Member

And still I can't find that promo anywhere. :(

Weep....

11. Capt. Speedbump

I don't think pictures seen during the making of Cap's shield segment qualify as spoilers, but just in case...

12. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Yeah. I think the Marvel Russia guy was right about this one. Loeb pretty much came out and said that's it for EMH. TheVileOne pinned Loeb into a trap (probably unintentionally, TheVileOne doesn't go for "gotcha" questions) and Loeb basically revealed the truth without revealing it.

As a refresher, the Marvel Russia guy said that the new Avengers show was going to be set-up like the movies. Black Widow is in, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Wasp, and Vision are all out. What remains to be seen is whether EMH will set up the new Avengers show or whether the new Avengers show will exist in its own continuity or USM's continuity.

13. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I don't think it was a "gotcha" question; its not like he went for blood, he was polite and respectful (which is kind of expected if one wants to be able to do it again - never burn your bridges without a darn good reason). Its not like he said something like "There is a leak from a Marvel Studios employee who said that AEMH is dead after Season Two so that you can re-create an Avengers show more in line with your other creative decisions. Can you confirm that there will be no third season?". That would have been a "gotcha" question, but would have gotten no more information, and would have shut the door for him down the road.

14. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

That's what I was kinda saying. :sweat: I was saying it was an unintentional‚Äč "gotcha", in fact, Loeb kinda brought the trap on himself.

15. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

That'd be weird if true. By the time it gets to airwaves the Avengers movie would have been out of theaters for at least 2 years or so. And I'd have to imagine that any Avengers sequel would have new characters anyway so it seems like cancelling AEMH just to launch a show with a cast exactly like the movie would be kind of a missed opportunity.

16. Kumori MC

Kumori MC Member

I'm going to say this right now [and hope to {insert deity, action optional} that someone from Marvel Television is going to read this]: if you shut down Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, you're making a hell of a mistake.

You'll lose legions of true fans, credibility and several other hundred-dollar words. Not to mention shutting down one of the best shows ever to come out of Marvel outside of comics.

Listen to reason. Give AEMH a third season.

Thank you.

[And yes, I am aware that this is less than useless - thus making it uselessless :p - but it had to come out.]

17. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Wonder if Chris Yost and Josh Fine have seen all of the finished episodes yet. That'd be a good question for someone to ask on Twitter.

18. Avengers

Avengers Active Member

Do we know how reliable the marvel exec is that claimed EMH was dead? I mean how did Marvel react when the info was leaked?

19. jph139

jph139 Immortal

I dunno, I think 52 episodes is a great run - same as STAS, Batman Beyond, X-Men: Evolution, Samurai Jack, Static Shock... a lot of great action cartoons. More than both of the Justice Leagues (counting them separately, that is), more than WatXM, more than Spectacular, more than Legion of Super-Heroes, more than a lot of shows cut down early.

Yeah, it's just two seasons, but both of them were double-stuffed. An extra thirteen would be nice, but if this is the end, I can't really complain.

20. Pepperidge

Pepperidge Active Member

I'd say that we'd better start dishing out for those DVD singles, but what would that tell Marvel Animation and retailers? That we want more EMH, or that anything "Avengers" will do? That's the problem with these big meta-franchises: your nerd dollars can only communicate so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.