"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Avengers Assemble! Airing regularly on Disney XD and Teletoon, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes brings the classic superhero team to animated life!

[​IMG]
    Check out Marvel Animation Age and the latest posts in this very thread for all the new The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes developments!

Stay tuned for further updates!

Previous Discussions:
    -The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)
    -The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)
    -The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)
    -The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Mod Note: Remember to use spoiler space when applicable when discussing future episodes. And please keep discussions on-topic. Thank you.

2. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

3. Sockie

Sockie New Member

Probably because it seems like they just got a lot of that info from the comics. >.>

4. Frontier

Frontier Active Member

So Whirlwind is a member of the Masters of Evil now? Or will he join in season 2? And where was the Chemistro bio?

I've just noticed, there are a lot of Iron Man villains in the Masters of Evil. We've got Crimson Dynamo, Wonder Man (Technically, since he hates Stark), and Living Laser. Thor has, or had depending on if their still members, Enchantress and Executioner, Cap has Zemo, Hulk has Abomination, if we count Whirlwind I'd say we have someone for Wasp, and Chemistro is all around I guess. Kinda interesting when you look at it.

5. Toons4ever

Toons4ever Member

6. suss2it

suss2it New Member

7. Burgundy Ranger

Burgundy Ranger Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy

Not sure if this is being done simply because the season is finished or if it's because there's not going to be any more and XD isn't wasting any time shipping the show to a graveyard slot. But they're making the following changes on the weekends for EMH effective July 9:

Lose:
    Saturdays @ 5:00 & 5:30 p.m.
    Saturdays @ 9:30 p.m.
    Sundays @ 10:30, 11 & 11:30 p.m.
    (It's already lost the Sunday morning slot)

Add:
    Saturday & Sunday @ 2:00 a.m.

8. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

Well, to be honest, I think this is a smart move. Consider.

• The episodes for Season One are all available on-demand from Netflix.
    • The episodes for Season One are all available on-demand from iTunes
    • Half of Season One is available on-demand from Marvel.com
    • Half of Season One is available on DVD release.
    • All of Season One are available in unauthorized format in various venues.

Until Season Two (which I predict, for various reasons, will be released around mid-October) is released, there are few people who would be tuning into what is already a restricted channel for episodes that are massively available elsewhere.

9. beyond94

beyond94 New Member

She-Hulk appearance in Avengers season 2

I read in some sites and mentioned on you tube that She -Hulk will make an appearance in season 2 and that Colleen O'Shaungessy is also doing her voice. She -Hulk has always being my favorite female character in Marvel animation depending on who does her voice. My favorite so far was Lisa Zane in the 90's Hulk series.Cree Summer's voice for She-Hulk was not a good fit. Her voice was too urban sounding. I hope that Ms. O'Shaungessy will give a good performance for She-Hulk's voice that we couldn't tell that's her doing both characters. I hope that She-Hulk will make her appearance in season 2.

Mod Note: There's no need for a separate thread.

10. macattack

macattack I see you!

. . . I come back from my crappy inventory day shift and THIS is what I see first?

What is with the obsession over She-Hulk anyway? I like her but I don't think she's an absolute necessity.

Also, I don't know about you, but I'm calling bull on this so-called "report" just because of O'Slaughnessey. They already have a She-Hulk voice: Maria Canals-Barrera. Why would they not use her for season 2?

Give us something real or stop wasting board space.

11. beyond94

beyond94 New Member

I don't know who you are either. But is no need to be rude. These boards are made so that fans, like us who happen to like the character can express their opinion. That's the impression that I got from some of the sites that Collen was doing two characters in season 2, The She -Hulk was one of them. The fact of the matter is It's okay to say that you don't like the idea, but to make that kind of a comment about wasting people's time shows a lot of disrespect on your part!!

12. macattack

macattack I see you!

Colleen O'Slaughnessey probably could play She-Hulk. She has some serious range though she doesn't usually get to show it off. She portrays 3 or 4 Bleach characters and she has to come up with different voices for all of them. So she probably could. That's not my issue here.

My issue is that you're not citing where you're getting your impressions from. On this forum, you need to back up what you say or nobody's going to believe you. Including me.

13. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

Mod Note: Please keep the discussion civil. Thanks.

14. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

Mac - with respect, all he said was that he'd heard it was so, he didn't say it was confirmed; just another rumor (you should see some of the ones people send me to report as news, but can't actually site a reputable source. I have my "Thank you so much, but without some sort of official confirmation I made the decision to not publish unsubstantiated rumors. That way, you can trust my site, hopefully!"

The rest of it was more rumor, speculation, and fan adoration - which makes him no different from much of what goes on in various threads here. :D

15. macattack

macattack I see you!

I just wanted to know if he had something backing the rumor or whether he was making it up.

I could have gone after it more diplomatically, I agree. But I don't like it when baseless rumors get tossed around.

16. Capt. Speedbump

Capt. Speedbump Member

According to a Q/A by Chris Yost:

http://manvs.tumblr.com/post/6206818188/mr-yost-is-it-possible-that-heroes-such-as-hercules

Of She-Hulk, Hercules, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and X-Men, "several" will appear in Season 2. I'm guessing "several" means "many, probably more are than aren't, but not all".

Fantastic Four is given.

X-Men, maybe, since MRD name-dropped, and Howlett's appearance from WWII.

Spider-Man I think might be a long shot, but you never know...

Herc and She-Hulk I think could each be likely, but we'll have to see.

No word on potential casting/voices.

17. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator

For that matter, the FF alone could qualify as the "several"... :D

18. Moriarty

Moriarty The Napoleon of Crime

19. ktk

ktk New Member

Whirlwind frequently matches up against Ant/Giant-Man and Wasp, not just Janet.

Chemistro is primarily a Luke Cage villain. Considering that we've heard many rumblings over the past 3-5 years that Marvel wants to do a Luke Cage movie, I wonder if Power Man is a character that could show up in future episodes.

20. Moriarty

Moriarty The Napoleon of Crime

i hope She Hulk and Hercules show up. i think John DiMaggio would make a great Hercules. he could pretty much do the same voice he already uses for Aquaman on Batman Brave and the Bold. that would be awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.