1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Avengers Assemble! Airing regularly on DisneyXD and Teletoon, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes brings the classic superhero team to animated life! Click on the images below to view the trailer for this acclaimed animated series!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Check out Marvel Animation Age and the latest posts in this very thread for all the new The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes developments!

Stay tuned for further updates!

Previous Discussions:
    -The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)
    -The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Mod Note: Remember to use spoiler space when applicable when discussing future episodes. And please keep discussions on-topic. Thank you.

2. Venom Melendez

Venom Melendez Active Member

Can't wait for tomorrows episode. I'm loving this shows Kang.

I wonder, whe the Kree-Skrull war does happen, do you think Kang will help fight them off (Or the other villains for that matter)?

3. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So... the next issue of the limited series comic features the Masters of Evil.

How many of those who don't usually buy the series are planning on picking it up, as the comic is considered canon?

4. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

I might be wrong but i remember someone mentions one of the issues explain how Crimson Dynamo joined the Masters of Evil.

#4 King_of_doom, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
  5. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yep, that was in the second issue, after they introduced the Winter Guard.

6. The Clown Prince

The Clown Prince My God carries a big Hammer
    Staff Member Moderator

I got to thinking. Disney XD advertises this show as coming on at 10:00am. But at least here in the Portland Oregon area market, it comes on at 7:00am! Is there anyone else here that watches where this happens?

Even when this show premeired on it's original Wednesday airdate, it aired at 10:00pm rather than it's advertised 8:00pm time.

Could this affect it's ratings if this is happening else where?

7. Munkiman

Munkiman Hail Hydra.

How good is it? I don't usually give cartoon tie-in comics much thought, they don't tend to be up to the level of the show.

8. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

My review of it puts it as a good story, but crappy artwork. Still, there are always a couple of nice touches - like the focus on Hawkeye's quiver in one issue, and the explanation of Iron Man's HUD in this one.

Also, a nice illustration (that I hesitate the call a pin-up, but... va va voom!) of the Enchantress.

EDIT - Now with image-linky goodness!

#8 Medinnus, Jan 16, 2011
  9. Munkiman

Munkiman Hail Hydra.

Wait, Scott Wegener does the art? That's surprising, he's great on Atomic Robo.

10. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Considering Chris Yost, the story editor of this show, is writing it, I'd say it's worth checking out. Not to mention it's canon. And like Medinnus said, the art for the first stories is awful. The one for the second ones is much better.

I'd also recommend checking out the Young Justice tie-in comic, with a similar situation.

#10 M.O.D.O.K., Jan 16, 2011
  11. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

I agree. I don't know if Yost is the head producer, but he is the story editor and his past work on comics have been pretty good so I'd also recommend reading the tie-in limited series. Although I myself haven't yet, I haven't had the time to go buy it yet.

12. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

OK, got it. I'll fix that. Don't know how I got those two positions mixed up.

13. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

No worries. I would imagine they're pretty similar roles anyway, and who knows he might actually be the head producer.

14. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That would be Joshua Fine.

But I'm sure the team works well and closely, based on the interviews I've seen.

15. The Octopus

The Octopus The Postage Stamp

Three more episodes have been revealed, as long as this source is correct.

1x20 "Flight of the Falcon"
    1x21 "To Kill a Mockingbird"
    1x22 "Marvelous"

If they are correct than, I assume we'll be getting the introduction of Falcon, most likely as a SHIELD agent and returns of Mockingbird (obviously) and hopefully the arrival of Ms. Marvel (yay!).

16. DarqueGuy

DarqueGuy The Secret Sobriety

I live in Portland, too, and I know that for some HD channels, they go by the East Coast time vs. adjusting for West Coast (USA, SyFy, AMC). I don't know why they do it that way...just the prerogative of the individual channel, I guess. I hardly watch anything in non-HD anymore, especially when there's a choice between the two, so I don't know if the non-HD Disney channel is broadcasting on East Coast time or not.

17. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I also have a dubious source (IMDB) with listings for others of the last, included on my Season One list under "Episode Guide":

http://www.medinnus.com/AEMH/

18. Eivion

Eivion Member

Chris Yost confirmed over at CBR that those future episode listings are false.

19. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Link?

20. Eivion

Eivion Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.