1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Hulk and Valkyrie? The crack pairing of the century? Shall we dub it . . . Hulkyrie?

What about Vaulk?

2. Venom Melendez

Venom Melendez Active Member

It's not really a crack paring since they do have some history. A Crack paring would be something completely random.

3. TheVileOne

Reporter

Like were they actually a couple in The Defenders? Did they get "defensive" if you catch my meaning?

SHSS reference by the way :) .

4. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I do want a Defenders ep in season three. Add in Submariner, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, and Hellcat, I am there!

5. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The MAA has an AEMH subsite with screens from the episodes in the Episodes guide.

In terms of other stuff - what do you want? I have the series on iTunes and Netflix, so taking screens is a trivial undertaking...

6. babykhris

babykhris Member

7. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A nice interview, but for those who obsessively track these things, there is nothing new here; most of what Yost talks about he and Fine already covered on the two DVD video extras.

8. GreenScar1990

GreenScar1990 Member

Hmm... Well, there is the bedroom scene between Hulk and Bruce's reflection in the mirror (but it's actually Enchantress) that takes place in "Some Assembly Required". And in that same episode, there's the scene that Hulk passes the room that Thor is in, with Bruce (Enchantress) trying to stir up a confrontation with Hulk and Thor.

Those are some of the pics that I would like to have. Also, there is the scene in the episode "459" where Hulk grunts and says "Bet I'll survive." Then there is the interaction between Hulk and Captain America during the episode "Hail, Hydra!", which are some of the other pics that I would like to add to my collection. Then there's the Hulk scenes in the two-part Ultron-5/Ultron Imperative episode, and then that of the 3 Part Asgardian Trilogy that I would love to have pics of involving the Jade Giant.

I hope this clear it up a bit, my friend. :D

#488 GreenScar1990, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
  9. Capt. Speedbump

Excellent idea... but at this point, I'd just settle for a season three, period.

Josh Fine said if he did a season three, it'd be the "Magic" season, so I'm guessing he was thinking about bringing in Dr. Strange and Dormammu, which could have potentially led to an adaptation of the Avengers/Defenders war. But since he's left the show regardless (I guess it's possible Yost would return, although he seems to have no shortage of writing assignments for the comics at present), if season three happened, who would write it and what characters would appear is potentially a toss-up.

But you never know... and maybe some of those characters will even appear in season two.

10. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Confirmation that Ms. Marvel is joining the team, nice! Glad to hear that the whole season is done production, so when Disney finally decides to start airing this again hopefully there won't be any breaks.

11. TheVileOne

Reporter

suss2it, we've pretty much had that confirmation for a long time.

12. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

I knew she was gonna be appearing in season 2, but I didn't know that she was gonna become a full-time member. I thought she was gonna be like a government superhero or something.

13. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Fine and Yost said that Ms. M and Vision would be the newest additions to the team way back on the first two dvd volumes. I hope that the arrival of this interview is a little sign that Season 2 will be here soon.

14. Capt. Speedbump

And I remember at one point (though I'm too lazy to look up exactly where, but I think it was a Twitter) that either Fine or Yost said that in addition to Ms. Marvel and the Vision, at least one more person would "get an Avenger's ID Card".

Naturally, he didn't say who.

15. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

16. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

17. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

Did any other sources say anything about Mockingbird joining the team?

18. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

I hope not. She was fun and all in "Widow's Sting" but the team already has 2 non-powered heroes, arguably 3 if you count Captain America, I don't think we need another.

19. Capt. Speedbump

One of the DVDs (Vol 1 or 2) mentioned that she would be returning in Season 2, but didn't say whether or not she would be technically joining the Avengers. Only Ms. Marvel and Vision have been confirmed to be joining the team, but as I've noted, at one point it has been said that at least one other person will "be getting an Avengers ID Card" (which I'm interpreting as officially joining the team). Whether that person is Mockingbird or someone else is likely not going to be revealed until the episode where it happens airs.

20. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think - and its pure spec - that she's going to be part of Nick Fury's "Secret Warriors" task force rather than an Avenger as such. There is room for a lot of nuance between being a formal Avenger, and being an Avengers ally, and being part of the general 'good guys' side.

For example, in the MU 616, the Falcon was created by the Red Skull using the Cosmic Cube, to create a 'rebel leader'. He became Captain America's partner for a long time, and eventually became an Avenger. The Black Panther has given the Falcon several upgrades over the years. Two alternate versions of the Falcons were both SHIELD agents (IIRC).

We know from the preview clips that we get to see the Falcon in the Avengers... but what does that possibly mean? Some of the possibilities include:

* The return of the Red Skull, now with imbued Cosmic Cube action ability! If we have that, we have a potential origin for the Falcon that resembles the original. (Probably not, though, although I'd love to see the Exiles!).

* The Falcon is a Wakandan, powered through the Black Panther's good graces. Perhaps T'Challa has to go home and be king, and suggests the Falcon as his own replacement?

* The Falcon is another technology-based Agent of SHIELD - which has been done enough that I'd rather he was bitten by a radioactive Redwing instead!

So, we have a character whose origin is likely to change, who has been an Avenger in the MU616, and whose powers are within the same non-powered range as Mockingbird.

So... Avenger? I hope not, for the same reason cited by Suss2it. Avengers "friend of the family"? Without a doubt. Captain America's partner? Hardly likely. T'Challa sub? Furthest possibility!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.