"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Avengers Assemble! Airing regularly on Disney XD and Teletoon, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes brings the classic superhero team to animated life!

[​IMG]
    Check out Marvel Animation Age and the latest posts in this very thread for all the new The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes developments!

Stay tuned for further updates!

Previous Discussions:
    -The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)
    -The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)
    -The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)
    -The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)
    -The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Mod Note: Remember to use spoiler space when applicable when discussing future episodes. And please keep discussions on-topic. Thank you.

2. Aquaman OS

Aquaman OS New Member

Premieres next month? Where did they get that from?

3. babykhris

babykhris New Member

Here's another scenario for Falcon. Since the Avengers debuted alot of non-Avengers here have begun popping up.

Winter Guard in the comics.
    Black Knight during the invasion.
    Doc Samson.

We know Power Man & Iron Fist are showing up, so maybe Falcon is affiliated with them as they from the same "hood".

4. U-Foe

U-Foe New Member

I just hope they got a chance to touch upon some aspect of the Wonderman/Scarlet Witch/Vision triangle, since it has been such a major Avengers plotline throughout the years.

5. Kumori MC

Kumori MC New Member

Erm, where?

6. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

Funny you should ask. It was originally said from a storyboard artist I think. Very vague confirmation. I just found this though on Loren Lester's official page:

I found this out while looking up UMVC3 stuff as Loren Lester voices him in the game too it seems. On a related note, kinda weird (and funny) to hear the EMH voices talk to each other with 616 based history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoHJFn4Z6A0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6HTJlRoOkk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJCllkjNua0

Did I miss something? I thought I remember hearing Fine leaving and someone else taking over, but is Avengers' future really looking that grim already?

7. Sockie

Sockie New Member

Yes, there were some leaked storyboards from a while back that had Luke Cage and Iron Fist in them. And cool to hear that Iron Fist will have his UMvC3 voice actor.

8. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

The artist was forced to take them down, but there were also (very briefly) some leaked shots of Luke & Iron Fist as well as the Hulk fighting Red Hulk.

9. supergirl's pal

supergirl's pal Give us a SBFF Animated Series

I'd love to see more of Wasp helping Cap adjust to the 21st Century while he talks to her of his past while looking up old friends.

10. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme

Technically, that's not true. He's been voiced in SHS and a few video games before.

11. Capt. Speedbump

Capt. Speedbump Member

That interview with Chris Yost was very uplifting for me, particularly this question and answer:
    Q: Sounds like there are plans for a big overarching story. How does the new season break down in terms of serial and standalone stories?

A: I think the balance is pretty much what Season One was. Season One sort of had two mega arcs in there. Season Two is going to have Skrull elements, Kree elements, and a bunch of other things will be in play as well. There's going to be time for some fun standalone stories, too.

I know a lot of people are nervous about the standalone stories in the second half of Season Two, and I really shouldn't blame them; after all, Season One was so well done, the thought of any changes to this show can justifiably make people edgy.

But it seems Yost and Fine have been upbeat about Season Two as a whole wherever you read them, and if they feel good, that's fine with me.

I'm not going to say eps 41-52 will be guaranteed to be as good as eps 1-40, because I haven't seen eps 41-52 yet... or eps 27-40 for that matter. But as long as Yost, Fine, and their team worked on them, I'm optimistic.

12. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

OK, here's a reality check.

Yost and Fine are professionals.

When professionals comment on the work of others in a public venue, the worst they say is something like:

"Every day people face creative challenges, and different people have different ways of approaching those challenges. The choices which have been made *note the use of the passive voice* are perhaps not the ones that I'd have made, but I have a great deal of confidence in their abilities!"

Professionals don't make enemies over spilled milk. Prima dona behavior doesn't play well, and there are a lot of hungry people standing behind them, so don't read too much into it.

This is me stating the obvious: I'm not saying things will be bad; they could be splendid. Given how much was already done by Fine and Yost, the proverbial "half a loaf" is still heads and shoulders ahead of most other things.

Joshua Fine left the series, but not before most of Season Two was already in or through with post-production; he didn't leave because there was no future, but to pursue other opportunities. In an interview I conducted with Mr. Fine, he said that he and Yost had made tenuous plans for Season Three, but we won't know anything about Season Three until Season Two is on the air, including as to whether or not there will be a Season Three. For all we know, Fine and Yost will be available when we get that far, and they may be back at the helm.

13. Capt. Speedbump

Capt. Speedbump Member

OK, I plead guilty to the charge of ignorance in the conduct of professional behavior, and throw myself upon the mercy of the court (though being a repeat offender, I doubt the sentence will be any lighter). ;)

Oh well, can I at least keep the half a loaf?

14. lukecage

lukecage New Member

where can i find those shots of luke cage and iron fists?

15. RoryWilliams

16. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

Guys, please remember to try using spoilers when discussing items that have not been officially revealed.

17. Kumori MC

Kumori MC New Member

Wow.

Those look amazing.

So wait, they won't be appearing in the show?

18. suss2it

suss2it New Member

If they're getting storyboarded then they're definitely appearing.

19. RoryWilliams

They will. The artist just wasn't supposed to have leaked those story boards since their appearance was probably gonna be a surprise.

20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

I'm giddy about the idea of seeing the Heroes for Hire in this series. Iron Fist has always been a favorite character of mine. So I'm excited he might finally get some animated spotlight in this and Ultimate Spider-Man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.